UFC 211 [5/13] "Everything's Bigger In Texas" (Dos Santos/Miocic, Jerzzkkjjk/Andrade, Maia/Masvidal)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
C_wtsjaV0AASmyU.jpg

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Miocic could have that HW belt on lock for quite a bit if he keeps up this level......but that's the "problem/advantage" with the HW division. It's the one weight class where that cliched line of "anyone can knock out anyone" rings true, so even if Miocic maintains or excels the level he's at right now, he's always 1 big punch away from dropping that belt.....such is the life of a UFC heavyweight :yeshrug:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Overall good card. Few thoughts

I hope Yair and Andrade move to better camps. Andrade looked very unprepared. She had no answer for JJ speed and kicks. Once she realized her berzerker blitzes and power TD weren't happening she had no adjustments. Yair just looked like an amateur against Edgar. Trying to work off his back against the cage getting smashed on. Not having any king of defensive guard. Edgar has some of the best top control and gnp at 145. You gotta scramble and work your way back up. Both are young and can improve tho

JJ. What can I say. All around great performance. Precise accurate jabs and leg kicks. Just stepping off after throwing to avoid Andrade linear attacks or immediately locking her up in the clinch. Her best showing

JDS. Obviously done as a true contender. The chin is gone. I thought he corrected his problems against Rothwell in terms of not getting trapped on the cage but turns out Rothwell is just a slow lumbering oaf who wasn't able to pressure. JDS looked like he was rolling with those hard leg kicks that made stipe overextend. But he still found his back on the cage and got cracked. Gotta start giving Stipe props. Ive kind of dismissed him because hes opponents have been giving him clear opportunities. But his striking is obviously better and powerful. And his pressure movement is also better. If he ever fights Cain and beats him he will be the GOAT. But watch he gets KO by Lewis just because its HW

Hope Maia gets his well overdue title show. Hes thwarted every single obstacle and roadblock the UFC has thrown at him. Wrestlers, strikers, BJJ grapplers. Hes beat them all. Masvidal was his toughest test yet. Well rounded striker who can possible match his grappling. I think Woodley is an easy matchup for him. Woodley is another guy who stays on the cage looking to explode into a counter.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
They have to same height and Bones has the reach and technique advantage. Stipe is a "small" heavyweight, even though he's tall.

Stipe is bigger then Jones. He is thicker( :dame:) in terms of physique. And he obviously hits harder. Jones may have reach but his boxing is still iffy. Plus we've seen him struggle against guys his own size in Gus and OSP. I just don't buy him dominating at HW like he does at 205. Gotta understand too the weight difference between those two division two. We talking about usually 35-40 lb difference unlike the usual 10 between other divisions.

e001

Superstar
Daps
:laff:
Some of you guys are fukking delusional.
Jones would get wrecked. Jones is a fighter who makes the most of his physical advantages in his division. Those advantages go away at HW. Stipe would box his ass up.

He'd still have the physical advantage anyway if he didn't need to cut weight, OSP is probably bigger than him and he couldn't do shyt, Gus lost on his feet to a guy people say that can't even strike. No one can match his length in the HW, and he knows how to use it, he also control's the center of the octagon and the pace of the fight. If it was that easy to overpower him then DC would've done it, if all he had was reach then Gus would've won the fight since he had a slight edge on the ground, surprisingly.
Stipe is bigger then Jones. He is thicker( :dame:) in terms of physique. And he obviously hits harder. Jones may have reach but his boxing is still iffy. Plus we've seen him struggle against guys his own size in Gus and OSP. I just don't buy him dominating at HW like he does at 205. Gotta understand too the weight difference between those two division two. We talking about usually 35-40 lb difference unlike the usual 10 between other divisions.

Jones walks around 240 lbs and he can easily get stronger if given him time. I have no doubt in my mind that DC would dominate the HW category today, and he's not the greatest striker either. Jones can still control the distance off of his legs alone and only Werdum can give him problems when grappling, his wrestling is elite, on par with DC's, he would dominate these guys, the difference in technique and intelligence is just too much.

Jones after weight cut
usa-today-6200024.0.jpg

Stipe (who doesn't even cut weight)
Stipe-Miocic.jpg

If there isn't that much difference one day after the weight cut, imagine if he didn't have to do it.

Last edited:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ima need to see Jones fight like 1-2 fights in a row consistently. HW isn't out of the realm. I think everyone in there besides Cain and Werdum relies on their power. That's why I really wanted to see Johnson vs Jones because if he could get around Rumble he can work his way in HW.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
That's the same problem JDS has always had. He backs himself into the cage over and over. Cain exploited it to two ass beatings and Stipe nearly exploited it to a near win a few years ago. Stipe is better now, that's why I picked him

Cain can fukk off. That guy never fights. The fukk I want to see him get a title shot when he most likely won't show up?
He's has no pivot.

If he would check book off the cage and pivot back out to the center of the ring he's be a better fighter because people aren't trying to grapple him like that outside of cain