Top 10 NBA Player List: #8 of all-time

Who is the EIGTH (8th) greatest player of all-time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Inspired by my man @BmoreGorilla who did this sort of thing for hip-hop MCs in The Booth. I thought I could apply that same concept to here since we're always discussing GOATs in the NBA and what have you, especially in light of LeBron furthering his legacy by winning a championship for Cleveland.

So we just did the threads to determine the no. 9 & 10 in our top 10 OAT. So far, we got:

10. Kobe Bryant
9. Tim Duncan

--------------------------------------------

I will now go about establishing an order from 8-1. Today we are voting for the 8th greatest player of all-time. YOU GET ONE VOTE.

Remember, this is the 8th best player, not the best player so vote on who you think is the worst from amongst this list effectively.

This poll will only be open for 72 hours so get your votes in ASAP.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Didnt pick MJ this time :whew:

timmy-gsgdsg.0.gif

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
It's hard to say because I didn't see either Russell or Bird play (born in '89) but most championships of any player is difficult to argue no matter how weak the league was way back then.

Yeah I bring this up because the consensus has been for a while that it's a MJ/Bird/Magic top 3, until Bron blasted his way into conversation and people wised up about Kareem too lol

Shaq over Tim Duncan :francis:

IMO LeBron aint passed Timmy yet either

Tim>>>>>Bird too :patrice:

we're gonna get a lot of Timmy complaints this round like Bryant last round, that's how it is
:yeshrug:

but I wish Duncan stayed longer tbh

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Let me be clear, Shaq definitely deserves to be on this list. But be honest, doesn't he stick out as the one person who you felt could've done more. Granted, it's hard for me to compare Shaq to Wilt or Russell (or even some of these 80s guys) because I wasn't really watching ball like that then or I just didn't have the opportunity. But I definitely saw Shaq and he's one guy that was at the top of my list of players who underachieved--along with guys like Webber and Sheed. Sure, he was dominant if not the most dominant player ever. But I just feel he never sustained that dominance throughout his career. There's no reason he shouldn't have double the rings he has or more MVPs. The fact that he would routinely come into seasons fat and out of shape shows he was not dedicated to being the best. I know it sounds like I'm shytting on Shaq. But we're at that point where you have to decide what separates these elite players from each other. And for me, Shaq's apparent lack of desire to be the best ever is what's making me think he shouldn't be ranked any higher than the guys remaining.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Let me be clear, Shaq definitely deserves to be on this list. But be honest, doesn't he stick out as the one person who you felt could've done more. Granted, it's hard for me to compare Shaq to Wilt or Russell (or even some of these 80s guys) because I wasn't really watching ball like that then or I just didn't have the opportunity. But I definitely saw Shaq and he's one guy that was at the top of my list of players who underachieved--along with guys like Webber and Sheed. Sure, he was dominant if not the most dominant player ever. But I just feel he never sustained that dominance throughout his career. There's no reason he shouldn't have double the rings he has or more MVPs. The fact that he would routinely come into seasons fat and out of shape shows he was not dedicated to being the best. I know it sounds like I'm shytting on Shaq. But we're at that point where you have to decide what separates these elite players from each other. And for me, Shaq's apparent lack of desire to be the best ever is what's making me think he shouldn't be ranked any higher than the guys remaining.

Shaq did enough imo. He was dominant for the first 10 years of his career and naturally started to tail off but still remained effective through 08/09 in Phoenix.