shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Anybody pick this up?

51bhOPMTZ2L.jpg

The Ultimate Death Row Collection - Various Artists | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic

Was watching Straight Outta Compton recently and thought to do some reading on the label and it's multiple transfers of ownership. Looks like this might have been the last thing to be put out. Wondering if there is any fire tracks on here?

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
That's the write up...

"After releasing a collection of Snoop outtakes plus their “Re-Lit” version of Dr. Dre’s The Chronic, the WIDEawake Entertainment group continued their unleashing of Death Row Records vault with their most ambitious project yet. The Ultimate Death Row Collection kicks off with a disc full of hits from the infamous West Coast label’s heyday. With “Gin & Juice” (Snoop Dogg), “Nuthin’ But a “G” Thang” (Dr. Dre), “I Ain’t Mad at Cha” (2Pac), “Regulate” (Warren G.), and a slew of others, it’s a whirlwind of vital G-Funk hits and West Coast classics that finishes on a high note, the fan favorite “Afro Puffs” (Lady of Rage). Disc two and three are where things get interesting, as a series of unreleased and rare tracks present an alternative-reality version of Death Row. From the LBC Crew’s ominous “Six Shooter” to Soopafly’s underappreciated party cut “This Type of Flow,” the collection makes the Row seem much more active and diverse than most will remember. Add to that undiscovered gems like Kurupt throwing some beef Too Short’s way (“Everybody Needs to Slow Down”) Danny Boy delivering a prime G-Funk ballad ( “Rock, Roll, & Bounce”), and Petey Pablo in Death Row mode (“Spit Game”), and there’s plenty here for West Coast fans to savor. One wishes the liner notes were beefier or that all the "Producer Unknown” credits were resolved, though, and putting classic tracks like 2Pac’s “All Eyez on Me” amongst the rarities makes this collection seem confused. Still, these are minor complaints, and when a collection shifts the mystery from “what did it all sound like?” to “why weren’t these great tracks big hits?”, it’s an easy recommendation."

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
The only release/box set I would like to see is the big 4 of The Chronic, Doggystyle, AEOM and either Dogg Food or Above The Rim OST. BUT to entice me to buy the box set it would have to be the original track listing of Doggystyle, a version of the chronic with unreleased songs ornunreeased versions like Mr Officer, a copy of Above The Rim with Pain on the album, and AEOM with some different versions or something included, probably have Hit Em Up on there at least. Plus it would have to have mad liner notes and new booklets and all that. You don't just release a box set with all old shyt that everyone already has what's the point of that

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
@Cheech&Chong

I tried linking it to Amazon, link wasn't showing up, went to their homepage.

The Ultimate Death Row Collection [CD & DVD] [PA]

Track Listings
Disc: 1
  1. California Love
  2. Nuthin' But A "G" Thang
  3. Gin & Juice
  4. How Dow You Want It
  5. F**k Wit Dre Day (And Everybody's Celebratin')
  6. Who Am I (What's My Name)
  7. Regulate
  8. I Ain't Mad At Cha
  9. Let Me Ride
  10. Doggy Dogg World
  11. 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted
  12. To Live & Die in L.A.
  13. Murder Was The Case
  14. New York, New York
  15. Afro Puffs
Disc: 2
  1. 6 Shooter
  2. Everybody Needs To Slow Down
  3. With Me Tonight
  4. Sticky Situation
  5. Rock, Roll & Bounce
  6. Consider Me
  7. That Was Then, This Is Now
  8. All Eyez On Me
  9. I Don't Care What People Say
  10. These Reasons
  11. Ain't Got No Time
  12. Doggystyle 1996
  13. Sunday
  14. Super Ho
  15. Never Had A Friend Like Me
Disc: 3
  1. Do It Again
  2. All We Do
  3. So In Love
  4. Spit Game
  5. Natural Born Killaz
  6. 187
  7. Black Diamond
  8. It Might Sound Crazy [Remix]
  9. Big Pimpin'
  10. Caught Up In The Game
  11. Midnight Hour
  12. Ain't No Trippin'
  13. Ain't No Fun
  14. Real Thugs
  15. This Type of Flow
Product Information
Label Wideawake Entertainment Group
Number of discs 4
ASIN B002PY9CI0
Best Sellers Rank 27971

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
the best material from Death Row is already out, they just out for a quick buck with these compilations