UFC 234 [2/9] “More Trash Than The Great Barrier Reef” (Whittaker Pulls Out, Silva/Adesanya)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmao, Israel clearly carried Anderson Silva and could've finished the fight he round 1 if he wanted, he clearly didn't want to beat the hell out of anderson and he too old to take a beating so basically just jabbed him with swole his eye and telegraphed the high kicks to make it look good for the audience

Bruh think about it for a second, a spectacular knockout would have looked best for the audience and put Israel into the stratosphere

He was being cautious. Silva has good ground game. I agree he could have went a little harder in certain stretches of the fight but acting like he drew it out as a courtesy to the fans is laughable

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Keep it reality, Silva is a lhw cutting down to mw. Prime Silva will swarm and tko or UD Adesanya. It's one thing to know Silva's tendencies but it wouldn't be as easy as it is now to deal with it.

Adesanya got good fight instincts.

But seeing Silva hit with his own laser jabs and straights were unreal.

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Silva didn't do as bad considering he had a 2 year layoff.

I would like him to see him fight Uriah Hall - they were supposed to fight last year, and that would be a fun fight.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh think about it for a second, a spectacular knockout would have looked best for the audience and put Israel into the stratosphere

He was being cautious. Silva has good ground game. I agree he could have went a little harder in certain stretches of the fight but acting like he drew it out as a courtesy to the fans is laughable

He didn't want to fukk silva up, or make him look bad, israel is an aggressive figher he's not a counter fighter like israel and the leg kicks landed at will but he didn't throw them like he could have if he was trying to fukk him up

If Israel brutally KO'd Silva it would affect Silva for the rest of his life, cormier went easy on silva too, you don't think he could've taken him down and beat the crap out of him, you are kidding yourself

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Not at all

Mentally he is not the same fighter, looked like he was just in there trying to have fun, instead of winning.

2007 Anderson would wash all these mws imo
He is just trying to put on a show for the fans these last few fights he has. He's already the goat. Nothing left to prove. I think it's more physical like he knows his body can't so what he could at 30, so it probably effects his mentality.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Keep it reality, Silva is a lhw cutting down to mw. Prime Silva will swarm and tko or UD Adesanya. It's one thing to know Silva's tendencies but it wouldn't be as easy as it is now to deal with it.

Adesanya got good fight instincts.

But seeing Silva hit with his own laser jabs and straights were unreal.
He's not any where a lhw. When he fought at lhw he didn't even have to cut weight. Jon Jones weighs 225-230. Silva weighs like 205-210. Woodley weighs like 200 at ww. Frankly Israel could make 170. He's a smaller mw.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
He didn't want to fukk silva up, or make him look bad, israel is an aggressive figher he's not a counter fighter like israel and the leg kicks landed at will but he didn't throw them like he could have if he was trying to fukk him up

If Israel brutally KO'd Silva it would affect Silva for the rest of his life, cormier went easy on silva too, you don't think he could've taken him down and beat the crap out of him, you are kidding yourself
I see Why you have that hall of shame badge.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Silva didn't do as bad considering he had a 2 year layoff.

I would like him to see him fight Uriah Hall - they were supposed to fight last year, and that would be a fun fight.
They better gift him is last fight in Brazil. Wonder who is will be against

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see Why you have that hall of shame badge.

Because i said pac was an easy fight for mayweather look how that turned out

Add you the list if butt hurt man child who cant handle facts

Andersob looked slow and weak fight was a step above sparring israel could have turned up the hit at any moment and fuccked anderson up the fact you cant see proves you dont know what you are looking at

I mean look what he did to Andersons eye witg a couple jabs he clearly was going at pace nor to overwhelm anderson

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because i said pac was an easy fight for mayweather look how that turned out

Add you the list if butt hurt man child who cant handle facts

Andersob looked slow and weak fight was a step above sparring israel could have turned up the hit at any moment and fuccked anderson up the fact you cant see proves you dont know what you are looking at

I mean look what he did to Andersons eye witg a couple jabs he clearly was going at pace nor to overwhelm anderson

Why though?

It’s a fight. They are getting paid to fight. Adesanya is a highlight reel fighter. Why wouldn’t he go for the KO and end it round 1?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why though?

It’s a fight. They are getting paid to fight. Adesanya is a highlight reel fighter. Why wouldn’t he go for the KO and end it round 1?

So what its called respect, he knew he could beat silva but chose no to punish him

like when Canelo fought Cotto, he could've easily brutalize Cotto but chose to box him on the outside because he didn't want hurt an older legend when he could easily win without punishing him

why do you think mike tyson want to fukk up larry holmes, because when holmes fought Ali he could've easily won without dealing too much punishment to Ali but he beat the hell out of him

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Adesanya didn't look like he was trying to knock Silva out at all

Fight looked like an intense sparring match tbh :manny: they were mostly showcasing technique and speed

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
Adesanya didn't look like he was trying to knock Silva out at all

Fight looked like an intense sparring match tbh :manny: they were mostly showcasing technique and speed

So him throwing all those hard head kicks, elbows, and knees was him holding back?

Lol Na he wasn’t holding back.