UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs. Bader

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
What are you saying? Bader looked great in that fight, he dropped Glover twice and was doing very well [until he got tko'd]. He was beating the #1 LHW contender, so now the UFC should fire him?

Just because Dana and the UFC say some1 is the num1 contender, it doesn't mean I gotta rate em as a top teir fighter. They also said Sonnen was a num1 contender for Jon Jones coming off a loss and not fighting at that weight class in years, so what does being called #1 contender really mean these days?

I look back at some of Bader's fights the last 3/4 years and none of them are really all that impressive to me. Beating up the old man Vlad, big whoop. Then he wanted to face top talent and he caugt the beats from Machida, lol. He decisioned Rampage, like come on now, every1 decisions Rampage. He's knees are old, his counter punching is slower now. He's basically a big target standing in front of you and Bader couldn't finish him. Oh he finished Jason Brilz though, now thats a top contender, congrats. Lost to old broken man Tito, lost to the champ Jones.

I really don't see any reason for this guy to be main card or main event status. UFC has fired other fighters who have performed better than this. As I've said b4, the sole reason he still there is because he's the great white hype for that division. nuthin more nuthing less.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Got home from work and burned thru the main card late last night. Still have the prelims on the DVR.

All 3 favorites in the big fights did what they needed to do and picked up the victory.

Glover coming back and stopping Bader looked solid. I don't see any way he beats Jones, but I have no problem with him getting the next LHW title shot.

Jacare looked great in quickly dispatching a tough vet in Okami, his striking has really come along and he has real power in his hands. Has to be inching closer to a title shot.

Benavidez continues the impressive streak of Team Alpha Male. That combo he landed to finish Junior with the knee to the body was sick.

The Natal/Troeng fight was a lot of fun with many scrambles on the ground.

Hallmann showed a lot of heart in his sub over Trinaldo. I thought he was done after those body shots had him running away, but he was able to survive Trinaldo's gas tank and tap him out with the rarely seen kimura stoppage.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Just because Dana and the UFC say some1 is the num1 contender, it doesn't mean I gotta rate em as a top teir fighter. They also said Sonnen was a num1 contender for Jon Jones coming off a loss and not fighting at that weight class in years, so what does being called #1 contender really mean these days?

I look back at some of Bader's fights the last 3/4 years and none of them are really all that impressive to me. Beating up the old man Vlad, big whoop. Then he wanted to face top talent and he caugt the beats from Machida, lol. He decisioned Rampage, like come on now, every1 decisions Rampage. He's knees are old, his counter punching is slower now. He's basically a big target standing in front of you and Bader couldn't finish him. Oh he finished Jason Brilz though, now thats a top contender, congrats. Lost to old broken man Tito, lost to the champ Jones.

I really don't see any reason for this guy to be main card or main event status. UFC has fired other fighters who have performed better than this. As I've said b4, the sole reason he still there is because he's the great white hype for that division. nuthin more nuthing less.

But Glover is a top-tier fighter. You're asking the UFC to cut a fighter who put on a great performance against a top 5 LHW in the world. Makes sense.

Bader is in the UFC because he is a top 15 LHW in the world and has a 7-4 record in the UFC. Being white has nothing to do with it. Why do some posters here think that the UFC has some-sort of agenda against black people?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
As much shyt as I may get for this, I hope Weidman defeats Silva in the rematch. I know if Silva wins he wont fight Belfort again nor will he fight Jacare, thus leaving the division in limbo. Those options will be there with Weidman. I kinda of wish Jacare would get the next shot because a fight with Weidman would be intriguing. Both high level BJJ guys even though Jacare has much better striking. I just don't want Jacare fighting gate keepers and cans at 185

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
But Glover is a top-tier fighter. You're asking the UFC to cut a fighter who put on a great performance against a top 5 LHW in the world. Makes sense.

Bader is in the UFC because he is a top 15 LHW in the world and has a 7-4 record in the UFC. Being white has nothing to do with it. Why do some posters here think that the UFC has some-sort of agenda against black people?

It's not that the UFC has something against black ppl, but the UFC in the very end is an entertainment business. It's about making the most money as possible, and sadly to say, in the US money market white equals more money. has there been black champions of course, have blacks md money for the ufc of course, but on a whole, white champs, white fighters is the market in the US for entertainment.

thats nice that you think Bader is a top 15 fighter, but with his record and the history of his actual fights there's no way he should be headlining a card. No way! And if he had finished Glover, there's no way ne1 can argue he's a num1 contender then, no way. His record and the actual entertainment level of his fights in the last 3 years is trash. The top tiered fighters he faced, Bones n Machida he lost, clearly. This is not a guy who should be Main event, nor num1 contender status. Face and win against Vitor, Rashad, Shogun, hendo, phil davis, some1 credible. Some1 not past their prime like Vladimir and Rampage. I love MMA and I luv the UFC, but come on guys, don't stand up for bull$hit like this, Bader as a main event fighter. geezzzz.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
It's not that the UFC has something against black ppl, but the UFC in the very end is an entertainment business. It's about making the most money as possible, and sadly to say, in the US money market white equals more money. has there been black champions of course, have blacks md money for the ufc of course, but on a whole, white champs, white fighters is the market in the US for entertainment.

thats nice that you think Bader is a top 15 fighter, but with his record and the history of his actual fights there's no way he should be headlining a card. No way! And if he had finished Glover, there's no way ne1 can argue he's a num1 contender then, no way. His record and the actual entertainment level of his fights in the last 3 years is trash. The top tiered fighters he faced, Bones n Machida he lost, clearly. This is not a guy who should be Main event, nor num1 contender status. Face and win against Vitor, Rashad, Shogun, hendo, phil davis, some1 credible. Some1 not past their prime like Vladimir and Rampage. I love MMA and I luv the UFC, but come on guys, don't stand up for bull$hit like this, Bader as a main event fighter. geezzzz.

