Trippie Redd explains why Tha Carter IV is his favorite Lil Wayne album

Tunechi

Tunechi Baby
Daps
Reppin
YMCMB
lil-wayne-dream-nightclub-miami-mack-maine-birthday3.jpg

A couple of months ago, Trippie Redd visited the Billboard offices to promote his upcoming ! album, due to be released on August 9th.

During their interview, Trippie mentioned his “Hell Rain” collaboration with Lil Wayne and HoodyBaby will not appear on his new project after it leaked online in May.

However, there will be a song paying homage to Tunechi on !, which will be called “Lil Wayne“. Redd also revealed that Tha Carter IV is his favorite Tune album!

There was also supposed to be a Lil Wayne collaboration, but he opted to stash the record after it leaked online. Instead, Trippie elected to have an ode to one of his heroes with the track taking on Wayne’s namesake. Naturally, Trippie lit up when our conversation surrounded Weezy F. Baby. Redd goes against the grain when declaring Tha Carter IV to be his favorite Wayne album, even listing Rebirth in his top five.”You gotta think that Wayne fans aren’t all of a certain crowd,” Trippie said of Weezy’s daring forays into worlds outside hip-hop. “He was going mainstream at that point, looking to show the world he could do more with some crossover shyt.”

Read more at Trippie Redd Reveals Why “Hell Rain” Will Not Appear On His New Album & What His Favorite Lil Wayne Album Is

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Polo G said the same thing

It might be an age thing. I’m a lil older than Trippie and Polo and I fukked with Carter IV heavy when it dropped. But a lot of people on here tend to shyt on it.

Carter II the best Carter tho :manny:

Last edited:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
i've never heard a trippie red song that couldn't have been created by a 12 yr old with down syndrome

therefore i don't give a fuk about his opinion
Trippie Redd can actually rap lol, and he knows his shyt. He was on a live stream reciting Nas lyrics

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carter 3 & 4 were my least favorite from the series.

Definitely an age thing.

Who the fukk wants to listen to How to Love? :scust:

Apparently a lot of people liked that song. It wasn't a good look for the album though because it's easily one of the weakest songs on there. That album still had:

Megaman

President Carter

Interludes (the Andre 3000 and Tech and the one with Nas were crazy)

She Will- possibly the best single on the album

It's Good

Nightmares of the Bottom