Time for Sessions to Go: Jeff Sessions is ready to unveil the end of cannabis legalization

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
The conundrum Sessions is in is that federal law still says that weed is illegal, and as Attorney General he shouldn't really be cherry-picking what laws to enforce.

The responsibility for this falls on Congress, who has yet to change the federal law.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This could really complicate things here....Friends are in the game, some trying desperately to go legal, some all in illegal, and the shops just opened officially on Monday. I know the main issues to the feds have to be the hundreds of packs coming to the city from up north, and going to all the illegal shops. And the illegal shops themselves, which the City/State can't really stop, because the penalties aren't serious enough, initially, to curb operators just setting up again, like friends of mine.

The 12 legal legal shops are in full compliance, and I doubt feds will go after the, but money laundering/tax evasion, could be. It really throws all of this in a really murky legal place.

The acting US Attorney here, is a Sinaloa Cartel heavy hitter, who is no idiot, or DJT loyalist, but I am sure he sees the same issues I just mentioned. When Duffy was US Attorney they prosecuted this guy for having 2 shops, and a host of other federal charges, who used to sell me and my friends 8ths back in the early 2000's. He got 8 years, so there is knowledge and desire to prosecute, but the Holder/Obama DOJ memo muzzled them.

The local Narcotics Task Force is made up of multiple agencies, including federal, so they have knowledge of what is happening on the ground.

Last edited:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
so "insert attorney" cockblocks legal weed in legal state" isnt gonna be a huge news story? they dont have the balls :childplease:

what exactly do you think that they're going to do to colorado, for example? lets hear it in your own words. tell me what im supposed to fear about this

@Call Me James feel free to chime in on this too :ehh:

Right, because this administration hasn't done anything that has been broadly unpopular, right? :mjgrin:

It's going to complicate things for anyone trying to legally sell weed, and thus complicate things for the industry as a whole. Sessions has made it clear he's hostile towards marijuana, and then does this. Acting like this is nothing to be concerned about is naive.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Weed being legal nation wide would rebuild everything. Roads, bridges, schools..crazy to think these old cacs can't get that through their racist heads. And white people love weed more than anyone.
4 BILLION DOLLARS in California

And that's a conservative estimate....could be even MORE now that the recreational is legal

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right, because this administration hasn't done anything that has been broadly unpopular, right? :mjgrin:

It's going to complicate things for anyone trying to legally sell weed, and thus complicate things for the industry as a whole. Sessions has made it clear he's hostile towards marijuana, and then does this. Acting like this is nothing to be concerned about is naive.
so what are you gonna do about it besides bytching on the coli?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
so what are you gonna do about it besides bytching on the coli?
Ahhh there it is

Yo fam just say you don't give a fukk

But don't poke your chest out like you fully grasp the situation and then get mad when people rightfully shyt on you and show you that you clearly do not

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ahhh there it is

Yo fam just say you don't give a fukk
:mindblown: scroll the fukk up

ive noticed that this is my problem, and (partly :mjgrin:) why you all think im such a huge piece of shyt :dead: isnt it safe to assume that no one who clicked on this thread supports what sessions is doing? that its rhetorical among all of us that this is not a good thing?

so all im doing is trying to assess what degree of effect this is going to have. in this case, while this is of course negative, i cant lie and say that this scared me. at all. but dont confuse that with support. of course i CARE that this regression is happening, but what are my options?

anyway, why dont i just shut the fukk up :mjlol:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I live in NY, where it's not legal yet, so I'll just continue to point out the flaws in posts from people who'd rather troll and shytpost when someone points out the flaws analysis instead of just admitting they were wrong :yeshrug::mjgrin:
well i went out and voted to make sure my state legalized it, so ive already done more than you :jaymad: