Thug's album no longer called Carter 6, now Barter 6

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No that im supporting Thugs fukkery but how can u sue somebody over an album title? I dont get it..

You don't have to actually sue for damages or anything, you just have to get a judge to approve an injunction which would force Thug to not release it. Intellectual property rights are very fluid

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
all this shyt over a mixtape? and you can be sued for naming your mixtape something? so i can't name my mixtape the blueprint, but i can name is the clueprint? can i come out with a shoe named kreeboks?

Yes, you can. Thats why Star came out with Shot 97 after leaving Hot97.

To win these types of copyright cases you have to be able to prove that a "reasonable person would be confused by the two". For the average American, if they heard Carter 6, they would assume it's Wayne. So he has enough of a case to stop it.

Daps
Reppin
California
Bro, no one sued anyone. You buy this shyt, it's all gimmick with these gram videos. You can't just sue someone for naming there mixtape "Carter 6" lol Thugger is playing y'all.. We're sitting here rapping about grown men on the internet... they're obviously winning in that aspect.

Everybody featuring Thugger? Who Rich Homie? Dej Loaf, Nicki Minaj? Lets cross her out for obvious reasons. You're delusional bro, the game hasn't hopped on "featuring Young Thug" the way they have done to Future, or Lil Wayne, or Drake.

Wayne is finished huh? That's why Sorry For The Wait 2 is doing numbers on all mixtape sites? More so than the Rich Gang tapes? What spot has Young Thug taken without even dropping an album, let alone a platnium one. I fukk WITH YOUNG THUG heavy musically but you sound like a 12 year old groupie nikka, let him grow into his own. Ain't nobody taking nobody spot.

Lol simmer down wayne stan, yes lil wayne still does numbers after all he is a house hold name but hes not doing the same numbers as he used too he's declining every year, i mean who even listen's to wayne besides his stans like you. And why young thug have bigger singles then your man lil wayne?

Personally i think lil wayne is annoying faggit and i want thugga to put his career in a coffin for the fukkery.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Lol simmer down wayne stan, yes lil wayne still does numbers after all he is a house hold name but hes not doing the same numbers as he used too he's declining every year, i mean who even listen's to wayne besides his stans like you. And why young thug have bigger singles then your man lil wayne?

Personally i think lil wayne is annoying faggit and i want thugga to put his career in a coffin for the fukkery.

Lol at all of this. What big singles does this nikka have :mjlol:

Daps
Well "Barter 6" is actually his 1st studio album release on 300 Entertainment, 1017 Records, and Atlantic.

Unless I'm missing something. Idk. :manny: I never heard about he can't release albums to be straight with you.

dude is signed to so many people It's ridiculous. Not to mention birdman gets a cut from "managing" him and promoting rich gang.

Crazy how some of these artists get caught up in these deals but seems like thug is just happy to be on