Top Boy Series 3 Discussion Thread | (Netflix)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Low key though, brehs got some really good style on this show from the street wear to the suits and the wool jackets.

I agree with the style tho. They got that fall/winter look on lock. I’m definitely gon take some tips.

while rewatching the OG S1 + S2 I noticed the brand of coats they wore (dris in particular) is superdry...I have like 7-8 coats from them...the prices aren’t wild @ all either imo...idk tho if that was still the same brand of coats they were rocking in the newest season...I rewatched S1/S2 after watching the new season...otherwise I would’ve paid more attention to it

Superdry is an exciting contemporary brand which focuses on high-quality products that fuse vintage Americana and Japanese-inspired graphics with a British style. They are characterized by quality fabrics, authentic vintage washes, unique detailing, world leading hand-drawn graphics and tailored fits with diverse styling. Such distinctiveness has gained the brand exclusive appeal as well as an international celebrity following.

just google ‘superdry’ and you’ll see the site...they have a lot of dope styles when it comes to coats and shyt

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
On the streets they don't respect when you involve 5-0, bottom line. Thats why Sully was disgusted with Dushane even though they "beat" their enemy. Your soldiers know you involve police you lose respect in their eyes.

This part of the game have always been hypocritical in my eyes. You think “anonymous tips” doesn’t happen? The mafia uses cops, Cartel uses cops, anyone major who have cops on their payroll does it. A setup is a setup. Not going too spoilerish but on the latest episode for “Godfather of Harlem”, Gigante couldn’t touch Bumpy like that as he is protected and it’ll be an all out war. What does this POS do? He get the boys to plant shyt in Bumpy’s car which would get him sent back for another bid. It’s a setup which is what Dushane did with Jaime. Is this respected? Hell no which is why a very select few in your team would know about it, but it happens all the time. What the streets won’t tolerate is everything 69 is doing right now.

With Sully, he wanted Jamie dead period. Getting the boys involved was almost a copout, and you think your enemy is just going to work under you peacefully? If Dushane talk to those youth the way he was talking to Jaq and Dris, it’s a matter of when they’ll turn on him. I could see them embracing Sully more, all while plotting behind the scenes.

Last edited:

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Donovan (Dushane’s cousin) got killed because he told him to lay low at a relatives house and Sugar’s goons got him first. I forget why he wanted him to leave. I think he was about to stop fukkin with Sugar.

I don’t see how Sully set up Modi. Modi was just being reckless in general. I think the writers did a poor job there tbh. Sully isn’t dead tho, last we saw he took out Dris for turning on him. Sully is a career criminal tho.

The guy Dushane went to for money was his brother Chris. If you see the first Summerhouse series then there’s a part where some goons get at Chris because of Dushane’s shyt and that was basically the end of their relationship.

I agree with the style tho. They got that fall/winter look on lock. I’m definitely gon take some tips.

Dushane wanted Donovan to go hide out at their grandmother's house in the country because, if you remember, Haze hit him with 20 kilos of food and at the time, Dushane didn't have anyone to sell it. Dushane wasn't confident that they would be able to move that weight before the deadline. Donovan was Sugar's collateral. That's why they really needed Jamie out the way. Once Sugar had Donovan killed, Dushane obviously wasn't gonna be dealing with him anymore and all bets were off. With the collateral out of the way and no way to sell the food, stumbling into meeting Lizzie and Lithe as plugs, taking out Sugar became the option for Dushane. And he used Donovan's gf to do that.

I think dude meant Jermaine, not Sully. Sully had no idea where Modie was, much less being able to set him up going to or coming from the eye doctor. Only Modie, Jermaine and Jamie knew that Modie was going to the eye doctor, and only Jermaine and Modie knew the eye doctor's address. Jermaine is the one that disappeared after Modie was killed. More than possible that he had Modie set up. Cops arrived too quickly to that location en masse. They had to be put onto his whereabouts by someone. Modie hadn't paid Jermaine for breaking him out and now, while acting way too unstable, had them hunting down Sully.

