Toy Story 4 (Official Discussion Thread) (June 21)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just took my nephew to see it, shyt had me :mjcry:

There was also a very deep hidden meaning that I took away from this movie:

An Abundance Mindset Is Key To Everything

Lil purple bytch had dolly in a scarcity mindset, Then woody told her about bonnie, Then she ended up finding a kid nobody even knew about. #AbundanceMindset :wow:

40010208971_356a5eed8e_o.gif

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I missed both pre and post credits brehs :mjcry:

I walked in and was on the road or something, then the movie started. Any links up online for both?:feedme:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isn’t a story spoiler, more a tone, but I probably wouldn’t wanna know this going in, so I’ll cover my bases

I think this is the lightest Toy Story tbh

@Deltron I’m watching TS1 rn, and I have an adjustment on this.

I will say it’s the most mature, if not the darkest

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
How in the hell is there not a toy story thread stickied???
This was the best toy story movie and one of the best movies of the year.
And good God the graphics were breath taking

Those graphics were insane. The first one was very cutting edge for its time and they've been getting better and better since

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I thought it was great.

It might have had the weakest plot of the 4 (because they ran out of stuff to work with), but it was very funny, had breathtaking aninamation, and had a great ending. And there were some subtle messages (like the girl's favorite toy being one she made out of garbage)

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I was watching a video about Toy Story 2. Hard to believe it was originally going to be DTV and it also almost got deleted out of existence due to an error. :picard:

Imagine being in the tech room and watching Woody slowly disappear and there's nothing that you can do about it. :damn:

I am horrified of the idea of no Toy Story 2. I watched that dozens of times as a kid and it's the best one in the series in my opinion.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Loved it. I'm not sure where they go next, but I really liked this and liked the ending. It didn't emotionally hit me like the third version, but I can see why others felt that way.

Inside Out is Pixar's best film, imo
I enjoy incredible more from a pure entertainment perspective, but with all that Inside Out was able to do thematically and creatively I could definitely understand that. But there's a different kind of joy I got watching Monsters Inc, Toy Story, and The Incredible with my son and seeing him light up and love the characters that makes those hit different for me. To this day I still chuckle to myself any time I think about the cute way my son would try and say Mike Wyzowski (sp).