Top 100 Marvel Character Popularity Poll

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
But ignoring something in continuity makes no sense to me breh. I could ignore that they retconned his marriage all day long but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Peter Parker is just as famous as spider man. Just like Bruce Wayne and batman even though Bruce isn't the only one to have worn the cowl. He's still batman to the public at large.

I'm not sure you get the irony of that though.
You don't understand ignoring something in continuity...? Okay, that fine. But what happens when the next arc puts into continuity that the previous continuity is no longer continuity.

Novelty is not a good enough reason for precedence. Meaning, the newest of two things is not correct simply by being newer.

There are people that would tell me cable is in story arcs that happened years before his character was created.
Or people that believe Vulcan (created in 2006) was part of missions with the original X-Men in comics from the 1960's.

I hear way too often that Catwoman was never a prostitute and Mad Hatter was never a pedophile and Superman didn't used to spank Lois, simply cause its no longer okay for any of those things to be true. But believing rewritten works of history when you can look at the original works is no different than reading from those new textbooks that try and convince you that slavery was benificial to slaves and the slaves were happy.

There is a word for the idea that something done cannot be undone.

fait ac·com·pli
[ˌfed əkämˈplē, ˌfād əkämˈplē]
NOUN
  1. a thing that has already happened or been decided before those affected hear about it, leaving them with no option but to accept:

Without a good grasp of this there is no point to being a comic fan.
To let people in 2015 tell you 50 years of things they had no involvement in never happened is silly to me.
But I know alot of ppl merely accept anything new that is written... so to each his own.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
ok breh...

1. Marvel #1 isn't The Human Torch's first cameo its his first appearance period and soon after he became one of the first super heroes to get a solo book. His appearin Marvel Mysterious don't count as cameos.

2. The Human Torch was extremely popular during 40s -50s

3. @R=G was talking about Johnny Storm and the CBR list was clearly talking about Johnny Storm hence the * by The Human Torch

4. The Human Torch isn't a buy in character because there's no legacy connection between Jim and Johnny which is why your robin analogy doesn't work, especially since they both operated as The Human Torch at the same time. One will always be more popular than the other.

1) didnt say it was. if u are gonna hop in go back and read what was said.
Its his first appearance and also he is the first character to cameo. Two seperate points.

2) k never said he wasnt

3) Johnny Storm was not a success, but a relaunch of something already successful. He didnt do or earn anything. Its like giving Kyle Rayner credit for the success of Green Lantern as though Hal Jordan and Alan Scott never happened. Its an established working brand.

4) Legacy is in the marketing, not the story. You are wrapped up in the kayfabe and don't get the PR. He was marketed as Human Torch because it was an extremely sucessful brand and capitalized on the brand recognition thereof. The fans of the Human Torch (Hammond) picked up Fan-4 stuff do to brand loyalty. Relaunches were common due to the amount of early comic acquisitions at the time.

This stuff has all been written about. Its historic important stuff thats well documented in all the books about the origins of Marvel comics because its considered a pinnacle point in the Golden Age of comics.

:mjlol:@ Magik being above Doom, Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Punisher, Namor, Panther and Galactus

Thats what I said. :mjlol:And I actually like Illyana... she is awesome in Exiles.
but that list is straight :trash:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those interested, there's a new list at ComicBookResources of the top 100 Marvel and DC characters (top 50 characters each), and they've been counting down the results.

Top 100 Marvel and DC Characters Archives - Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources

I'll post the results we've got so far for Marvel characters:

50. Galactus
49. Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
48. Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
47. Squirrel Girl
46. Colossus
45. Vision
44. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
43. Sub-Mariner (Namor)
42. Magik
41. Ant-Man (Hank Pym)
40. Venom (Eddie Brock)
39. Invisible Woman
38. Psylocke
37. Nova (Richard Rider)
36. Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
35. Mr. Fantastic
34. Scarlet Witch
33. Beast
32. Loki
31. Iron Fist
30. Black Widow
29. Rogue
28. Emma Frost
27. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
26. Thanos
25. Gambit
24. Moon Knight
23. Punisher
22. Black Panther (T'Challa)
21. Silver Surfer
20. Jean Grey
19. Dr. Strange
18. She-Hulk
17. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
16. Nightcrawler
15. Kitty Pryde
14. Hawkeye
13. Storm
12. Deadpool
11. The Thing
10. Cyclops
9. Iron Man
8. Hulk
7. Thor

#6-1 haven't been revealed yet.

