UFC 293 On ESPN+ PPV [9/9 at 10 pm ET] “Viewer Discretion Is Advised” (Sean Strickland/Israel Adesanya)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Still waiting on @FaTaL to tell me how he had it tied after 3 rounds :dwillhuh:
math-calculating.gif

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Man I’m a fan of Izzy but Strick whooped his ass..:manny:

His style is so weird…Strick even uses the Philly shell stance which is uncommon for a MMA fighter. This fight exposed Izzy’s inability to deal with constant pressure more than the Pereira fights did. Izzy didn’t take this crazy cac serious at all.

I’m not even mad….It’s hard to not like Strickland and he deserves it but Izzy gonna have to get his shyt together for the rematch.

Though it would never happen cuz boxing pays wayyyyy more. Im convinced A bud crawford lite would dominate ufc (good/great boxer with wrestling bg).

I dont think weve ever seen someone like that. Because if youre a world class boxer, youre boxing for way more money so its no point to entertain mma.

Im really curious what his corner was telling him

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I’m a fan of Izzy but Strick whooped his ass..:manny:

His style is so weird…Strick even uses the Philly shell stance which is uncommon for a MMA fighter. This fight exposed Izzy’s inability to deal with constant pressure more than the Pereira fights did. Izzy didn’t take this crazy cac serious at all.

I’m not even mad….It’s hard to not like Strickland and he deserves it but Izzy gonna have to get his shyt together for the rematch.
His timing was awkward too

Cormier had it right when he said Strickland's style was making him uncomfortable. That shyt was making me uncomfortable too:mjlol:

profound

technique
Daps
The game cover curse, betting my house on Grasso right now.

in the last fight i bet grasso, mainly just playing the odds and because i fell behind on my other dogs :pachaha:

but watching that fight i live bet her again, and by the time i went back for thirds, val was done.

seeing that gave me the same feeling as watching dc/stipe 2, ''i cant wait for the rematch''. i didnt see it as a lucky win at all

now i saw val come out this week and she looks much older, receding hairline pushed back further, and in the fight game when u have fighters in denial of how they lost, it's usually a bad recipe.

i will be all in on alexa myself, cant wait.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
isn't it crazy that this nikka Iggy made zero adjustments in the fight?

These nikkas always talking about him like he has crazy fight IQ, but yet he didn't switch up anything.
He made the adjustments they just weren't effective. He tried all of his shyt but Strickland's defense was too strong

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
He made the adjustments they just weren't effective. He tried all of his shyt but Strickland's defense was too strong
what adjustments did he make?

this fights really showed how limited his bag is as a striker.

for a nikka so tall with that kinda leverage why doesn’t he have any kinda clinch game like Anderson and jones?

no oblique kicks, no front kick, no teeps

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps

for a nikka so tall with that kinda leverage why doesn’t he have any kinda clinch game like Anderson and jones?

I believe Izzy can do it all in the striking category. He made zero adjustments. He got beat physically and mentally. Izzy use to be a boxer, not just a kickboxer. He should have just engaged in the midrange…..he never wanted to.

Izzy should probably work with a different team if they fight again, but it probably won’t happen.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And to your point about kicks Strickland wasn't allowing him the space to get any of that shyt off

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Let's not forget about Bo Nickal

Bo not going to be a contender anytime soon. Bo made a comment stating that he is ok with not being as active as some other fighters. If Khamzat runs through Costa though…..

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Bo not going to be a contender anytime soon. Bo made a comment stating that he is ok with not being as active as some other fighters. If Khamzat runs through Costa though…..
Sounds like ufc gonna expedite the rise