Capsule Corp

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikka got a kickable face smh.
Dude really irks me.
Truly the Adrian Broner of the rap game.
xAnEZ1C.gif

Video of the gif?

The real McCoy was the shyt

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO troy ave should keep doing what hes doing....hate eventually turns to love...u just gotta keep grinding, because he might have 100 million haters and 10 million hardcore fans

those 10 million fans will make u rich forever and eventually some of those haters will change their minds...thats bonus $

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This dude is so delusional its disturbing. The whole way he described trying to come up about using his "back catalog" as leverage to negotiate for more money when a major eventually comes along and signs him and then trying to compare that to Bad Boy situation is pure lunacy. The music industry isnt doing these type of deals anymore. He keep talking all this New York this New York that shyt and he needs to shut up and then the way he keeps trying to name drop all these people and then use himself as an example in the same breath...:snoop:
He actually sat up there with a straight face and said selling 7K his first week is a good thing.....I realize no one is selling records these days but this is not good and then to try and act like its close to selling 100K. Ebro was about to call him out when he said something to the affect of "I get the same amount selling 100K as a platinum artist on a major" but he stopped short. He aint nowhere close to 100K so I'm not sure why he even said this stupid shyt even if he was close to selling 100K it would be a lie...I cant believe they let him off this easy. Rosenberg was acting like his lawyer.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've never listened to a more arrogant, clueless, insignificant person talk way beyond their station as much as Troy Ave.

And I didn't expect The Breakfast Club to go super in on him with tough love (since they don't know him as well as Hot97), but Ebro and 'em can't let this dude walk around thinking he's God's gift to "Street Music" when all he is is the next in a long line of irrelevant NY rappers.

Papoose
Maino
Vado
Troy Ave
etc.

All of them (and more I can't remember) are just dues from a big city who think because they come from that big city, that they have the right to inherent something from it.

Plus, besides Puff, the only nikkas who fukk with him are pretty much washed up musically. Fif, Fat Joe... The nikka can't be that clueless can he?

:francis:

And I listened to his first album, which is why I won't be listening to his new one. shytty lifeless beats, early 2000's G-Unit swag, and unwarranted cockiness and street nikka talk. If I wanted to hear that, I'd listen to Beg for Mercy or anything from that actual era.

I've never felt compelled to comment on Troy Ave before, but the delusion in him through two interviews has to stop.

I actually got a new found respect for Troy Ave after this interview:francis:

Everything he said was making sense.

Unlike a lot of NY rappers that we've seen he doesn't seem entitled or feel like its a birthright that he be forcefed on people,or be popular just because he's from NY:manny:...At least based on this interview.

Definitley just seems confident,most independent artist feel like him.

I think the difference is we all just assume he wont be shyt because we think he trash:mjlol:...but if he sold 7K in a week he must have a decent fanbase.

I see feelings were caught by weirdo rap fans though:sas2:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Interview made me wanna listen and I respected what he was saying :manny:

I feel da same way sometimes.