They'll probably be Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Captain America, Wolverine, and Spider-man (Peter Parker).

:salute: for X-men taking up 13 of the top 50 spots, and probably 15 spots total once Wolverine and Magneto are announced (:mjlol: @ at the thought of them not making it in the top 5-6 characters) That would bring it up to 8 X-men characters out of the top 25 characters in total, and 3 spots out of the top 10 characters (Cyclops, Wolverine, and Magneto).

* Colossus (46th)
* Magik (42nd)
* Psylocke (38th)
* Beast (33rd)
* Rogue (29th)
* Emma Frost (28th)
* Gambit (25th)
* Jean Grey (20th)
* Nightcrawler (16th)
* Kitty Pryde (15th)
* Storm (13th)
* Deadpool (12th)
* Cyclops (10th)
* Wolverine (?, but you know he's gonna be top 5)
* Magneto (?, but you know he's gonna be there too)

Last edited:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
For those interested, there's a new list at ComicBookResources of the top 100 Marvel and DC characters (top 50 characters each), and they've been counting down the results.

Top 100 Marvel and DC Characters Archives - Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources

I'll post the results we've got so far for Marvel characters:

50. Galactus
49. Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
48. Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
47. Squirrel Girl
46. Colossus
45. Vision
44. Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
43. Sub-Mariner (Namor)
42. Magik
41. Ant-Man (Hank Pym)
40. Venom (Eddie Brock)
39. Invisible Woman
38. Psylocke
37. Nova (Richard Rider)
36. Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
35. Mr. Fantastic
34. Scarlet Witch
33. Beast
32. Loki
31. Iron Fist
30. Black Widow
29. Rogue
28. Emma Frost
27. Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)
26. Thanos
25. Gambit
24. Moon Knight
23. Punisher
22. Black Panther (T'Challa)
21. Silver Surfer
20. Jean Grey
19. Dr. Strange
18. She-Hulk
17. Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
16. Nightcrawler
15. Kitty Pryde
14. Hawkeye
13. Storm
12. Deadpool
11. The Thing
10. Cyclops
9. Iron Man
8. Hulk
7. Thor

#6-1 haven't been revealed yet.

They'll probably be Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Captain America, Wolverine, and Spider-man (Peter Parker).

:salute: for X-men taking up 13 of the top 50 spots, and probably 15 spots total once Wolverine and Magneto are announced (:mjlol: @ at the thought of them not making it in the top 5-6 characters) That would bring it up to 8 X-men characters out of the top 25 characters in total, and 3 spots out of the top 10 characters (Cyclops, Wolverine, and Magneto).

* Colossus (46th)
* Magik (42nd)
* Psylocke (38th)
* Beast (33rd)
* Rogue (29th)
* Emma Frost (28th)
* Gambit (25th)
* Jean Grey (20th)
* Nightcrawler (16th)
* Kitty Pryde (15th)
* Storm (13th)
* Deadpool (12th)
* Cyclops (10th)
* Wolverine (?, but you know he's gonna be top 5)
* Magneto (?, but you know he's gonna be there too)
This list seems more in line with people's expectations here. Especially with X-Men's recent burial, about 7 mutants from the top 25 that were in last year were knocked down.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the new list seems to show that marvel is succeeding and failing in pushing the movies to influence the comics....they succeeding cause some characters have gained popularity, i.e. iron man & cap marvel...but they failing cause no matter how much they dont push some characters, they still gonna be popular, i.e. x-men & f4....

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Magneto the #2 character in 2015 :francis:
That's not official..that was just the order I was doing it in...Doom got pushed hard this year..but Magneto headlined his own series and it sold. So he will matter

If it was up to me?

I would have it
Spider Man
Magneto
Doom
Captain America
Wolverine
Daredevil

But it's likely Spider Man and Wolverine as 1 and 2 and everyone else follows.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just realized that Professor X of all characters didn't even make the top 50 list...

YHjfwGt.gif

Not even gonna front I'm just looking for an excuse to post that gif :manny: