Time for Sessions to Go: Jeff Sessions is ready to unveil the end of cannabis legalization

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
if i have it right, he's not going after it himself. he's telling state AGs "go ahead and go after it if you want"

but blue state AGs where its legal aren't gonna do that, its political suicide :yeshrug: seems like lip service

"The memo will be rescinded but it's not immediately clear whether Sessions will issue new guidance in its place or simply revert back to older policies that left states with legal uncertainty about enforcement of federal law."

this isnt action on his part

That isn't what's being said. This has nothing to do with state AGs.

Sessions will instead let federal prosecutors where pot is legal decide how aggressively to enforce federal marijuana law, the people said.

He's empowering federal prosecutors to enforce federal marijuana law whereas under the previous policy, they were instructed to take a hands-off approach to enforcing the law in states that had legalized it. Even if you live in a state that's legalized weed, the local U.S attorney could now decide to crack down on weed because it's still illegal under federal law. The legal weed industry won't be able to get off the ground in states that have legalized it if they're basically left at the mercy of the local U.S. attorney

This is a definite setback to marijuana legalization.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That isn't what's being said. This has nothing to do with state AGs.

He's empowering federal prosecutors to enforce federal marijuana law whereas under the previous policy, they were instructed to take a hands-off approach to enforcing the law in states that had legalized it. Even if you live in a state that's legalized weed, the local U.S attorney could now decide to crack down on weed because it's still illegal under federal law. The legal weed industry won't be able to get off the ground in states that have legalized it if they're basically left at the mercy of the local U.S. attorney

This is a definite setback to marijuana legalization.
thats exactly what i just posted :dead: local attorneys who have to answer to local politics

im not cheerleading this fakkit sessions, at all. im just trying to clarify :yeshrug:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
thats exactly what i just posted :dead: local attorneys who have to answer to local politics

im not cheerleading this fakkit sessions, at all. im just trying to clarify :yeshrug:

Do you not know what a U.S. attorney is? :heh:

You said state attorney generals in your first post. This actually deals with instructions to U.S. attorneys, who are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate to a four year term and serve until either a successor is appointed or the president removes them from office. They don't answer to local politics at all :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

You said state attorney generals in your first post. This actually deals with instructions to U.S. attorneys, who are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate to a four year term and serve until either a successor is appointed or the president removes them from office. They don't answer to local politics at all :dead:
He is a relentless troll, for whatever that is worth.

If you are pro weed then anything this racist fukk utters is bad for the legalization movement.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

so "insert attorney" cockblocks legal weed in legal state" isnt gonna be a huge news story? they dont have the balls :childplease:

what exactly do you think that they're going to do to colorado, for example? lets hear it in your own words. tell me what im supposed to fear about this

@Call Me James feel free to chime in on this too :ehh:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
so "insert attorney" cockblocks legal weed in legal state" isnt gonna be a huge news story? they dont have the balls :childplease:

what exactly do you think that they're going to do to colorado, for example?
the feds have raided pot shops and private residences in colorado and other legal states many times already, you dipshyt. sessions is telling them to increase that activity.

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens

what exactly do you think that they're going to do to colorado, for example? lets hear it in your own words. tell me what im supposed to fear about this

Yes they do.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the feds have raided pot shops and private residences in colorado and other legal states many times already, you dipshyt. sessions is telling them to increase that activity.
yeah, thats really put a dent in colorado's business :mjlol: get the fukk outta here

i guess ive learned from this thread that what i need to do now is hide under my bed and cry. thanks, HL :jaymelo:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we all know the feds are gonna hit some dispensaries :yeshrug: its fukkin bullshyt

in a way, i kinda wish the last president could have mustered more than a "maybe weed isnt as bad as alcohol", being that that's why we voted for him. maybe a "hey america, the majority of you want legalization so i'm going to take steps on a federal level". its hard for me to act like something was taken away from me when obama was such a coward on it and didn't concede shyt

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He instinctively :cape:'s for anything the Trump admin does, dude can't help it, but we should be used to that. :yeshrug:

Hopefully this backfires.
how the fukk am i caping by being critical of it :dead: HL, where "you arent outraged enough" = "support and caping"

and it will backfire. legalization isnt gonna be stopped by the likes of jeff sessions :camby:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

The feds operate outside of state laws. State AGs have no say in whether or not the DEA conducts raids and people are hit with federal charges.