UFC 293 On ESPN+ PPV [9/9 at 10 pm ET] “Viewer Discretion Is Advised” (Sean Strickland/Israel Adesanya)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. Definitely those two.

I'd even wager that an MMA Fighter that is a great boxer and "just" good wrestler would probably run the sport.

I mean, it's rare to even find a MMA kat that has even decent head movement. Some of the greatest UFC KOs have come from dudes literally walking into telegraphed punches:mjlol:
I still randomly bust out laughing at that Sterling KO from last month:dead:

And we see how dominant Khabib was with just wrestling :huhldup:

BigBrown21

All Star
Daps
That was some impressive stuff by Strickland, I thought he had a better chance to win by TKO and he almost did it in the first. I didn't expect him to win a unanimous decision against Izzy like that. Strickland's boxing based fundamentals really worked against Izzy's kickboxing style.

Daps
That was some impressive stuff by Strickland, I thought he had a better chance to win by TKO and he almost did it in the first. I didn't expect him to win a unanimous decision against Izzy like that. Strickland's boxing based fundamentals really worked against Izzy's kickboxing style.

Mma boxing >>>>mma kickboxing

Strong boxing fundamentals almost always beats good kickboxers

Being a good boxer/grappler in mma will prob guarantee success which is why I believe Colby has a chance against Leon Edwards

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
in the last fight i bet grasso, mainly just playing the odds and because i fell behind on my other dogs :pachaha:

but watching that fight i live bet her again, and by the time i went back for thirds, val was done.

seeing that gave me the same feeling as watching dc/stipe 2, ''i cant wait for the rematch''. i didnt see it as a lucky win at all

now i saw val come out this week and she looks much older, receding hairline pushed back further, and in the fight game when u have fighters in denial of how they lost, it's usually a bad recipe.

i will be all in on alexa myself, cant wait.
Yep, I haven't rewatch it but I remember Alexa having success in the first and then again in the third when she adjusted her stance to deal with the grappling, before the finish she was outstriking Val and making her panic wrestler.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I still randomly bust out laughing at that Sterling KO from last month:dead:

And we see how dominant Khabib was with just wrestling :huhldup:

Khabib wasn't a deer in the headlights on the feet though, and was rather comfortable. Khabib's wrestling is so good that it makes him look like a one-trick, but its not like he was getting absolutely destroyed standing up. Most uncomfortable he looked was probably against Johnson.

Khabib was a lot more well-rounded than people give him credit for

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Khabib wasn't a deer in the headlights on the feet though, and was rather comfortable. Khabib's wrestling is so good that it makes him look like a one-trick, but its not like he was getting absolutely destroyed standing up. Most uncomfortable he looked was probably against Johnson.

Khabib was a lot more well-rounded than people give him credit for
I never said he was a bum with his hands or a one trick pony tho. The point was his wrestling was so strong it did most of the work for him

Countering a takedown attempt was one thing but Khabib's shooting was so fast nikkas couldn't do shyt:mjlol:

profound

technique
Daps
Yep, I haven't rewatch it but I remember Alexa having success in the first and then again in the third when she adjusted her stance to deal with the grappling, before the finish she was outstriking Val and making her panic wrestler.

now u reminded me of the fight, when Alexa got put in the crucifix I considered my bet dead in the water and walked away.

came back a moment later and saw her throwing with confidence and Val looking red in the face, that’s when I scrambled to double up.

i didn’t see the odds in a long time before tonight, last I saw Alexa was +190, she is now +136 :gucci:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I never said he was a bum with his hands or a one trick pony tho. The point was his wrestling was so strong it did most of the work for him

Countering a takedown attempt was one thing but Khabib's shooting was so fast nikkas couldn't do shyt:mjlol:

Wasn't arguing, brodie :salute:

Just adding onto the discussion

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what adjustments did he make?

this fights really showed how limited his bag is as a striker.

for a nikka so tall with that kinda leverage why doesn’t he have any kinda clinch game like Anderson and jones?

no oblique kicks, no front kick, no teeps
I don't want to shyt on dude just cause he lost but yeah i'm disappointed in his clinch work.