Top 10 NBA Player List: #1 of all-time [GOAT]

Who is the GOAT (1st) greatest player ever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Inspired by my man @BmoreGorilla who did this sort of thing for hip-hop MCs in The Booth. I thought I could apply that same concept to here since we're always discussing GOATs in the NBA and what have you, especially in light of LeBron furthering his legacy by winning a championship for Cleveland.

So we just did the threads to determine the no's. 7, 8, 9 & 10 in our top 10 OAT. So far, we got:

10. Kobe Bryant
9. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquille O'Neal

7. Larry Bird
6. Bill Russell
5. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Magic Johnson

3. LeBron James

Here we are...the final 2.

MJ-Kareem.jpg

--------------------------------------------

I will now go about establishing an order from 2-1. Today we are voting for the 1st greatest player of all-time. YOU GET ONE VOTE.

Remember, this is the 1st best player, so for the first time we are voting for the GOAT himself, NOT the second best.

This poll will only be open for 72 hours so get your votes in ASAP.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
@CHICAGO @houston911

at the very least sticky this final thread plz

--------------------------------

if you guys want me to continue rankings from like 11-50 down the line, let me know in the comments. I remember one or two people expressing interest in me continuing this series.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's so unfair to compare a guard to a center. Jordan was undoubtedly the greatest 2 guard ever but he can't over take Kareem as the GOAT, Kareem won at all levels(high school, college, NBA) and he dominated the NBA 80's golden era of basketball. I think it's testament to Kareem that no player has ever replicated the Sky-Hook at even 60% as well as Kareem.

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's so unfair to compare a guard to a center. Jordan was undoubtedly the greatest 2 guard ever but he can't over take Kareem as the GOAT, Kareem won at all levels(high school, college, NBA) and he dominated the NBA 80's golden era of basketball. I think it's testament to Kareem that no player has ever replicated the Sky-Hook at even 60% as well as Kareem.

MJ averaged a triple double in high-school, also won an NCAA championship, has 6 NBA chips and has 2 Olympic golds. MJ dominated half the 80's and almost the entire 90's as well.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
fukk.. you been doing it the other way allalong.. my vote was TRUMPED

I wrote GOAT clearly in bigger font so people could see this thread would mark a change of plans

but I was also trying to catch people out so my true GOAT could get some votes
:shaq:

not that it'll matter
:mjcry:

I just thought for the last thread it'd be a nice change to vote for the person you want since there are two left, rather than eliminating the one you don't want

MJ finally getting votes lol
:mjlol:

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
MJ averaged a triple double in high-school, also won an NCAA championship, has 6 NBA chips and has 2 Olympic golds. MJ dominated half the 80's and almost the entire 90's as well.

Kareem won 3 NCAA titles

also has 6 chips

Kareem dominated much of the 70s too

it's very equal tbh

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine
I'm biased cause Kareem is my all time favorite period and for him to battle a legend like wilt as a youngster and wilt still being good and even in his late 30s to dominate the 85 finals and even at 40 in 88 to average 24 points a game in the finals was amazing against the young pistons....

Plus the college dominance where they change the rule that u couldn't dunk because of him dunking on those racist white teams for a season or two

Then high school dominance..

But I give Jordan a split decision win

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
KAJ is a great role model to me and one of my favorite players

but I'm at peace with him being 2nd place :obama:

because every interview i've read from him he gives off the impression that he had no overwhelming passion devoted soley to basketball

it seems that he was just an extremely talented, bright and hard working individual who happened to grow to be 7 foot tall so he pursued basketball

I was going to ask Kareem about Kobe Bryant’s last season, players he loves to watch today, and what he thinks of the Golden State Warriors style of ball. But those questions went out the window, because his eyes only lit up when the conversation strayed from sports.

MJ is the opposite and his goal was to become the GOAT, he pretty much willed himself to become the best and thats something that he deserves credit for

seeing MJ accomplish what he accomplished, how dominant he was, the amount of records he broke,

6 rings with 6fmvp

5 mvps

MVP and defensive player of the year same year

10 scoring titles, 7 in a row

avged 30ppg over his entire year including the Wizards season

avged 33ppg in post season (highest)

avged 41 ppg in the finals

Had a 50 pt game at 38 years old

had three 40 pt games at 40 years old

he had a game where he ended up singlehandedly outscored the other teams starting 5 :wow:

the fact that he pretty much made the NBA what as popular as it is today, and the influence he still has there's no argument who the GOAT is :wow: :salute:

Last edited:

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No doubt, Jordans a beast, but he in no way dominated high school or college level the way Kareem did or single handedly turn around a NBA franchise in his first season. It's why you build franchises around big men....

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
KAJ is a great role model to me and one of my favorite players

but I'm at peace with him being 2nd place :obama:

because every interview i've read from him he gives off the impression that he had no overwhelming passion devoted soley to basketball

it seems that he was just an extremely talented, bright and hard working individual who happened to grow to be 7 foot tall so he pursued basketball

MJ is the opposite and his goal was to become the GOAT, he pretty much willed himself to become the best and thats something that he deserves credit for

seeing MJ accomplish what he accomplished, how dominant he was, the amount of records he broke,

6 rings with 6fmvp

5 mvps

MVP and defensive player of the year same year

10 scoring titles, 7 in a row

avged 30ppg over his entire year including the Wizards season

avged 33ppg in post season (highest)

avged 41 ppg in the finals

Had a 50 pt game at 38 years old

had three 40 pt games at 40 years old

he had a game where he ended up singlehandedly outscored the other teams starting 5 :wow:

the fact that he pretty much made the NBA what as popular as it is today, and the influence he still has there's no argument who the GOAT is :wow: :salute:

Great post.

I don't believe the motivation stuff should factor in unless it somehow correlates to Jordan's greater basketball focus resulting in a better career. I'm sure, for example, that Garnett (idk) was more motivated in basketball than KAJ but KAJ is just more talented. It could be a case that KAJ is just better than MJ too.

Stats wise they're both pretty similar, excelling in slightly different areas but then you have to remember that KAJ played about 5 more seasons or something, so his TOTAL stats will be higher in most departments. That said maybe he should be rewarded for his longevity as well, and I'd say he played slightly better in the tail end of his career than Jordan did, and arguably in the rookie year and first few seasons. It's the prime years that are up for debate imo.

And then factoring in their teammates. KAJ had better teammates I think, but people also underestimate Pippen's value to MJ's teams.