BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
This.

I've been married since 2013.

What I knew about my wife or how I felt about her is going to be different than every other relationship.

You know when you know. You know when you critically think about all of the pros and cons and decide a married life with that woman has an overwhelming amount of pros.

You know when you acknowledge marriage isn't some fairytale shyt where you have cartoon birds singing on your shoulder every morning. You know when you realize you can't see yourself in this life without this woman, period.

Hopefully, this sheds some light.

I feel that.

Just curious, though. How long were you with your wife before you knew these things about her and decided you want to lock it down forever?

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Think it's different for everyone. But by month 8 we were engaged

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I feel that.

Just curious, though. How long were you with your wife before you knew these things about her and decided you want to lock it down forever?
I hate to over simplify it because many different assumptions can be made... But... For times sake...

I had the ultimate crush on my wife when we were teenagers.

I was a shy kid.

College... I grew into my confident self.

We got together in my sophomore year of college.

By the 1st year, I knew, if she survived the bullshyt I put her through, I'd want to spend the rest of my life with her.

I didn't propose until our 8th year together.

That being said, I look back now and wish I didn't put her through the heart break of infidelity and fear of true commitment.

Doing it all again, I should have either not cheated or completely end the relationship so as not to hurt her as much as I did.

----------

I've been with a spectrum of women, none completed me like the woman I married.

It must sound crazy, right? How could you be in love or know you want to marry someone and not be ready to commit or be faithful.

Humans are flawed, temptation is ever present and growth is important.

I grew.

I've posted this before but my writing on it -

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I hate to over simplify it because many different assumptions can be made... But... For times sake...

I had the ultimate crush on my wife when we were teenagers.

I was a shy kid.

College... I grew into my confident self.

We got together in my sophomore year of college.

By the 1st year, I knew, if she survived the bullshyt I put her through, I'd want to spend the rest of my life with her.

I didn't propose until our 8th year together.

That being said, I look back now and wish I didn't put her through the heart break of infidelity and fear of true commitment.

Doing it all again, I should have either not cheated or completely end the relationship so as not to hurt her as much as I did.

----------

I've been with a spectrum of women, none completed me like the woman I married.

It must sound crazy, right? How could you be in love or know you want to marry someone and not be ready to commit or be faithful.

Humans are flawed, temptation is ever present and growth is important.

I grew.

I've posted this before but my writing on it -

Real. :wow:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm tryna get married this year so this better be true :wow:

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Married brehs is this true:lupe:

Ive heard this from alot of married people.

Some of them are divorced now though:dead:

There is no handbook for women breh. All women are different, but for me personally i knew in a little less than a year. Some dudes I know it took YEARS, some other dudes got married in a month.

There's no set standard at the end of the day :yeshrug: