Tim Duncan has 5 rings why isn’t he ever mentioned in top 5

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Hakeem was better than him so that doesnt make much sense

you mean his individual peak is better; his career isn't anywhere close to GOAt status

Biggest difference b/w their careers was Duncan started his career in the best possible situation with a top scout (Buford), coach (Pop) and top 5 player in the league who was MVP and DPOY (Robinson). Duncan had much better coaching, drafting, and supporting casts throughout his career

Hakeem had Ralph but he got injured and broke down quick. With Ralph Hakeem made the finals as a sophomore and eliminated the Showtime Lakers in 5 games and took 2 games from a GOAT level team in the 86 Celtics

Houston had one of the worst FOs in the league and they were a cocaine circus with broken down and drugged up men posing as pro basketball players.

Hakeems b2b titles are more impressive than anyone's ever given the strength of opponents, his relatively mediocre supporting case and running through every great big man of his era. Also the only team to win a title as the 5th seed and they was underdogs without HCA for every round going up against 60 win teams every round featuring 2-3 HOFs in their prime while his 2nd option Clyde Drexler was past his prime and Portland traded him, their franchise player, for Otis Thorpe and a 1st rounder

Duncan had the better career

Pytgcpt.png

rULxEKm.png

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Duncan doesn't have a fanbase like Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron

U got guys like shannon sharpe and nick wright who dikkrides lebron everytime :mjlol:

Plus he's quiet

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Hakeem was dominant in ways TD never was. He destroyed Shaq and DRob in their prime. TD had more longevity but imo Hakeem is the most complete big man ever.

Dominance means more to me than sustained above average longevity

Hakeem being 2 time DPOY is more impactful than just making All Defense....its just a higher level when you are the BEST not just one of the better ones that year

Ppl underrate Ginobili and TP....they weren't superstars but they were Allstar level dudes talent wise and they often came up bigger in key moments than TD

TD is a top 10 big man, why cant that be enough?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The crazy thing is, Shaq and Kobe had each other's help while Duncan faced them every year in the playoffs without another player of that stature. You'd think this would make people appreciate Duncan more.
That’s because the first option/second option/third option logic has rotted basketball discussions.

Duncan never had to ramp up like Kobe and Shaq did together while he was “alone”. Duncan was on the perfect teams for his slow, bruising style.

When we saw him next to several stars the ‘04 Olympics happened.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Big Fundamental was really unstoppable in the post, but I think its due to the perception of being 'boring'
This. Tim Duncan still makes my GOAT roster, but he played in the wrong era for his personality.
As one of the guys who played in the "hip hop & hoops" era, Tim's conservative personality took a back seat to the swagger of guys like AI, Shaq, Grant Hill, Chris Webber & Kobe.
IIRC, Tim didn't even get his first tattoo until he was close to retirement. Meanwhile, the other guys I mentioned were in rap videos (or rapping on their own albums), on BET, or hanging with celebrities.
Tim Duncan was like a more reserved Kahwi Leonard.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Nah.

Was in an infinitely better team situation yeah.
Bron is seen as a do it all type of player, but unless I'm mistaken TD was the first player to lead his team in all major categories in the Finals

Against the Nets in 2003....lead in points, rebounds, assists, blocks.

Team situation? Come on, ese.....keep it real homes.

maxresdefault.jpg

Has Lebron matched this en route to a title?

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
He also got a boring ass face too

Brehs whole demeanor screams Fundamentals

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Bron is seen as a do it all type of player, but unless I'm mistaken TD was the first player to lead his team in all major categories in the Finals

Against the Nets in 2003....lead in points, rebounds, assists, blocks.

Team situation? Come on, ese.....keep it real homes.

maxresdefault.jpg

Has Lebron matched this en route to a title?

lebron did it for both teams

proof-lebron-james-is-the-greatest-of-all-time-goat.jpg

BigTyme Records

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
35 year old LeBron is better than 35 year old Duncan was

But Duncan was better in his early 20s than LeBron was in his early 20s

Duncan had 11 years (1997-2008) as a dominant, MVP-caliber player. It's not like he had a short peak.

but I’m saying the gap is bigger

Bron was a mvp level by his 3rd year Duncan was by year 2. Both were superstars.

Bron was the best player in the league at 35 Duncan was closer to a role player in his mid 30s. Is all I’m saying