Undisputed 140 King: Terence "Bud" Crawford vs. Julius Indongo (ESPN, Aug 19)

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Come on man. How is Crawford #2 P4P, but Canelo is #4, Loma #6, and Mikey #7 when Crawford has a worse resume than all of them? :dwillhuh:

Yall hyping the hell outta him:hubie:

Swifts resume, especially before losing to Thurman, was 2x as good as Crawford's is today....but yall would've :mjlol:'d @ChocolateGiddyUp straight off the board if he ever said Swift was #2 P4P, but Crawford getting that type of praise after beating someone who cant throw a straight punch:snoop:
I said "not necessary in order" :stopitslime:
those are my top 10 and only Ward being #1 is fix on it

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Like I said, Thurman, Spence, and Crawford will run 147. If you stan another fighter you are shyt out of luck. :mjgrin:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Like I said, Thurman, Spence, and Crawford will run 147. If you stan another fighter you are shyt out of luck. :mjgrin:
I don't want to shyt on Buds night because it is a great accomplishment and he gets all the props........

But......

I don't see Bud being in Spence's and Thurman's echelon at 147. Those are 147ers that could possibly run 154. I honestly think Bud gets beat soundly by either of the 2. I'm still not sold on Bud washing an old Pac at 147, I think it's competitive. I just need to see him beat an elite fighter or even a slightly past his prime HOFer before I believe he can run 147

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I don't want to shyt on Buds night because it is a great accomplishment and he gets all the props........

But......

I don't see Bud being in Spence's and Thurman's echelon at 147. Those are 147ers that could possibly run 154. I honestly think Bud gets beat soundly by either of the 2. I'm still not sold on Bud washing an old Pac at 147, I think it's competitive. I just need to see him beat an elite fighter or even a slightly past his prime HOFer before I believe he can run 147

It's ok if you think that he would lose to Thurman and Spence but do you base that opinion on simply that he didn't show YET that he can beat that level?

I mean... Spence's best win was Algieri or Bundu before Brook I still thought he gonna beat Brook and that's how it happened.

Spence is a terminator in 147 so even with all the worldclass skills and ring iq of Crawford I see that as a 50-50 right now but imo he beats Thurman.

I'm a fan of One Time too but I see more holes in his game than Crawford's. He's bigger than Crawford but not that physical fighter he rather fights in spurts jumps in and out but not a brawler or pressure fighter. Crawford also has a slight reach advantage on him.
Thurman beat higher level opponents so far but based just on my eye test Crawford would beat him.

He seems a little faster than One Time to me, also he has a little better defence and a tighter, more polished technique. One of Thurman's bad habits is that he likes to lunge in. Not as bad as it was with Indongo so of course TC would have a harder time with him but I believe that Crawford would stay on the outside and after 3-4 rounds he would get his timing down and relying on his speed advantage would punish Thurnan every time he jumpes/lunges in from the outside.

Just my breakdown though...
How do you see it playing out?

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

But......

I understand the reasoning and logic. I am projecting what I think I see with Crawford when he does get those fights.

Personally I have Spence number 1, Crawford 2, and Thurman 3 at 147....and I am a Thurman stan. I think Craw takes Thurman apart. :sadbron:

I think all 3 beat Manny now. I know triangle theories don't work, but Spence, Thurman, and Crawford would have all made pretty easy work of Horn. At this point I really see no benefit of Manny fighting Crawford. Crawford doesn't really help Manny's paycheck and I think Manny loses. Manny should try to extend his career vs. B and C fighters as long as he can. Done at an A level IMO.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I understand the reasoning and logic. I am projecting what I think I see with Crawford when he does get those fights.

Personally I have Spence number 1, Crawford 2, and Thurman 3 at 147....and I am a Thurman stan. I think Craw takes Thurman apart. :sadbron:

I think all 3 beat Manny now. I know triangle theories don't work, but Spence, Thurman, and Crawford would have all made pretty easy work of Horn. At this point I really see no benefit of Manny fighting Crawford. Crawford doesn't really help Manny's paycheck and I think Manny loses. Manny should try to extend his career vs. B and C fighters as long as he can. Done at an A level IMO.
How do you have Crawford ahead of Thurman at 147 with no experience at 147 and no A list wins at 140? Have some faith in One Time breh.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
How do you have Crawford ahead of Thurman at 147 with no experience at 147 and no A list wins at 140? Have some faith in One Time breh.
If we are ranking official rankings I have Thurman ahead. But if we are going off honesty and let fights play out I think Spence beats Craw and Thurman, and Craw beats Thurman.

Thurman prefers to box from the outside and I think Craw boxes better and can go either hand. Also think Craw's power will carry fine up to 147 and believe the detractors who question Craw's chin will be proven wrong.

I have faith in Thurman, but also not going to be ignorant to is weaknesses. Also like Spence and Crawford, so happy to stan the fact that Spence, Crawford, and Thurman will run 147 and are better than others favorite fighters at that weight class. :win:

Last edited:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
But just like that uncle bob gets the job done.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Loma is a normal sized 130 pounder Crawford is not a super big but quite big 140 pounder
Too big size gap...

isn't Rigo coming up the same amount of weight to fight Loma? this isn't Kel Brook coming to fight GGG - Loma is supposedly a top p4p and next best thing, i'm sure the could find a fight at lightweight - though i don't think Crawford is interested in going back down in weight.

probably a different topic that Lomachenko is a #5 on the Ring p4p and I think Teddy Atlas had him at #1 despite having 10 fights.