Jermaine is just a hustler/finesser, hands in different things. The reason he had that hit put on him was due to him screwing over some other dudes in a deal. The main hitman was trying to get out of that game, and into the music game, and outsourced it to Sully and Mike.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Dushane wanted Donovan to go hide out at their grandmother's house in the country because, if you remember, Haze hit him with 20 kilos of food and at the time, Dushane didn't have anyone to sell it. Dushane wasn't confident that they would be able to move that weight before the deadline. Donovan was Sugar's collateral. That's why they really needed Jamie out the way. Once Sugar had Donovan killed, Dushane obviously wasn't gonna be dealing with him anymore and all bets were off. With the collateral out of the way and no way to sell the food, stumbling into meeting Lizzie and Lithe as plugs, taking out Sugar became the option for Dushane. And he used Donovan's gf to do that.

I think dude meant Jermaine, not Sully. Sully had no idea where Modie was, much less being able to set him up going to or coming from the eye doctor. Only Modie, Jermaine and Jamie knew that Modie was going to the eye doctor, and only Jermaine and Modie knew the eye doctor's address. Jermaine is the one that disappeared after Modie was killed. More than possible that he had Modie set up. Cops arrived too quickly to that location en masse. They had to be put onto his whereabouts by someone. Modie hadn't paid Jermaine for breaking him out and now, while acting way too unstable, had them hunting down Sully.

Jermaine is just a hustler/finesser, hands in different things. The reason he had that hit put on him was due to him screwing over some other dudes in a deal. The main hitman was trying to get out of that game, and into the music game, and outsourced it to Sully and Mike.

Riiiiiiight, and Sully was giving him hella chances to not get murked too. That was actually a crazy angle in the plot.

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This part of the game have always been hypocritical in my eyes. You think “anonymous tips” doesn’t happen? The mafia uses cops, Cartel uses cops, anyone major who have cops on their payroll does it. A setup is a setup.

Not going too spoilerish but on the latest episode for “Godfather of Harlem”, Gigante couldn’t touch Bumpy like that as he is protected and it’ll be an all out war. What does this POS do? He get the boys to plant shyt in Bumpy’s car which would get him sent back for another bid. It’s a setup which is what Dushane did with Jaime. Is this respected? Hell no which is why a very select few in your team would know about it, but it happens all the time. What the streets won’t tolerate is everything 69 is doing right now.

With Sully, he wanted Jamie dead period. Getting the boys involved was almost a copout, and you think your enemy is just going to work under you peacefully? If Dushane talk to those youth the way he was talking to Jaq and Dris, it’s a matter of when they’ll turn on him. I could see them embracing Sully more, all while plotting behind the scenes.

There's always been police involvement in underworld activities. You mentioned the Godfather of Harlem. I'll take it further back to The Godfather, in the scene where Solazzo calls the police to pull Vito's men off of the hospital detail, leaving Vito exposed. Or, the police captain at the sitdown with Michael and Solazzo. Or, in The Sopranos, Tony getting tips from local police, politicans, and FBI. These things happen all the time in real life. There are cops involved. Hell, the Death Row debacle from the 90s....

The main code in the streets is to survive, by any means necessary. If you can afford to have police and politicans on the payroll to your advantage, you make that deal and reap that extra layer of security. Dushane dropped an amonymous tip of suscipious activity at a location. It was just a setup, and he made his main problem become a bigger problem for his main rival. And stole the plug.

There are morals involved, like trying not to involve family who aren't in the game. But even in Top Boy (Summerhouse) Season 1, they went after Dushane's brother Chris, who's obviously not a roadman, and scarred him up in his house as a way to get to Dushane. Obviously everyone doesn't honor the same "codes" or "morals." So why should Dushane and Sully???

The goal was to win, and they did...for now. Main competition is out of the way, by any means. Sully gonna feel some way about it. But I'm sure when he gets his half of the Ps, he'll get over it.

Sully gon Sully. Every season ends with him mad about something, rather than happy about the win.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

Yep I meant Jermaine. Mannn I guess I need to watch season 1 and 2 again cause I don't remember shyt.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Didn't a girl see Modie as he was entering the doctor's crib?