Trippie Redd explains why Tha Carter IV is his favorite Lil Wayne album

Superstar
Daps
Trippie Redd can actually rap lol, and he knows his shyt. He was on a live stream reciting Nas lyrics

That’s what even more frustrating to me about these newer artist. I’d like to support but so many won’t actually put any effort into creation. Many can actually spit but it seems as if they’re embarrassed to do it lmao. Like when did having skill and trying become lame?! Lol

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
A lot of Gen Z prefer what a lot of millennials dislike. I also think that many don't go too far back.

You would be surprised how much of the younger crowd has 808's & Heartbreak at the top and either Late Registration or Graduation at the bottom.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Carter 4 is the worst in the series.

Carter 2 is Wayne's best album to date. I know some will argue C1 but on 2 he just put everything together rapping wise and he was more mature. C1 he was experimenting alot with his new style which made for an exciting album. C2 made hip hop heads respect Wayne's pen along with dedication 2

C3 was peak Wayne but he was coasting on that album and many of his best songs either leaked or was left off.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"C4" was trash and Wayne got washed by literally every guest appearance on the album. Including Shyne, who himself was washed at the time.:mjlol:

A lot of people considering it's one of Wayne's highest selling songs lol.

"Macarena" sold 11 mill and stayed in the Hot 100 for 46 weeks.

You cats gotta stop acting like "it sold well" means anything. A lot of terrible shyt sells.

Fred.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
"C4" was trash and Wayne got washed by literally every guest appearance on the album. Including Shyne, who himself was washed at the time.:mjlol:

You cats gotta stop acting like "it sold well" means anything. A lot of terrible shyt sells.

Fred.
No one on that album was better than 6 foot 7 foot verses.

Stop it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

But it proves those songs were liked and even loved by A LOT of people. I can say I hated it and that it was a bad song to me, but to say "who wanted to hear it" or simply that nobody liked the song, which was implied by a poster is laughable. Millions of people loved that song.

There's a lot of music that I love that didn't sell that people think is terrible. It doesn't mean anything because it's their opinion. If I happen to like something that just happened to sell millions, it just means I liked something that either other people agreed was dope or was worth buying.