UFC 235 [3/2] “Does Jon Still Have The Juice?” (Jon Jones/Anthony Smith, Marty Usman/Tyron Woodley)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Jon Jones

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Anthony Smith

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Tyron Woodley

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Kamaru “Marty” Usman

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old Woodley came out kinda where he favors his swinging overhand right

Jones really lucky Smith didn’t take that belt

I think Woodley can beat Usman but he’s gonna get buried.

Jones could literally clean out the division again against Santos and Reyes.

Cody is who we thought who he was.

I would love to see Zabit against Ortega
Thats the same Woodley in every fight, backup to the cage and hope to land the overhand right, Usman avoided it and Woodley had no other avenue to win

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Thats the same Woodley in every fight, backup to the cage and hope to land the overhand right, Usman avoided it and Woodley had no other avenue to win
Yes and no. Woodley really ain’t really throw it or work him off the clinch. He had an off night. Usman handled his tho

Daps
Yes and no. Woodley really ain’t really throw it or work him off the clinch. He had an off night. Usman handled his tho

He ain't throw it because Usman circled off the center line away from the right every time he was in range and also because he was scared of getting slammed to the ground. Couldn't work him off the clinch because Usman is bigger, taller, and stronger, with longer limbs which meant better leverage and grip control.

Woodley has literally 2 ways of winning a fight; he backs into the fence to either explode with a right hand if guys like Till and Wonderboy drop their hands and stand in front of him or explode into a takedown on guys who can't reliably defend it. If the fighter doesn't present him a stationary target for his right hand and can predict/stuff his takedowns he straight up has zero offense, which is how Rory and Usman exploited and dominated him.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He ain't throw it because Usman circled off the center line away from the right every time he was in range and also because he was scared of getting slammed to the ground. Couldn't work him off the clinch because Usman is bigger, taller, and stronger, with longer limbs which meant better leverage and grip control.

Woodley has literally 2 ways of winning a fight; he backs into the fence to either explode with a right hand if guys like Till and Wonderboy drop their hands and stand in front of him or explode into a takedown on guys who can't reliably defend it. If the fighter doesn't present him a stationary target for his right hand and can predict/stuff his takedowns he straight up has zero offense, which is how Rory and Usman exploited and dominated him.

He would have you believe that. I understand he favors his right heavy. If Woodley ever gets to rematch him I think it will be different. Usman was def hungry and I think Woodley over exerted himself with things outside the octagon. But that’s neither here nor there. Usman did what he had to do and embrace the moment. Woodley didn’t plain and simple.