To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
one of them has to be there at 4.

8th overall, if Salaun is there, that's the guy long term who will function with Wemby
Spurs may wait until 8 for a PG if both Dilly and Topic are there at 4. Pistons/Hornets/Blazers already have their PGs of the present/future, so Wright should roll the dice and go another direction for the 4th pick.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Putting aside the rumors that the Spurs might trade a pick or two...
What attribute do you think is most fixable?

The word on Nikola Topic is that he's a great passer but not a great shooter.
The word on Rob Dillingham is that he's a good shooter, but a poor defender.

Would you rather take Topic and hope that they can fix his shooting?
Or do you look at Dillingham and hope that they can fix his defense, or pray that his defense doesn't lose them games?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx

Or do you look at Dillingham and hope that they can fix his defense, or pray that his defense doesn't lose them games?
the shooting. None of your guys are great shooters.

The team's lack of shooting is why y'all apparently are unwilling to get away with Tre Jones starting.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

I was a big Topic fan early on but I have him behind Sheppard and Dillingham. When I watch his film his passing Is good but he isn't athletic and he's not good defensively. Plus he's a euro guard and outside of Luka, those guys don't really dominate at the NBA level.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was a big Topic fan early on but I have him behind Sheppard and Dillingham. When I watch his film his passing Is good but he isn't athletic and he's not good defensively. Plus he's a euro guard and outside of Luka, those guys don't really dominate at the NBA level.
I googled his scouting report and while NBA Draft Room might not be the best, here's what they wrote about him:

Comparisons​

• rich man’s Goran Dragic
:huhldup:

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
I googled his scouting report and while NBA Draft Room might not be the best, here's what they wrote about him:

Comparisons​

• rich man’s Goran Dragic
:huhldup:
Idk a rich man's Goran Dragic sounds like a fukking hooper lol

Dragic was nice

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Spurs absolutely need a passer and someone who can be a floor general type player. Sochan at point was a failure, one bc Sochan will never be that guy and two, because there was no other point guard on the roster or on the coaching staff that could mentor him like that. At some point, the spurs will have to realize that Sochan's not a shooting threat and make him a bench glue guy (similar to what Kyle Anderson was on the 2022 grizzles, or what he is now on the 2024 Timberwolves).

1. Get an actual point guard, not a guard that can handle the ball here and there - i still think trae young should be taken if available. If not him, still gotta make sure Wright gets someone who can fill that role. Don't come into next season with Tre Jones as your only point guard

2. get more shooting - i'd take Risacher if he's still available at 4, or Reed Sheppard at 8. Also, use assets to facilitate a trade to get some 3&D wings on the team. No one wants to use assets for established players for some reason. For example, Mikal Bridges is off the table due to BKN's stupidity, but what about Dorian Finney Smith, or Cam Johnson? Grant Williams might be someone to look at as well, even tho he gets on everyone's nerves apparently :manny:

3. Establish a veteran presence - put vets on the roster, similar to what the Houston Rockets did. Everyone knocks the Fred VanVleet contract, but his last year is a team option and everything lines up so they can stop paying FVV if need be, and start spending on their young guys. Getting Silas and Kevin Porter Jr's clown ass outta town and replacing them with guys like FVV, Jeff Green, Reggie Bullock, and Udoka did wonders for the franchise. Playing AAU ball in the NBA for 2 years wasn't development. For example, PJ Tucker would be a great target for vet presence (he clearly shouldn't be playing rotation minutes)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Love it. Hawks getting the #1 pick is some fukkery tho. Wonder if this changes their mindset about moving Trae/DJ. Might not bode well for our 25 pick
You'll have Chicago's pick in the late lottery or mid 1st round anyway. Spurs have a perfect storm of picks coming in to shape the roster around a generational talent in Wemby

:mjlol: