TV host issues tearful apology after saying her black co-anchor looks like a gorilla

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Ehh, I'm going to give the dude a pass, he was probably shocked she would say something like that and he didn't really know what to do in the spur of the moment and going off on her wouldn't fly in racist ass Oklahoma. I'm not buying that half hearted apology from the white lady though, she knew what she was saying.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
I don't buy that he was caught by surprise. That she said that shyt in front of a camera shows a level of comfort that only comes with him letting fukkery slide in the past.

It is also a matter of instinct. He didn't create the situation so the onus was not on him to avoid a tense situation yet he took a submissive role.

When I was a teen, I remember someone some youth calling me a ******. He apologised and took a whatever approach. People wondered why I was so cool about it. They were expecting a beat down. I was calm because I didn't hear what he said. He got his ass whooping when he thought things were squashed.

As an adult, you don't need to throw hands although I would have given him props for slapping her. You do however need to let people know what you wont tolerate and challenge those who violate.