Troy Ave sh!ts on Kendrick and Kanye (And pretty much the whole "hipster" NY rap movement)

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not every new artist is on that bullshyt. Can't generalize an entire generation on the actions of a few.

I agree but you've misunderstood me. I listen to these cats because I listen to everything. I don't give a fukk what they are about in general my nikka. Nikkas can rap about a number of things for me to fukk with it. My problem is how these radio people play on topics & show blatant bias.

Rosenberg sat there & honestly said he'd rather have his own son be on drugs than sell them. fukk outta here jack. What is this bullshyt? That whole show is surpressing & out of touch with where Hip-Hop came from & like many of these corporate artists, is assisting in reshaping the culture. I just can't believe an artist has yet to step to one of these suckers & call them out on this bullshyt. They're verbal bullies but nobody even realises how they push nikkas morale compass & mindset. They playing game on their guests.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Troy ave put himself in that situation when he talked about the drug dealing shyt

I agree but you've misunderstood me. I listen to these cats because I listen to everything. I don't give a fukk what they are about in general my nikka. Nikkas can rap about a number of things for me to fukk with it. My problem is how these radio people play on topics & show blatant bias.

Rosenberg sat there & honestly said he'd rather have his own son be on drugs than sell them. fukk outta here jack. What is this bullshyt? That whole show is surpressing & out of touch with where Hip-Hop came from & like many of these corporate artists, is assisting in reshaping the culture. I just can't believe an artist has yet to step to one of these suckers & call them out on this bullshyt. They're verbal bullies but nobody even realises how they push nikkas morale compass & mindset. They playing game on their guests.

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: Rosenberg was the one bringing up some review Pusha T retweeted & how some rock nikka made him think about crack babies & shyt. TA ain't bring that shyt up b. Rosenberg brought up the whole selling white conversation.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'll watch it again. When he said that "would you rather see your son as the dealer or the addict, which one you rather see?"

:what: Rosenberg was the one bringing up some review Pusha T retweeted & how some rock nikka made him think about crack babies & shyt. TA ain't bring that shyt up b. Rosenberg brought up the whole selling white conversation.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Off topic:

nikka didn't I tell your ass to change your avi. How you gonna have a picture of Omar right before he gets popped in the back of the head? It's saddening I get reminded of one of the most shocking deaths in TV history every time you post.

Change it....

NOOWWWW!

:stopitslime:

:dwillhuh: Breh you know I can't let another grown man tell me what do with my picture. Just know the GOAT homothug was at peace before Kenard blew off n/h his piece

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: Breh you know I can't let another grown man tell me what do with my picture. Just know the GOAT homothug was at peace before Kenard blew off n/h his piece
Was he really at peace? Or was that dark turmoil of rage and revenge still cooking in his veins?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
A lot of you guys claiming "weirdo" rap is the new trend sound like he personally offended you. :dead:

He did start to sound ridiculous though. The point, that he was trying to make, is that never before in hip hop has it be so cool to be the victim instead of the one causing the action. He's referring to all these people OD'ing about rapping about being on mollys, etc., and that's the cool thing instead of being the guy pushing it (I'm not say it's right). Aside from that, he's basically saying these new rappers are too in touch with their feelings to the point where it becomes whiny and nauseating. In his eyes, when the music came from the ruggedness, swagger and action of the streets it was at its highest quality. To him, that is the default position of rap and that anything that deviates from that is "weird" but what he means is that it's a sub-genre of hip hop. It is no different than African-American culture in general where what is culturally "black" has been defined by those at the bottom more so than with any other group of people (right or wrong). What is common in hip hop is the hustler, and he says that he has no problems with those that deviate from that, but that they are not the norm and in his case "weirdos."

Somewhere in there, many of you agree with him too or there would not have been all that approval about Pusha T's album being a legitimate traditional hip hop album and a reprieve from everything else. I think most people listen to different types of rappers and appreciate them for what they do, but it's now reached a point where this hipster faction and new age rap fan feels that they can dictate, demean and form a cultural critique of every single rap artist based on their narrow conceptions of what is or isn't acceptable. There "critiques" are less about music and more akin to normative analyses about what rappers, and the communities they come from should be doing. They're often short-sighted, even if the dope boy is largely played out.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
He shouldn't have used the term weirdo when labelling other artists and said instead that he makes street music

Trinidpl

Pro
Daps
The nikka troy ave just saying when he was trying to get a verse or a cosign when he was coming up they was brushing him off now that he getting a lil shine now they wanna act like evrything is all good . I fcks with troy ave listened to the tape and you can tell 50 influenced him alot . Matter of fact i still think 50 can come back and bring back that ny feel just go back to the mixtapes .

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I feel what the young bull was saying. Meek Mill has stated similar sentiments. Like the popular thing now is to move away from street rap to this alternative, psuedo metrosexual cornball rap. Rapping about selling drugs is bad, OK. Rapping about using is good though? Sometimes, I swear I'm in Bizarro World.