Too Many Americans Will Never Be Able to Retire

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Too many Americans don't know the basics of saving and investing money :manny:

Too many Americans want to blame others for the things they are responsible for (their own life)
A penny saved, is a penny earned.:jawalrus:
A penny saved is inflation dependent, so just holding it is to lose some of that penny. I remember hearing about saving money, but never about investing. Sure people would gamble on stocks trying to short sell, but nothing about bonds, index and mutual funds, etc. I have been lead astray, as have many others.

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
We can always force it :demonic:

If weed can be decriminalized, it's only a matter of time before free tuition becomes a reality.
A penny saved is inflation dependent, so just holding it is to lose some of that penny. I remember hearing about saving money, but never about investing. Sure people would gamble on stocks trying to short sell, but nothing about bonds, index and mutual funds, etc. I have been lead astray, as have many others.

Holding onto it is still better than spending it, or buying a depreciating asset.

Its also your responsibility to get educated on ways to invest your money. Not just stock and mutual funds but real estate, owning a business etc.

@Wild self You are not entitled to anything from anyone except your parents.:ufdup:

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Over a 30 year period over $1,000,000 will flow through most peoples hands assuming you make atleast 30k.

How will you spend it? On dumb shyt or carefully?

Do you buy starbucks? Make your own coffee

Do you buy fast food? Learn to cook at home

Buy in bulk

Avoid movie theaters and wait till it comes out on Netflix

Etc etc

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Theres no need to get that complicated. Once you have an emergency fund plug the rest into an S&P 500 index fund. If your company has 401K matching take advantage of it. Figure out how to minimize your exposure to fees. Then maybe once you're like 50 or w/e reassess your risk appetite. Once you set it up it's mostly automatic. Investing has never been easier or cheaper.

Imhotep2

Superstar
Daps
If you dont have enough money saved for retirement, outside of being wiped out by a medical debt...then it's your fault :yeshrug:

The majority of Americans are fukking stupid with their money and dont think about retirement until it's right around the corner and it's too late. They buy depreciating items their entire lives and other worthless materialistic shyt that wont help them in order to show off to others, meanwhile saving, investing, and paying off debts is a foreign concept. I see it now with peers in their 20s and 30s. I tell them to save for retirement as opposed to buying dumb shyt, and some of these fools tell me "tomorrow isn't promised :yeshrug:", "I want to enjoy my money when I'm young, not when I am an old decrepit nikka :hhh:"

If you are born post 1980, you have no excuse not to save for retirement. You have all the knowledge that mankind has created in the palms of your hands, stop keeping up with the joneses and trying to live a fake life and start budgeting and saving.

A 30 year old single breh who makes an average of just $45,000 over the course of his working life, if he puts aside 8-10% of his GROSS income into an index fund at an extremely conservative rate of 9% return over the course of 35 years (age 30-65), he would have a little over $1 million dollars by the time he is 65. If he has an employer who matches 3-5% towards his 401k that could be better since he is getting free money. Or open a roth IRA and max it out every year. If he has a home that is paid off and no other bills then he should be set. This is only if the breh just worked for his entire life and didnt make any other investing moves (real estate, mutual funds, etc.). Don't nut in bytches you arent planning on living with or raising a family with, try to stay as healthy as you possibly can, budget your money, live within your means, save for retirement, all tangible and realistic things that can be done.

Meanwhile you have fools in here hoping there will be a french revolution :mjlol:

Anything to prevent you from using common sense :francis:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Over a 30 year period over $1,000,000 will flow through most peoples hands assuming you make atleast 30k.

How will you spend it? On dumb shyt or carefully?

Do you buy starbucks? Make your own coffee

Do you buy fast food? Learn to cook at home

Buy in bulk

Avoid movie theaters and wait till it comes out on Netflix

Etc etc

:ufdup: at the bolded...

I love the movies. :wow:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Theres no need to get that complicated. Once you have an emergency fund plug the rest into an S&P 500 index fund. If your company has 401K matching take advantage of it. Figure out how to minimize your exposure to fees. Then maybe once you're like 50 or w/e reassess your risk appetite. Once you set it up it's mostly automatic. Investing has never been easier or cheaper.

tenor.png

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
I’m starting to see what @Wild self is predicting about an upcoming revolt.

French Revolution 3.0 is coming
Aint none of you gon do shyt, times have changed, people dont have the stamina to protest and revolt like that anymore, this especially in Western culture. All they will do is Bring Jordan outta retirement, redo season 8 of GOT, drop another Marvel flick, new iphone and yawwwl will forget bout revolting in a flash. These people smarter than you think

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
If you dont have enough money saved for retirement, outside of being wiped out by a medical debt...then it's your fault :yeshrug:

The majority of Americans are fukking stupid with their money and dont think about retirement until it's right around the corner and it's too late. They buy depreciating items their entire lives and other worthless materialistic shyt that wont help them in order to show off to others, meanwhile saving, investing, and paying off debts is a foreign concept. I see it now with peers in their 20s and 30s. I tell them to save for retirement as opposed to buying dumb shyt, and some of these fools tell me "tomorrow isn't promised :yeshrug:", "I want to enjoy my money when I'm young, not when I am an old decrepit nikka :hhh:"

If you are born post 1980, you have no excuse not to save for retirement. You have all the knowledge that mankind has created in the palms of your hands, stop keeping up with the joneses and trying to live a fake life and start budgeting and saving.

A 30 year old single breh who makes an average of just $45,000 over the course of his working life, if he puts aside 8-10% of his GROSS income into an index fund at an extremely conservative rate of 9% return over the course of 35 years (age 30-65), he would have a little over $1 million dollars by the time he is 65. If he has an employer who matches 3-5% towards his 401k that could be better since he is getting free money. Or open a roth IRA and max it out every year. If he has a home that is paid off and no other bills then he should be set. This is only if the breh just worked for his entire life and didnt make any other investing moves (real estate, mutual funds, etc.). Don't nut in bytches you arent planning on living with or raising a family with, try to stay as healthy as you possibly can, budget your money, live within your means, save for retirement, all tangible and realistic things that can be done.

Meanwhile you have fools in here hoping there will be a french revolution :mjlol:

Anything to prevent you from using common sense :francis:

:lawd:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea no need to tell me, bruh. Im hip to all of that, but my issue is I had to dig specifically for this info. Sure its easy to find, but its really not taught commonly so people miss out on easy investment vehicles because when people think of investments, they think of stock trading, housing, or volatile collectibles when there is so much more out there. Whats worse is we have been in a decade long bull run and while people are going to learn investing now, I fear the ass will fall out of the market, people will lose value, and it will be back to square one of people being scared to invest because they dont trust the cyclical nature of investing.