UFC 211 [5/13] "Everything's Bigger In Texas" (Dos Santos/Miocic, Jerzzkkjjk/Andrade, Maia/Masvidal)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Great ppv probably the best since NY if I'm not mistaken. Some really great battles

I knew not to give a shyt about the main event JDS has just been through so many wars. Stipe again finishes a fight before we could see him lose, I ain't sold on his run but good luck to him the division needs stability

What can be said about JJ, another sublime clinic, sadly for us that was the last legit contender for a while. As for her I don't see how she doesn't pass at least Jones or GSP........ in defences

:mjlol: Who was the idiot that was arguing with me about yair vs Edgar being a mismatch, probably the lowest point of the night. Played out exactly the way anyone that watches MMA would assume. No one thought Edgar was old and it was too soon to throw Yair to the wolves Sean Shelby is an idiot

The commentating combo is insufferable especially during the casey/aguilar, masvidal/maia and the poirer/eddy controversy. If you are calling a fight in a state not using the new rules stop overcomplicating shyt by talking about damage or "was that a 10-8". Maia clearly had that fight in the bag they were talking nonsense.

Going in on herb when they have the luxury of instant reply and even with it they were still not sure if the knee was legal or not initially, was surprised with Joe. He's been making a lot of mistakes lately

C_wtsjaV0AASmyU.jpg
How could any man be ok with his woman looking like that? I think pat barry has got homo in his genes:francis: Holly/Valentina are such 2 faces, depending on the day and lightning they can be rough or presentable, looks like it was Valentina day to look like a bull dyke..:scust:

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great ppv probably the best since NY if I'm not mistaken. Some really great battles

I knew not to give a shyt about the main event JDS has just been through so many wars. Stipe again finishes a fight before we could see him lose, I ain't sold on his run but good luck to him the division needs stability

What can be said about JJ, another sublime clinic, sadly for us that was the last legit contender for a while. As for her I don't see how she doesn't pass at least Jones or GSP........ in defences

:mjlol: Who was the idiot that was arguing with me about yair vs Edgar being a mismatch, probably the lowest point of the night. Played out exactly the way anyone that watches MMA would assume. No one thought Edgar was old and it was too soon to throw Yair to the wolves Sean Shelby is an idiot

The commentating combo is insufferable especially during the casey/aguilar, masvidal/maia and the poirer/eddy controversy. If you are calling a fight in a state not using the new rules stop overcomplicating shyt by talking about damage or "was that a 10-8". Maia clearly had that fight in the bag they were talking nonsense.

Going in on herb when they have the luxury of instant reply and even with it they were still not sure if the knee was legal or not initially, was surprised with Joe. He's been making a lot of mistakes lately

How could any man be ok with his woman looking like that? I think pat barry has got homo in his genes:francis: Holly/Valentina are such 2 faces, depending on the day and lightning they can be rough or presentable, looks like it was Valentina day to look like a bull dyke..:scust:
Maia clearly had the fight in thr bag ??? Really ? He controlled on the ground but was doing zero damage outside of the first round .

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
she is the female dj. she is picking her apart, but it's not fun to watch.
:gucci:That's the karolina K match you must be watching the fight last night was against Andrade and it was a masterclass in MMA

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Maia clearly had the fight in thr bag ??? Really ? He controlled on the ground but was doing zero damage outside of the first round .
The were fighting under the "unified rules" Maia took the fight to where he wanted it and ate the clock attempting the RNC, that's called octagon control. What's damage got to do with it? Are you forgetting the flawed system fighters have exploited from time?

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Yairs loss wasn't as bad as I thought. Got destroyed on the ground but never stopped going for submissions, never stopped fighting. Definitely too much too soon though. I was on the hype train so the loss still sucked.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yairs loss wasn't as bad as I thought. Got destroyed on the ground but never stopped going for submissions, never stopped fighting. Definitely too much too soon though. I was on the hype train so the loss still sucked.
Huge step up. Only one to beat edgar at that weight was Aldo. Lets not forget he KTFO chad mendes.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I thought him going for submissions from his back was part of the problem, he should have been working on trying to get back to his feet. I didn't see much of an effort to scramble or work his back up against the cage, that's what they should have been drilling over and over during camp.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just being real. He fights the same way he's always fought. Difference is - people are scared to engage him now for whatever reason so he's getting knockout wins instead of decisions over Roy Nelson or losses against Stefan Struve. He's slow, fights ugly as hell, and always gets tagged up. I'm telling you, it will take some newcomer that isn't intimidated by this dude to expose him.

Stipe legit aint no expose. His skillset is pretty regular and not flashy but he does a lot of the little things right. Fighting behind his punches, can handle himself in stand up grapples, footwork etc. Most importantly he has STAMINA. That and some durability can put any heavyweight in top 10 consideration.He improved a bunch.

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought him going for submissions from his back was part of the problem, he should have been working on trying to get back to his feet. I didn't see much of an effort to scramble or work his back up against the cage, that's what they should have been drilling over and over during camp.
EXACTLY this is why I can't fukk with BJJ based styled fighters in general. The scrambling and getting back up against the cage is MMA wrestling. A lot of BJJ offensive manuvers is off the back but I just can't cosign the idea of trying to stage your offensive in a non dominant position. All that setting up submissions is fine and dandy when you rolling in a strictly BJJ environment but it's different if dudes can punch you in the face.

Then these BJJ dudes wonder why they get mauled by wrestlers, cause you spent the fight on your back trying to fish out a loose limb while getting punched in the face for 15 minutes

Sprawl and brawl>>>>>>>

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nah bruh

Stipe legit bruh aint no expose. His skillset is pretty regular and not flashy but he does a lot of the little things right. Fighting behind his punches, can handle himself in stand up grapples, footwork etc. He improved a bunch.
A lot of people aren't sold on Stipe cause
A. He lost to Stefan Struve an eternity ago
B. He's not flashy at all. There's nothing that really stands out about his game. He's a meat and potatoes fighter. However, he's really, really fukking good at everything. I think he would beat Cain too. Cain gets very overrated to me. He beat JDS, who had a hell of a run in his prime but in retrospect turns out is a really good match up for Cain with how he backs up into the fence over and over. Outside of those JDS wins, Cain's resume isn't all that. I think Stipe's resume is at leaat comparable, if not better

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
B. He's not flashy at all. There's nothing that really stands out about his game. He's a meat and potatoes fighter. However, he's really, really fukking good at everything. I think he would beat Cain too. Cain gets very overrated to me. He beat JDS, who had a hell of a run in his prime but in retrospect turns out is a really good match up for Cain with how he backs up into the fence over and over. Outside of those JDS wins, Cain's resume isn't all that. I think Stipe's resume is at leaat comparable, if not better

Yeah, it's a bugout how slept on Stipe is imo. I was hardpressed not to say he's in the all time great HW discussion at this point when I started putting together my event recap. Here's his five fight win streak up to and including winning the HW belt and tying the record for consecutive defenses of the title; Mark Hunt (TKO 5th round), Andre Arlovski (KO 1st), Fabricio Werdum (KO 1st), Alistair Overeem (KO 1st), Junior Dos Santos (KO 1st)....That's three former champions and all five guys are well regarded in the history of the division; all of them KO'ed and all but one KO'ed in the first round. It's one of the best runs for any heavyweight ever imho and I'd have to really look around for comparable runs (Fedor's long streak probably fits but I remember some freak fights mixed with the legit ones so I gotta look back at it).

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin

cains a bad dude. wish he stayed healthy. i wanna see another run from him. his era was one of the best for hw