Trippie Redd explains why Tha Carter IV is his favorite Lil Wayne album

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But it proves those songs were liked and even loved by A LOT of people. I can say I hated it and that it was a bad song to me, but to say "who wanted to hear it" or simply that nobody liked the song, which was implied by a poster is laughable. Millions of people loved that song.

There's a lot of music that I love that didn't sell that people think is terrible. It doesn't mean anything because it's their opinion. If I happen to like something that just happened to sell millions, it just means I liked something that either other people agreed was dope or was worth buying.

Eminem's "Encore" went 4x plat.

He could've read his grocery list over a beat and it would've been a hit, around that time.

The same goes for Wayne around the time of "C4".

The same goes for 50 Cent around the time of "The Massacre".

I don't even really fukk with Wayne but I had to give him props for his "C5" numbers because he was cold as fukk. His career was basically over. But saying "people liked those songs!" in an artist's prime when literally anything from the artist was gonna sell, is silly.

Fred.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

He could've read his grocery list over a beat and it would've been a hit, around that time.

I don't even really fukk with Wayne but I had to give him props for his "C5" numbers because he was cold as fukk. His career was basically over. But saying "people liked those songs!" in an artist's prime when literally anything from the artist was gonna sell, is silly.

Fred.
C5 was great though.

Way better than C4 and showed us he didn't completely fall off.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Polo G said the same thing

It might be an age thing. I’m a lil older than Trippie and Polo and I fukked with Carter IV heavy when it dropped. But a lot of people on here tend to shyt on it.

Carter II the best Carter tho :manny:
its their ass..let em shyt...

:yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
C5 was great though.

Way better than C4 and showed us he didn't completely fall off.

That's not my point breh.

I'm saying if "C5" was terrible, people would've said so. Because they weren't in dikk riding mode. The opposite actually, a lot of people had counted him out.
The flip side of that is, I remember Rosenberg saying "C3" was the GOAT rap album, and it wasn't even officially out yet. :mjlol:

So literally anything Wayne dropped around that time, would've gotten dikk rode. Picking a random song from that era and arguing "people liked it" is meaningless. I remember Em fans defended "Fack". I remember 50 fans defended "Candy Shop".

Fred.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

That still doesn't mean that nobody liked it just because they had stans who would buy anything. Prime Eminem never had a #1 song until "Lose Yourself". Encore sold considerably less than his previous album.

People actually liked Carter 4. I was one of them. Did I buy the album or purchase singles? No because I'm not a big enough Wayne fan to buy his music.

Massacre was dope too. That album had a lot of heat on it. I don't know why the Booth paints this picture like it was garbage. In real time, people actually enjoyed that album even if it wasn't considered on par with GRODT. Curtis is actually the album where 50 fell completely off. Yes, it sold, but again, a far cry from what he did with his previous album and even the GRODT soundtrack.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
That's not my point breh.

I'm saying if "C5" was terrible, people would've said so. Because they weren't in dikk riding mode. The opposite actually, a lot of people had counted him out.
The flip side of that is, I remember Rosenberg saying "C3" was the GOAT rap album, and it wasn't even officially out yet. :mjlol:

So literally anything Wayne dropped around that time, would've gotten dikk rode. Picking a random song from that era and arguing "people liked it" is meaningless. I remember Em fans defended "Fack". I remember 50 fans defended "Candy Shop".

Fred.

Carter 4 wasn't terrible.

I give it a 5/10 lol

I'm a stan... and as soon as I heard the intro I knew Wayne stans were in trouble :no:

6 Foot 7 was so promising though.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Carter 4 wasn't terrible.

I give it a 5/10 lol

I'm a stan... and as soon as I heard the intro I knew Wayne stans were in trouble :no:

6 Foot 7 was so promising though.

"6 Foot 7" was dope as fukk.

This is what I'm talking about though....I know you're one of the biggest Wayne fans on the site....and even you can acknowledge "C4" was subpar.

But if anyone said that when the album actually dropped, they got called a hater. So cats talking about "but people liked (insert song)!" from back then is irrelevant.

Fred.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I was in senior year when 3 dropped and it was the greatest shyt of all time. 4 is probably the worst one to keep it a buck but I wouldnt expect anything else from trashie redd.Did he really just name his album ! After x named his shyt ? :scust:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Its crazy how classic C3 would’ve been if the OG album was released

It was completely different and album cover
I've seen people talk about the OG version but don't think I've ever heard it. Link?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I was in senior year when 3 dropped and it was the greatest shyt of all time. 4 is probably the worst one to keep it a buck but I wouldnt expect anything else from trashie redd.Did he really just name his album ! After x named his shyt ? :scust:
I think he did lol

I just want to hear the song he has titled "Lil Wayne" :takedat: