To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Putting aside the rumors that the Spurs might trade a pick or two...
What attribute do you think is most fixable?

The word on Nikola Topic is that he's a great passer but not a great shooter.
The word on Rob Dillingham is that he's a good shooter, but a poor defender.

Would you rather take Topic and hope that they can fix his shooting?
Or do you look at Dillingham and hope that they can fix his defense, or pray that his defense doesn't lose them games?
If Chip Engelland ain't on the staff, then I don't want anybody with a jumper that needs to be rebuilt. Wemby is basically two defenders in one, so focus on offense here. People talking about Dilly being 6'1", but TP and Kyrie are both 6'2" and have held up fine.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
You'll have Chicago's pick in the late lottery or mid 1st round anyway. Spurs have a perfect storm of picks coming in to shape the roster around a generational talent in Wemby

:mjlol:
Top 10 protected I think, so just have to hope Chicago doesn't bottom out. Toronto tried their hardest to keep their pick this year, and I could see Chicago flipping DeRozan or Vuc somewhere if things start slow and Lonzo is nowhere close to returning.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Top 10 protected I think, so just have to hope Chicago doesn't bottom out. Toronto tried their hardest to keep their pick this year, and I could see Chicago flipping DeRozan or Vuc somewhere if things start slow and Lonzo is nowhere close to returning.
The Bulls GM wants to retain DeMar, Vuc has no trade market and LaVine's options are limited to say the least.

Chicago has had golden opportunities in the last 2 seasons to reset their own table and draft capital inventory, but have instead held on to guys far too long. I can see them fukking around and losing the pick just like Toronto because they will not commit to getting a top 10 pick...

For perspective: This organization didn't bottom out last year in a RICH draft with a generational talent at the top of it. Mid December last season, the Bulls were 11-18, they knew Lonzo was done for the season. All of their best players were playing, and they still fukking sucked. Team could have EASILY pivoted and tried to get picks even with them owing Orlando a lottery pick. They had a younger DeMar, LaVine before a season ending injury, Vuc before he shot under 30% from 3... Caruso, Drummond etc... to move LAST year and just.did.nothing...

This season even with their pick, they started the season 5-14 and were at complete rock bottom. And didn't trade anyone. I'm not saying this rock head won't finally get the point that this team needs major changes to be set up for the future, I'm just saying I'll have to wait and see.

In my head, I'm already chalking up that 2025 pick as a Spurs selection.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Bulls GM wants to retain DeMar, Vuc has no trade market and LaVine's options are limited to say the least.

Chicago has had golden opportunities in the last 2 seasons to reset their own table and draft capital inventory, but have instead held on to guys far too long. I can see them fukking around and losing the pick just like Toronto because they will not commit to getting a top 10 pick...

For perspective: This organization didn't bottom out last year in a RICH draft with a generational talent at the top of it. Mid December last season, the Bulls were 11-18, they knew Lonzo was done for the season. All of their best players were playing, and they still fukking sucked. Team could have EASILY pivoted and tried to get picks even with them owing Orlando a lottery pick. They had a younger DeMar, LaVine before a season ending injury, Vuc before he shot under 30% from 3... Caruso, Drummond etc... to move LAST year and just.did.nothing...

This season even with their pick, they started the season 5-14 and were at complete rock bottom. And didn't trade anyone. I'm not saying this rock head won't finally get the point that this team needs major changes to be set up for the future, I'm just saying I'll have to wait and see.

In my head, I'm already chalking up that 2025 pick as a Spurs selection.
See...

:francis:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Might be good news, but I know he’s been at the top of a bunch a’ Spurs breh’s lists.

We worried about injury prone’ness yet? Don’t need another star player with chronic knee issues.

:hubie:

Lots of concern here.

My initial thought is...high risk, high reward with Topic now.

I'm not sure the Spurs can afford to take that risk. Wemby is already that super high ceiling player. They need higher floor guys.

Maybe if his workouts are amazing I will feel differently.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So many mock drafts have the Spurs taking Dillingham, Topic....and some mocks have the Spurs taking them both at #4 and #8.

Anyone can make a silly mock draft list on the internet but it's unlikely they're ALL way off. Especially when it comes to lottery picks. The first 5 or so picks tend to center around the same few guys.

#4 probably has to be Dillingham. He probably makes the Spurs offense more dynamic.
Nikola Topic feels more like a deliberate, slower, half court kind of player. I worry about a guy who couldn't separate himself athletically in Europe, when the NBA has much better athletes.