Trump: I would block AT&T/Time Warner merger "Deals like this destroy Democracy"

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Trump is actually right about the ATT merger.

Federal antitrust laws should be enforced

This just means higher prices for consumers

Correct me if I'm wrong but At&T and Time Warner aren't in the same business are they? This is vertical integration not horizontal.

I agree antitrust laws should be enforced. Like I wouldn't accept AT&T and Sprint merging or Comcast and Time Warner.

keepemup

Banned
Daps
Can he prove they're lying? It sounds pretty consistent with what he says and how he's always conducted himself.
There was one particular instance where he had a witness that unequivocally proved that the accuser was lying. I think you can find it on youtube. Just type in the keywords.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Which provision of the constitution gives the president the power to do what he is proposing?

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Correct me if I'm wrong but At&T and Time Warner aren't in the same business are they? This is vertical integration not horizontal.

I agree antitrust laws should be enforced. Like I wouldn't accept AT&T and Sprint merging or Comcast and Time Warner.

It's another nail in the coffin of competition in cable entertainment. AT&T already owns DirecTV, the nation’s largest satellite television provider, with the rights to N.F.L. Sunday Ticket.

Time Warner owns CNN, premium channels HBO and Cinemax, as well as Turner, which operates TBS, Turner Sports and others, in addition to CNN. Time Warner also runs Warner Bros.

AT&T is already the nation’s largest television distributor. It already has 26 million subscribers, more than Comcast.

This deal would mean even higher prices, even more market and political power for AT&T. It should be stopped.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I will say this tho...Human sexual interactions are extremely complex and alot of it depends on non verbal communication, Sometimes you flirt with women and they flirt thenmake a move and she doesn't reciprocate..why?

Yo this might be the funniest GRAB EM BY THE p*ssy defense I've read yet :russ::deadmanny:

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
What part of the commerce clause gives the president power to act?
The United States Department of Justice which is under the jurisdiction of the President files lawsuits in federal courts to prevent companies from monopolizing an industry...No disrespect to you but it's sad that the majority of Americans are poorly educated on how all of this works:Shawltrump:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
The United States Department of Justice which is under the jurisdiction of the President files lawsuits in federal courts to prevent companies from monopolizing an industry...No disrespect to you but it's sad that the majority of Americans are poorly educated on how all of this works:Shawltrump:
This isn't necessarily a recognized presidential power. And nothing about this gives him the power to "block" the agreement. He can threaten to sue all he wants, that's what he does anyway. Doesn't mean he has the power to block this agreement.