Top 100 Marvel Character Popularity Poll

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
It's a fan poll, They asked nikkas and these were the results.
So all the ones where its character A/B/C all just happened to get the same number of votes breh???? Why arent they in order??? Who voted on this shyt??? Wouldnt nobody that actually reads comics & is a "fan" go wit this list... at least in the US... Captain Britain right above Deadpool... LOL...

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Top ten marvel in terms of popularity would look more like this:

10) Juggernaut
9) Punisher
8) Deadpool
7) Torch
6) Captain A
5) Ironman
4) Dr Doom
3) Hulk
2) Wolvie
1) Spidey

The only criteria I am using is basically the likelyhood someone will pick up or buy a comic they weren't going to pick up otherwise just because it has a cameo of this marvel character on the cover. Thats why characters like Spiderman & Wolverine are the Nate Dogg and T-Pain of Marvel. They are featured in everything. Same with Hulk or Doom. Cause featuring them moves units.

Psylocke and Elektra actually have more selling power than Storm I think. Storm is really used defacto for instant diversity on Marvel marketing cause she counts as a woman and a black person. But they feature Psylocke and Elektra in a ton more cameos cause those skimpy costumes move units. Storm is popular in a dignified proud sort of way like Michelle Obama but Psylocke is doing Beyonce numbers cause she is checking all the cool boxes with the female ninja slut gimmick.

Some of the characters on that list OP posted are decent interesting characters, like Collosus' sister Magik at (#17) but if somebody wasnt already gonna read Jubilee issue whatever, no way they are like "Hey look, Magik is in it" :stopitslime: She just doesn't have fan draw like that. So to have her at #17 and somebody like Apocalypse at #100 is just ridiculous. Most ppl would pick up that Jubilee comic if they saw Apocalypse on the cover way faster than half the other people on that list. And thats what popularity is really... Interest and familiarity.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Top ten marvel in terms of popularity would look more like this:

10) Juggernaut
9) Punisher
8) Deadpool
7) Torch
6) Captain A
5) Ironman
4) Dr Doom
3) Hulk
2) Wolvie
1) Spidey

The only criteria I am using is basically the likelyhood someone will pick up or buy a comic they weren't going to pick up otherwise just because it has a cameo of this marvel character on the cover. Thats why characters like Spiderman & Wolverine are the Nate Dogg and T-Pain of Marvel. They are featured in everything. Same with Hulk or Doom. Cause featuring them moves units.

Psylocke and Elektra actually have more selling power than Storm I think. Storm is really used defacto for instant diversity on Marvel marketing cause she counts as a woman and a black person. But they feature Psylocke and Elektra in a ton more cameos cause those skimpy costumes move units. Storm is popular in a dignified proud sort of way like Michelle Obama but Psylocke is doing Beyonce numbers cause she is checking all the cool boxes with the female ninja slut gimmick.

Some of the characters on that list OP posted are decent interesting characters, like Collosus' sister Magik at (#17) but if somebody wasnt already gonna read Jubilee issue whatever, no way they are like "Hey look, Magik is in it" :stopitslime: She just doesn't have fan draw like that. So to have her at #17 and somebody like Apocalypse at #100 is just ridiculous. Most ppl would pick up that Jubilee comic if they saw Apocalypse on the cover way faster than half the other people on that list. And thats what popularity is really... Interest and familiarity.

They polled fans who go to their website tho. And comicbook resources isn't exactly a site that anyone who's not familiar with comics is going to on a whim. These are hardcore fans

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
They polled fans who go to their website tho. And comicbook resources isn't exactly a site that anyone who's not familiar with comics is going to on a whim. These are hardcore fans

No hardcore comic fan would have Meggan over the Human Torch. :francis:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No hardcore comic fan would have Meggan over the Human Torch. :francis:

But they did:whoknows: I'm not arguing with you on who's the better character at all and I know how this list were look if it were for me, but this isn't exactly a buzzfeed list where they got a bunch of people voting who don't read comics. The x men books sell so it's no surprise to me that they basically occupy the top spots on the list. No surprise at all. The FF books have had problems selling over the past few years and don't make a dent.

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
But they did:whoknows: I'm not arguing with you on who's the better character at all and I know how this list were look if it were for me, but this isn't exactly a buzzfeed list where they got a bunch of people voting who don't read comics. The x men books sell so it's no surprise to me that they basically occupy the top spots on the list. No surprise at all. The FF books have had problems selling over the past few years and don't make a dent.

