Trump: I would block AT&T/Time Warner merger "Deals like this destroy Democracy"

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Good point, Obama will probably just let the clock run out and pass it down to hillary if no moves are made to block it in the next couple of weeks...See @MustafaSTL like I was saying the President has the power to block mergers..
President can instruct the justice department to sue to "try" to block the agreement. But not the unilateral power to block it him/herself, which has continued to be my point.

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
President can instruct the justice department to sue to "try" to block the agreement. But not the unilateral power to block it him/herself, which has continued to be my point.
FCC, FTC, etc are agencies that the President is the chief executive of that are responsible for regulating these type of mergers..as I have said before, the President can simply instruct these agencies not to provide the licenses that are needed in order make these mergers work.

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock

The thing is any public proclamation from the president that he will block the merger ALONE would be enough to depress the stock price and give the investors cold feet.

The deal would start falling apart real quick after that.

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
No the burden of proof won't be on them. If you want to challenge someone on that, YOU have to prove that they were lying and that they knew it.

Trump doesn't have a chance of winning those cases in court. He's done the same thing before and lost, when a reporter claimed he wasn't worth nearly what he said he was worth. He's only trying to make them spend a ton of money on lawyers. Trump is doing this as a pure intimidation tactic, nothing more.

The burden would be on victims to prove rape, then the burden would be on Trump to prove a lie.

Just because the victims can't prove rape means Trump can prove a lie.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
im
Wanna see some genius propaganda HL?

Time Warner CEO goes on his own news network to explain how AT&T will help innovate and bring wonderful things in the world because "competition creates lower prices" bs. All the while this "journalist" sits and doesn't go deeper into how most mergers raise prices for the consumers and hurts innovation. She seemed more excited for her potential raise than being a member of the press and asking real questions.

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
im

Time Warner CEO goes on his own news network to explain how AT&T will help innovate and bring wonderful things in the world because "competition creates lower prices" bs. All the while this "journalist" sits and doesn't go deeper into how most mergers raise prices for the consumers and hurts innovation. She seemed more excited for her potential raise than being a member of the press and asking real questions.

Gotta love how they are all smiling throughout the interview because they knowlol

ⒶⓁⒾⒶⓈ

Doctors without Labcoats
Daps
Reppin
Payments accepted Obamacare,paypal and livestock
im

:dead: this old Cac lying with a smile "more competition" "More innovation" "lower prices" HOW...yall are merging ...the only notable competitor left is Comcast and that relationship is incestuous to say the least.

Good thing i dont watch TV anymore cos the biggest " innovation" you TV loving nikkas will see is extra numbers on that monthly bill

2691baf28e3da9a56b5785fad8298fb5.jpg