Trubisky to Steelers 2 Year Deal Reported Starter

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
At some point the people in Pittsburgh are not going to be interested in a Jerry Sloan type existence where postseason appearances are good enough.
Pittsburgh hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2008. They haven't appeared in a Super Bowl since 2011. And they haven't appeared in a Conference Championship since 2016.

They have back to back Wild Card losses.

By any and every measure, the franchise is trending in the wrong direction. So yes. I'm skeptical that Mike Tomlin is going to turn that around with Mitch Trubisky.

*Also, Tomlin has not made the playoffs every season.

I agree. However, that's how Pittsburgh gets down. Their front office appears to prioritize continuity and consistency above a lot of other factors.

Since Mike Tomlin has been on board, Pittsburgh is more likely to win 11 or more games a year than they are to win 9 games or less.

Trubisky got a 2-year deal, which is basically just enough time to bridge the gap until a better prospect comes along. Given that "Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers" is the one job in the world that appears to have legitimate security attached to it so long as you don't fail miserably on the field, all Tomlin has to do is hold the fort with 9-10 wins for a year or two.

He has demonstrated through his tenure that the Steelers on-field product will be competitive/respectable no matter what.

Multiple teams would kill to trend in the wrong direction if you told them that meant being what the Steelers have been for the last few years. Tomlin has earned the benefit of the doubt, but if Trubisky is their ONLY move of note, that won't make them much better than they were last season.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Who the hell knows what is happening in Allen Park
Daps
Reppin
Done eating kneecaps, we need Ws now
Wtf is Tomlin thinking :mjlol:

7Bp9.gif

Showing nikkas that he can win with anybody. :russ:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree. However, that's how Pittsburgh gets down. Their front office appears to prioritize continuity and consistency above a lot of other factors.

Since Mike Tomlin has been on board, Pittsburgh is more likely to win 11 or more games a year than they are to win 9 games or less.

Trubisky got a 2-year deal, which is basically just enough time to bridge the gap until a better prospect comes along. Given that "Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers" is the one job in the world that appears to have legitimate security attached to it so long as you don't fail miserably on the field, all Tomlin has to do is hold the fort with 9-10 wins for a year or two.

He has demonstrated through his tenure, in the past that if nothing else, the Steelers on-field product will be competitive/respectable no matter what.

Multiple teams would kill to trend in the wrong direction if you told them that meant being what the Steelers have been for the last few years. Tomlin has earned the benefit of the doubt, but if Trubisky is their ONLY move of note, that won't make them much better than they were last season.
Yeah I agree with you about the continuity.
But if I was Tomlin I’d want some guarantee.

Can’t give me a bum ass QB then fire me when I lose games. I mean what’s the expectation here?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Who the hell knows what is happening in Allen Park
Daps
Reppin
Done eating kneecaps, we need Ws now
Montez Trubisky would be trying out for the USFL right now :mjpls:

I've shytted on Trubisky plenty of times but I'm going to let this one cook for a second. I did not know Matt Nagy didn't really know offense. We'll see early what he can do in a competent organization.

broller

Superstar
Daps
At some point the people in Pittsburgh are not going to be interested in a Jerry Sloan type existence where postseason appearances are good enough.
Pittsburgh hasn't won a Super Bowl since 2008. They haven't appeared in a Super Bowl since 2011. And they haven't appeared in a Conference Championship since 2016.

They have back to back Wild Card losses.

By any and every measure, the franchise is trending in the wrong direction. So yes. I'm skeptical that Mike Tomlin is going to turn that around with Mitch Trubisky.

*Also, Tomlin has not made the playoffs every season.

Under Cowher they had their struggles too. They went 7-9, 6-10 and 9-7 in 3 straight years from 1998-2000, missing the playoffs in all of them. Cowher was also notorious for losing home playoff games.

David_TheMan

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
JAMEIS out here and tomlin going to Mitch gatbage ass. Smh.

Hioefully Jameis can go to the browns.

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Supporter
Daps
As a Bears fan, it will be interesting to see Trubs as a starter with a competent head coach. I could see him doing well tbh. :manny: