Trump (NYT): All Haitans have AIDS, Nigerians live in huts

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'm trying to understand what you're attempting to accomplish by bringing up Clinton. He hasn't been the president in over 2 decades.

Wouldn't it be more productive to contrast to this administrations policy against the last that they are overturning instead of one who also has a bad position on Haiti?

Daps
I'm trying to understand what you're attempting to accomplish by bringing up Clinton. He hasn't been the president in over 2 decades.

Wouldn't it be more productive to contrast to this administrations policy against the last that they are overturning instead of one who also has a bad position on Haiti?

I'm having a discussion on U.S. policy regarding Haitian immigration.

I was in high school during the Haitian immigration crisis so it's seared in my memory.

Trump's recent stripping of protected status reminded me of that time...also reading all these comments further illustrated to me how Haiti in particular is always given the short shrift and how Trump isn't the first to do this..and that over all the U.S. needs to figure out how to deal with Haitian immigration in a fair manner.

We have never gotten it right.

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
Mind boggling.

He's caping for this while he and his family are direct targets of this deportation policy under the guise of Free speech. :dwillhuh:

But even worse, he's saying Haitians and Nigerians should leave them country and go back home despite he and his family migrating here with no intention of going back home. :dahell:

I think I just recapped his position but I'm not sure it even makes sense when I read it back. :heh:
So you rather get treated like a dog here and beg the white man for acceptance or live amongst your own folks back home? :jbhmm:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
So you rather get treated like a dog here and beg the white man for acceptance or live amongst your own folks back home? :jbhmm:
You seem to be projecting. I haven't begged a man for anything in my adult life and I do better than 90% of cacs

Maybe you're going about this the wrong way. :troll:

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
You seem to be projecting. I haven't begged a man for anything in my adult life and I do better than 90% of cacs

Maybe you're going about this the wrong way. :troll:
No I'm not...I just don't understand why immigrants try their hardest to come to a racist land...even worst, they try even harder to stay in a racist land...you're indirectly telling the white man, whatever he does to you, you rather that instead of going back home :yeshrug:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Negotiations over the U.N. budget were months in the making. A U.S. official said U.S. pressure helped bring about cuts to peacekeeping missions in Darfur and Haiti, freeing money to create a new special envoy for Burma to focus on returning the Rohingya people to their homes. It also involved a number of more esoteric reforms, such as a flexible workplace initiative and pension fund oversight to increase accountability.
:troll:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Free Speech doesn't mean you can say what you want

Free Speech means you cannot be harmed or quieted by the government for what you say, as long as it does not endanger the lives of others

ex. Yelling out a false cause for alarm in a public setting (yelling "fire" in a movie theater, screaming that there's a bomb on plane, etc.)

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
No I'm not...I just don't understand why immigrants try their hardest to come to a racist land...even worst, they try even harder to stay in a racist land...you're indirectly telling the white man, whatever he does to you, you rather that instead of going back home :yeshrug:

I would assume that either their life in their home country is worse than the racism they face in this country or they are not here just for themselves, but for providing financially for their family back in their home country. Sometimes going back home affects more than those who immigrated.

ejthompson23

Vagabon
Daps
I would assume that either their life in their home country is worse than the racism they face in this country or they are not here just for themselves, but for providing financially for their family back in their home country. Sometimes going back home affects more than those who immigrated.
In that case then, beggars can't be choosers :yeshrug: if you're willing to put up with racism and humiliation just to "make some money to send back home" then you deserve what you get...