Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Transgender woman's photo with Texas governor goes viral
BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN - 07/19/17 02:49 PM EDT 268
transgenderbathroom.png

© Instagram
A transgender woman’s photo with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) is going viral as the state's lawmakers debate a bill that would determine which bathrooms transgender people can use.

The woman, Ashley Smith, posed with the governor for the photo at a campaign event Friday. She posted it Saturday with the caption, “How will the Potty Police know I'm transgender if the Governor doesn’t?”

Smith told CNN that the photo shows that "sometimes it's not really apparent who transgender people are."

"We're just regular folks," Smith said.

The photo now has more than 5,000 likes on Facebook and more than 500 on Instagram.

Abbott’s office did not return a request for comment to CNN about the photo.

Abbott called a special session in the Texas legislature to debate the bill, which would require students to use bathrooms that match the gender on their birth certificates.

The bill was introduced in the state's last legislative session.

He tweeted out his support for the controversial bill in April, saying that he “will work to get a bill to my desk.”

The measure has created a major rift among Texas Republicans, who are divided on the legislation. A similar bill sparked national outrage after it became law in North Carolina last year.

North Carolina repealed the law earlier this year.

Transgender woman's photo with Texas governor goes viral

:laff:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
why is this even a big deal?

if he/she came out of the women's washroom no one would give a fukk. no one would care and live would carry on.

why do these transgender ppl need to make a big deal about this?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

if he/she came out of the women's washroom no one would give a fukk. no one would care and live would carry on.

because that is what they were doing until people started proposing and passing laws to prevent them just going about their business.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?

You are one of the fiercest proponents on this board in regards to this, why the change in opinion?

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You are one of the fiercest proponents on this board in regards to this, why the change in opinion?
I am??
I don't care where transgender ppl go to the washroom, I don't have problems with transgender ppl, or anyone.

if you look like a girl, go in the girls washroom, if you look like a man go to the mans washroom. if you aren't sure then go in the single/family/handicapped stall.

my only issue was those not acknowledging how REAL fukkin weirdos would take advantage of this shyt if it was made some kind of law or something to not discriminate.

shyt...there is nothing wrong with some discrimination when it makes sense. shyt everybody discriminates every day.

killacal

Banned
Daps
I am??
I don't care where transgender ppl go to the washroom, I don't have problems with transgender ppl, or anyone.

if you look like a girl, go in the girls washroom, if you look like a man go to the mans washroom. if you aren't sure then go in the single/family/handicapped stall.

my only issue was those not acknowledging how REAL fukkin weirdos would take advantage of this shyt if it was made some kind of law or something to not discriminate.

shyt...there is nothing wrong with some discrimination when it makes sense. shyt everybody discriminates every day.
Appeal to common practice much cac :skip: