Trap Titans 2 (DBR, Shutterworth, + more Coli Collabs)

clanarchy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guaranteed heat when u two collab.
DBR always on point with the production and I feel the boss always sound most comfortable over these types of beats - even though u a vet and blessed all types of production.
U both did your thing here. :salute:

DBR

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
This tape Knocks the mixing is a1

Thanks breh :salute: , your verse might be one of the best i heard over my production to . shyt is flame , that double clutching line :wow:

DBR always on point with the production and I feel the boss always sound most comfortable over these types of beats - even though u a vet and blessed all types of production.

Preciate it breh , gotta give credit to shutterworth tough , Only emcees who's able to rap over most my prod . Breh is versatile af lol . Our Ep with you gon be flame for sure to , Will finish the intro this week btw . :salute:

NORFOLKSOWN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Va
Thanks breh :salute: , your verse might be one of the best i heard over my production to . shyt is flame , that double clutching line :wow:
/QUOTE]
I got a project maybe u can bless me with a track

• Dap
Reactions: DBR

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Thanks breh.

You and DBR got the most verses outta me on this site. I love ya'll production. Ya'll definitely top 5 when it comes to producers on here.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I listened to it last night. The production overall was decent, I don't feel like the vocals and the beats worked together most of the time though. The Chill Interlude, Triple Heat and Handing Out Fades worked the best with Shutterworth's style imo, they're melodic enough to contrast the hoarseness of the vocals better. Most of the other beats dial the melody down to allow for more personality on the vocal end, I felt like there wasn't enough going on in the vocals on most of the beats (Must Be Nice, We Can Go To War, Kick Rocks, etc.) to fill out the empty space.

The other critique I have is the songwriting, a lot of the verses drifted heavily off topic and had more of a freestyle structure than a song structure. On "Must Be Nice", the song starts off with the hook:

"I'm running through a check, a nikka living the life
it got haters saying, it must be nice
the whip look right, the chick look right..."

and when it transitions into the verse, it starts off painting a picture of the hook:

"Hit the club, Ciroc on ice, high as fukk, boss life
nikkas know I floss right, whip clean, turtle wax"

But it quickly turns into more of a freestyle after that. Most of the bars are about mic skills when the actual hook has nothing to do with that. There's even a line that contradicts the hook:

"bytch nikkas be so identical
I'm underrated, so criminal"

The line itself is fine but it doesn't fit the concept laid out in the hook at all.

If the songs were better formulated the project would have felt more like an album than a collection of freestyles. The production is definitely flowing together and the mixing on the project is great throughout, vocally though I felt like there was a lack of vision. There's nothing wrong technically with the lyrics but the absence of song structure throughout didn't allow a lot of the songs to stand out.

Overall: 5/10

DBR

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I listened to it last night. The production overall was decent, I don't feel like the vocals and the beats worked together most of the time though. The Chill Interlude, Triple Heat and Handing Out Fades worked the best with Shutterworth's style imo, they're melodic enough to contrast the hoarseness of the vocals better. Most of the other beats dial the melody down to allow for more personality on the vocal end, I felt like there wasn't enough going on in the vocals on most of the beats (Must Be Nice, We Can Go To War, Kick Rocks, etc.) to fill out the empty space.

The other critique I have is the songwriting, a lot of the verses drifted heavily off topic and had more of a freestyle structure than a song structure. On "Must Be Nice", the song starts off with the hook:

and when it transitions into the verse, it starts off painting a picture of the hook:

But it quickly turns into more of a freestyle after that. Most of the bars are about mic skills when the actual hook has nothing to do with that. There's even a line that contradicts the hook:

The line itself is fine but it doesn't fit the concept laid out in the hook at all.

If the songs were better formulated the project would have felt more like an album than a collection of freestyles. The production is definitely flowing together and the mixing on the project is great throughout, vocally though I felt like there was a lack of vision. There's nothing wrong technically with the lyrics but the absence of song structure throughout didn't allow a lot of the songs to stand out.

Thanks for the honnest feedback breh :salute:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

I :salute: you for the well thought out feedback. Much appreciated.

If you have the time, I'd like you to review another project I dropped last year. The production is sample based soulful hiphop though. Pretty much the polar opposite of this mixtape. I can PM the thread link or drop it in here if you prefer. I got more dimensions to my style than this and wouldn't want you to think that this is my pinnacle. That's all.

If not, then it's still all good fam and I appreciate you taking the time to break the songs down and giving your honest perspective on this shyt.

Thanks

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I :salute: you for the well thought out feedback. Much appreciated.

If you have the time, I'd like you to review another project I dropped last year. The production is sample based soulful hiphop though. Pretty much the polar opposite of this mixtape. I can PM the thread link or drop it in here if you prefer. I got more dimensions to my style than this and wouldn't want you to think that this is my pinnacle. That's all.

If not, then it's still all good fam and I appreciate you taking the time to break the songs down and giving your honest perspective on this shyt.

Thanks

Yup its all good, shoot me a link and I'll give it a listen tonight.