Its not even close tho.
If you take a generic new character and print an issue where Human Torch features then print one where Meggan features... that second one is collecting sooo much dust lol

My beef is with the title. They should of called it Comic Resources' 100 Favorites or something... but Marvel's 100 most popular :dead:
Moon Knight is 25 spots more popular than Venom :mjlol:

You get a lil kid a Moon Knight comic for christmas I bet they tear up like you got them socks and deodorant:lolbron:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Its not even close tho.
If you take a generic new character and print an issue where Human Torch features then print one where Meggan features... that second one is collecting sooo much dust lol

My beef is with the title. They should of called it Comic Resources' 100 Favorites or something... but Marvel's 100 most popular :dead:
Moon Knight is 25 spots more popular than Venom :mjlol:

You get a lil kid a Moon Knight comic for christmas I bet they tear up like you got them socks and deodorant:lolbron:

Breh...I hear you. BUT these were voted on. Regardless of what we may feel true popularity is, these were votes. So these are the most popular based on how the voters felt. 1200 voters made decisions, these are the results. This isn't about going up to the average fan on the street, it's what their readers on their site felt.

We can argue all day about whether we agree with the voters, but the numbers are what they are

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Breh...I hear you. BUT these were voted on. Regardless of what we may feel true popularity is, these were votes. So these are the most popular based on how the voters felt. 1200 voters made decisions, these are the results. This isn't about going up to the average fan on the street, it's what their readers on their site felt.

We can argue all day about whether we agree with the voters, but the numbers are what they are
Not arguing. I was just making fun of the list cause its absurd to me.
Surprised Squirrel Girl isn't even on it at all. She is the fastest rising Marvel star in a decade (since Deadpool).

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not arguing. I was just making fun of the list cause its absurd to me.
Surprised Squirrel Girl isn't even on it at all. She is the fastest rising Marvel star in a decade (since Deadpool).

Yeah that is odd. But it's like I said to @Dillah810 a lot of popularity has to be put in perspective. She's popular yeah but when compared to characters who've been around for like 30+ years, it doesn't even out

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Yeah that is odd. But it's like I said to @Dillah810 a lot of popularity has to be put in perspective. She's popular yeah but when compared to characters who've been around for like 30+ years, it doesn't even out

Yeah, if the chars on the list were all old... but thats what I mean, the list makes no sense. They have characters like Pixie (#84) who came out a decade after her... but no Squirrel Girl... but then Pixie is leaps and bounds ahead of Galactus, etc.

I could respect it if it resembled a hardcore fan list, but it is missing ppl that actual comic enthusiasts would include (like Beak, Whistler, Franklyn Richards, Blink, Nocturne, Alex Wilder, Speedball, Hope Summers, Longshot...) so its not like its an obscure or elitist list... its just... ugh. :scust:
They even have some garbage clone chars on there (Dakken... X23...)

This list is Fred Dukes toilet paper.
:pachaha:I can't stop laughing at it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, if the chars on the list were all old... but thats what I mean, the list makes no sense. They have characters like Pixie (#84) who came out a decade after her... but no Squirrel Girl... but then Pixie is leaps and bounds ahead of Galactus, etc.

I could respect it if it resembled a hardcore fan list, but it is missing ppl that actual comic enthusiasts would include (like Beak, Whistler, Franklyn Richards, Blink, Nocturne, Alex Wilder, Speedball, Hope Summers, Longshot...) so its not like its an obscure or elitist list... its just... ugh. :scust:
They even have some garbage clone chars on there (Dakken... X23...)

This list is Fred Dukes toilet paper.
:pachaha:I can't stop laughing at it.

My man is number one so truthfully I got nothing to complain about. Respect the king

Daps
Reppin
St louis
scust at the hulk not being top 5.
wat6rr.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looks like a list polling comic enthusiasts more so than the general public.

But still, :blessed: at 12 of the top 20 characters being X-men.
Series has it all-- action, love triangles, suspense, GOAT characters from all walks of life. :wow:

The late 70's and early 80's x-men had some of the GOAT stories (Proteus, Dark Phoenix Saga, Days of Future Past, God Loves Man Kills, Frank Milller Wolverine). The rest of the 80's and 90's had no shortage of fan favorite stories and characters as well (Mutant Massacre, Mutant Genesis, Age of Apocalypse), and the cartoons, video games, etc >>>>>

Cyclops in the top 10 :banderas:
It's a doggone shame Marvel is so set on only pushing what it has the movie rights to. (We see how it's working out for them though, with Iron Man barely making the top 20 :youngsabo:) Kids these days won't even know what they're missing :mjcry:

Now if Fox can just swallow their pride and make some x-men movies about the actual x-men instead of just pushing any random character that's played by somebody (or Wolverine for the millionth time) then we'll be getting places.