UFC 280 On ESPN+ PPV [10/22 @ 2 pm ET] “Saturday Matinee: Return To Fight Island” (Oliveira/Makhachev, Sterling/Dillashaw, Yan/O’Malley)

Who Wins Saturday Afternoon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Think Charles just had a off night, could be what you saying that the moment got to him and mentally he just wasn't there

Also with Islam he followed him to the ground, where most guys won't do that and surprised everyone with that arm triangle. Also it seems that Charles is still bothered how everything went do with the stripping/not giving the title back in that post fight. His run to the title was one of my favorites in mma history

With Suga, he proved hes not completely over hyped with the Yan fight , close fight but wouldn't give him the title shot. I think Chito deserves it more right now

Would rather have him fight Kattar(if he wins) or someone like Ricky Simon and go from there
Kattar is 145

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Despite what you think of the decision Sean and Khamzat prove the rankings are bullshyt. Even Gamrot was giving Beniel a hard time. They really need to get rid of them. This is MMA anyone can beat anyone

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Despite what you think of the decision Sean and Khamzat prove the rankings are bullshyt. Even Gamrot was giving Beniel a hard time. They really need to get rid of them. This is MMA anyone can beat anyone

What?

Gamrot was 3/16 in takedowns, and could do absolutely nothing to Beniel on the ground. He was stuffed repeatedly and was clearly outclassed standing up. There was no time that Beniel was in any sort of danger.

Daps
Islam's post-fight interview was great, even though I'm not really hyped about him vs. Volk.

Hoping Charles can still stay in the fold, either way it was great seeing him reach what people once thought was lost potential. One of my favorite runs ever :banderas:

Aljo has really cemented himself as champ, gonna be interested to see what they do next for him cause Dana didn't seem too adamant on giving Sean or Merab a title shot. Will probably be Vera then.

I kinda feel for Yan, that illegal knee in the first Aljo fight completely derailed him at the moment. In spite of the circumstances and opinions, his record now reads as 3 consecutive losses. He can definitely bounce back with a couple wins, but he's in a rough spot.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Islam's post-fight interview was great, even though I'm not really hyped about him vs. Volk.

Hoping Charles can still stay in the fold, either way it was great seeing him reach what people once thought was lost potential. One of my favorite runs ever :banderas:

Aljo has really cemented himself as champ, gonna be interested to see what they do next for him cause Dana didn't seem too adamant on giving Sean or Merab a title shot. Will probably be Vera then.

I kinda feel for Yan, that illegal knee in the first Aljo fight completely derailed him at the moment. In spite of the circumstances and opinions, his record now reads as 3 consecutive losses. He can definitely bounce back with a couple wins, but he's in a rough spot.
2 Ls, he had the Sandhagen fight in between the 2 Aljo fights.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Theres a lot of ways to get out of an arm triangle. At the time Charles was rocked and like you said this is the first time in a long time someone followed him to the floor.

Even in the striking though he stood his ground with way better strikers than Islam. This fight it’s like he held back. I don’t think I saw him throw many elbows.

If O Malley wants the title he’s going to have to become a grappling expert. Aljo is not going to lose to Chito so O Malley is next. Petr exposed a huge whole in Sean’s game
It's different when you fight somebody fearless.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
No way they can jump Vera and give Omalley a title shot, he has been scared to even mention Vera's name since he took that L.

Might aswell make Yan Omalley rematch as the fight was so good, 5 rounds this time.

Vera deserves a shot

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Just feel like he felt mentally he wasn’t prepped. Could be the location or maybe something happened outside of the cage. Oliveria wasn’t fighting like his usual killer self. Not to take away from Islams performance but I don’t think we got that killer we’ve been seeing in past fights.
He just got overwhelmed by wrestling pressure. Not too much to read into it.

You can tell Islam was a lot stronger than he expected.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
What?

Gamrot was 3/16 in takedowns, and could do absolutely nothing to Beniel on the ground. He was stuffed repeatedly and was clearly outclassed standing up. There was no time that Beniel was in any sort of danger.
Beniel was on defense most of the fight. Dariush was slow and flat footed when it came to the striking.