TIME: The Kalief Browder Story (6-Part Documentary Series Thread)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Surprisingly I didn't cry this time around. I was more appalled to learn the inner workings of co's and inmates. It's beyond what I've ever thought it could be. The co's are le puppet masters in some ways. I've stated in my earlier posts here that there are other Kalif's. The statistics they dropped were heart breaking, hearing several inmates state they were in prison for not being able to afford a somewhat small bail of somewhere at the cost of $2000 was super sad.

They showed two former inmates who had run ins with Khalif, they watched footage of themselves fighting with him or watching themselves join in with a wolf pack-like jumping as officers did little to properly handle the situation. Adding to the element of being in a old fukking prison where the fukking doors can barely lock properly. I'm interested in finding out about these officers that were part of this fukked up system. Oh how did I forget? They were putting rat poison in the inmates food.

I'm from Chicago, so that tells you I'm from a state of dirty ass politicians. Learning how big of a piece of shyt the praised Giuliani is and that dikkhead Bloomberg is/are/were is disgusting. They turned a blind eye to what was going on in a prison of their damn city. Prisons are state issues but still, they had the power to do something.

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Prisons are state issues but still, they had the power to do something.
Not to nitpick but Rikers Island isn't a state prison facility, the jurisdiction falls under the City of New York, its essentially a county/city jail for our boroughs so this puts the pressure back on city officials even harder because they do have oversight over these facilities and to your overall post.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Not to nitpick but Rikers Island isn't a state prison facility, the jurisdiction falls under the City of New York, its essentially a county/city jail for our boroughs so this puts the pressure back on city officials even harder because they do have oversight over these facilities and to your overall post.
Well then there we go. It's not nitpicking, just a simple error check. I wasn't sure tho. Thanks.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
They showed two former inmates who had run ins with Khalif, they iwatched footage of themselves fighting with him or watching themselves join in with a wolf pack-like jumping as officers did little to properly handle the situation.

The officers were/are so sorry. I know security gaurds at Walmart who can stop the whole altercation with mace. The young men watching it, you can tell they regret it.

I would like to talk about the "townhall meeting" they had on bet.

I understand jay z as a producer but why didn't BET have the Black intellectuals, talking about the real system that failed Kalief.

They didn't have Michelle Alexander or Dr Eric Dyson

. Oh how did I forget? They were putting rat poison in the inmates food.

Imagine how it is for women in jail, it's far worse than rat position.

Women have to deal with gangs, cos and rape from other inmates and the male/female cos.

One woman died in jail because she got pregnant and he The co who raped her, killed her when she was like 2 months.

AkilinaArina

All Star
Daps
Yeah I know some people who knew him. Crazier part is Almost every black male from uptown/Bronx has some kind of story about them being railroaded in some kind of way. The cops out here are so grimey to the point where I wonder if they're even human. They're Psychotics with badges. I remember being in 6th grade and seeing them line up my peers against a fence and search them like criminals - boys in school uniform in broad daylight they were searching, let that sink in. The fukking wild Wild West.