Unpopular opinion: Wearing cheap clothes and driving beater cars DOES makes you look dusty and dirty

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I know this will be a hated take since so many people hate designer junkies and all of that jazz. And I get it. Draped in designer is just as bad(for different reasons, mostly it’s just tacky)

However buying the absolute cheapest clothes you can find, is just not a good look. You don’t have to buy the most EXPENSIVE items but if you’re getting all your clothes from Walmart trust me. It will look like it and it will make you look worse.

Same with driving around beat up cars because it saves money. Sure it probably does. But people like me(bosses) will definitely pre judge you if you’re rolling around on donut tires and dented up cars ON TOP of hopping out with faded glory brand clothes.

I don’t make the rules. Don’t hate the player hate the game.
Haven’t seen that name in years lol. There still around?

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
I work for a bank. When I was in office I would see coworkers in beat up cars and trucks. them same people living in half a million dollar homes. Some people choose to put their money in appreciating assets. At that point I realized I didn’t have to get a new car every time I hit 60k miles. My current car is at 40k. imma ride that car out as long as I can in my almost half a million dollar house With no car notes.

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
as long as clothes fit you well and complement your body, I don’t see an issue

It also depends how cheap are we talking a about?

If you buy clothes from gas stations then yeah but if you buy it from retailers like H&M, Uniqlo, Zara… etc then it’s fine

It’s also nice to have some expensive pieces in your wardrobe for special occasions

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA

p7nvua.gif

You can dress dusty and have an old car. As long as your fake jewelry is shined up and your waves are on heavy drip you can eat outchea

King Poetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
Can’t lie

Everytime i see a nikka in a broke down car, with the hubcaps missing, damage on the car , i already know the nikka or bytch look dirty and dusty

And 90% of the time im right

nikka hoping out , hair nappy, dirty t shirt on, jeans crumbled up , but got the new jordan ons

bytches hop out, with a bonnet on, pajamas on, or some thrift store clothes on with that dry wig, and 10 inch nails and eye lashes large as fukk

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I work for a bank. When I was in office I would see coworkers in beat up cars and trucks. them same people living in half a million dollar homes. Some people choose to put their money in appreciating assets. At that point I realized I didn’t have to get a new car every time I hit 60k miles. My current car is at 40k. imma ride that car out as long as I can in my almost half a million dollar house With no car notes.
What made the cars beat up? My mom’s been in the finance industry like 20 years.
From banks to buildings. Been to her jobs numerous times. Never seen any employee with a “beat up” car in the lot. Not once

You nikkas are calling older cars or non lux cars “beat up “ for the sake of argument. It’s literally two different things

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I know this will be a hated take since so many people hate designer junkies and all of that jazz. And I get it. Draped in designer is just as bad(for different reasons, mostly it’s just tacky)

However buying the absolute cheapest clothes you can find, is just not a good look. You don’t have to buy the most EXPENSIVE items but if you’re getting all your clothes from Walmart trust me. It will look like it and it will make you look worse.

Same with driving around beat up cars because it saves money. Sure it probably does. But people like me(bosses) will definitely pre judge you if you’re rolling around on donut tires and dented up cars ON TOP of hopping out with faded glory brand clothes.

I don’t make the rules. Don’t hate the player hate the game.
Money looks better when it’s invisible

I got a 2014 ford Taurus limited n hoodies n sweatpants

For this very reason when I’m in the hood lol

6figure nikka come thru

Laws always fukk with me

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Black jeans, black tee or sweater, nondescript white or black/white leather shoes.

If it fits well, not droopy and baggy, then you good.