I agree with the bolded. The problem I have is with your statement of cutting him.

You also have to remember that this was a smaller free card in Brazil. Don't always expect decently high named fighters headlining these type of cards.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the only reason glover vs bader was the headliner was to boost up glover's name cuz he was gonna get the next title shot after he beat bader. they fed bader to him. that's really it...and it almost backfired cuz bader nearly beat him. he just got overexcited and sloppy.

made some money off that jacare ko...people thought i was crazy calling that.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
the only reason glover vs bader was the headliner was to boost up glover's name cuz he was gonna get the next title shot after he beat bader. they fed bader to him. that's really it...and it almost backfired cuz bader nearly beat him. he just got overexcited and sloppy.

Yeah thats what I don't agree with. Beating Bader shouldn't equal a title shot, he's not that good, nor top ranked. U shouldn't be fed a lame duck n then giving a title shot. When I think of what a num1 contender should be, I dont see a run up of Bader, Te Huna, Rampage, Fabio and Klingsbury as being all that impressive. I know many fighters duck him or wha eva, but it still doesnt change, those 5 fights don't equal a num1 contender to me. Especially that Bader clipped em, Fabio clipped em. He couldn't finish old man rampage giving him a big slow target.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Can't wait for this boy texiera to get his ass beat by jones then retire. :eat:

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Yeah thats what I don't agree with. Beating Bader shouldn't equal a title shot, he's not that good, nor top ranked. U shouldn't be fed a lame duck n then giving a title shot. When I think of what a num1 contender should be, I dont see a run up of Bader, Te Huna, Rampage, Fabio and Klingsbury as being all that impressive. I know many fighters duck him or wha eva, but it still doesnt change, those 5 fights don't equal a num1 contender to me. Especially that Bader clipped em, Fabio clipped em. He couldn't finish old man rampage giving him a big slow target.

If the UFC goes by your logic, champions would be sitting out for an extended period of time just waiting for an opponent.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
If the UFC goes by your logic, champions would be sitting out for an extended period of time just waiting for an opponent.

Not tru, its called force your top fighters to fight each other. Stop being so nice, and lettin em duck each other and still collect a pay chq.

I don't fully blame Glover, I blame Silva, Lorenzo, Dana n da shoguns who keep ducking dude. Dudes been in UFC this long and hasn't fought a Shogun, Rashad, machida, hendo even a phil davis yet. These are the usual suspects in the road to a championship fight. But its looking like these days its James Te Huna and Vlad the impaler are the keys to a title shot, as Glover and Gus faced them both.

The reason why every1 loved Pride and it had so many great fights, was because we didnt have to wait for championship fights for top guys to face each other. 1st and 2nd rounds in tourneys and jus reg bad blood use to lead to some epic fights. But UFC, every1 is scared to lose, scared to fight and then when fight they busy going for the safe decision.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Not tru, its called force your top fighters to fight each other. Stop being so nice, and lettin em duck each other and still collect a pay chq.

I don't fully blame Glover, I blame Silva, Lorenzo, Dana n da shoguns who keep ducking dude. Dudes been in UFC this long and hasn't fought a Shogun, Rashad, machida, hendo even a phil davis yet. These are the usual suspects in the road to a championship fight. But its looking like these days its James Te Huna and Vlad the impaler are the keys to a title shot, as Glover and Gus faced them both.

The reason why every1 loved Pride and it had so many great fights, was because we didnt have to wait for championship fights for top guys to face each other. 1st and 2nd rounds in tourneys and jus reg bad blood use to lead to some epic fights. But UFC, every1 is scared to lose, scared to fight and then when fight they busy going for the safe decision.

I think I had this argument before with you but after this fight I have to agree with you. I would like to see Glover/Phil fight first as that will be a true test for both men. But I see that Silva doesnt want to cancel both of them out as I believe they want Jones fighting often until Cormier drops down. They will have do Glover/Bones probably for that superbowl show and then give Davis a washed Shogun to dominate so he can have a justify his shot after Jones defeats Texira.

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I think I had this argument before with you but after this fight I have to agree with you. I would like to see Glover/Phil fight first as that will be a true test for both men. But I see that Silva doesnt want to cancel both of them out as I believe they want Jones fighting often until Cormier drops down. They will have do Glover/Bones probably for that superbowl show and then give Davis a washed Shogun to dominate so he can have a justify his shot after Jones defeats Texira.

Yup, I remember that convo, at least can say I'm consistent lol. I remember it basically came down to the top guys not wanting to fight Glover as the reason his opponent list has been a bit soft at best. I dunno what it is with this LHW division but every1 is scared of fightin each other unless Sonnen calls you out. LIke Sonnen really got more power than Dana/silva these days. In the lower weights, dudes are calling each other out every fight, they jumpin at fights at WW, LW. Even the HW's are callin shots and itching to fight. But seems like these LHW's are all at the point in their career that they 've got sum money in the bank and gettin comfortable and jus wanna enjoy the life now.