“U Should Know Within 6 Months If U Wanna Marry A Woman”

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The length of time doesn't much as how the time is spent. A lot of folks out here don't even know their partner. They just know how they make them feel and mistake that for being the "one".

Marriage is a business. If I allowed someone to work with me that had nothing I seeked besides them looking good and making me feel good, id be up a creek without a paddle.

If you gonna decided from 6 months, make you use those months effectively.

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
In 6 months you should you know whether or not you want this person in your future. Don't rush a proposal though. I'm at least waiting a few years before I propose. You have to wait to make it worth it.

Before you marry someone I feel like you should absolutely know who they are as a person to the point where you can predict almost everything they're going to say or do. You don't want someone who can change up on you and catch you off guard at any moment. Marriage is a package deal. You have to understand all the positives and negatives that come with that package. Love is the bare minimum. If you could deal with all the negatives for that long (a few years), and youre absolutely sure they haven't made your life any worse, then she's someone you can spend the rest of your life withz

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Depends. If both people come into the relationship with no lies and BS and looking for serious commitment then it's possible. No lies and you're actually committed and not just a relationship based on sex. I know a few people that have been married for 10 or more years and dated for less than a year. I also know people that dated for like a few months and divorced and people dating for like years and divorced quickly. For me personally I need at least a year or two.

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
So the consensus is...

The Ladies beleive a man should get married in less than a year (or plan on it)....

The Fellas think a man should wait atleast a year to start planning if not 2....

Interesting.:troll:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Sounds like advice someone with a divorce in their future would give
This.

I've been married since 2013.

What I knew about my wife or how I felt about her is going to be different than every other relationship.

You know when you know. You know when you critically think about all of the pros and cons and decide a married life with that woman has an overwhelming amount of pros.

You know when you acknowledge marriage isn't some fairytale shyt where you have cartoon birds singing on your shoulder every morning. You know when you realize you can't see yourself in this life without this woman, period.

Hopefully, this sheds some light.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
So the consensus is...

The Ladies beleive a man should get married in less than a year (or plan on it)....

The Fellas think a man should wait atleast a year to start planning if not 2....

Interesting.:troll:
giphy.gif

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I believe it's true. That doesn't mean u get married in 6 months or even a year it means that you know this woman is marriage material. If yall have been talking/dating for a year that should be enough time to really get to know her.

These nikkas in these 10 year relationships(and thats not including the inevitable 5 year engagement:pachaha:) are just wasting time.

It doesn't take that long to get to know somebody

queenblaq

Pro
Daps
I believe its true now that doesn't necessarily mean you should pop the question after 6 months
but if you're with the girl for half a year and the idea of marriage isn't on your mind then y'all just wasting time

I say 1-2 years together is a good time frame (also depends on your age too)