Unsung Heroes In The Black Community: Stepfathers Get No Praise In The Black Community

Daps
This is bs. step dads get more respect than real dads in the black community cause so many nikkas play step daddy. russel wilson got more love than future. that step dad from another post who aired out the real dad got more love than the real dad as well.

Im not a fan of it especially if the dad being kept away from they kids u cant be a step dad without the real dad. other community never praise step dads nearly as much as the black community does. its no joy to me in it u raising a kid that not yours doesnt hold ur dna or your last name ie not your legacy.

Also many step dads are only involved in the child life cause they with the mom if they break up the step dad in some cases if u need help from him will tell u to go to real dad. If u want to be a role model for kid not yours do u.

Me personally not my thing

And there no way u love a kid as your own that not your blood as much as your blood

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Yeah I didn't know until he got inducted into the Hall of Fame and I watched the documentary on it. He mentioned his stepfather and how much of a positive role model and impact he had on him.

He always talks about his stepfather "when my biological wouldn't bother." Yeah I bought Shaq's CDs :lolbron:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Let me get out of my comfort zone for this. I am a stepfather of a child that has a worthless father. One that quits jobs like a person changes underwear and has delusions of having more money than Mark Zuckerberg. One that neglects to do homework with his son and says he's a good dad because he takes his kids to Chuck E. Cheese. Once told me that it was the school's responsibility to teach his kids, not him. My two year old can count to ten and can identify all 26 letters of the alphabet so you should know that stupid ass way of thinking doesn't fly in my house. I make enough money so that isn't a concern. I see myself in my stepson. Growing up in a single parent household myself, many of us, grew up, going to the courts by ourselves, perfecting our jump shots or baseball swings based on what we saw on television and not having a strong male role model right next to you, to give you guidance on keeping your elbow in or saying that your stance was too wide. Do you really know how far it goes for a kid to hear, "good throw or good catch?" Pretty damn far Too many of us grew up not having a man show us how a man is supposed to conduct business as head of a household and hustle to make it happen for the family. Too many of us didn't have financial understanding so that we would build something of worth so that at the end of the day, you are resting your head in something that you own, rather than rent. Too many of us didn't have a black man in the house, that leads by example, strives for greater and has the credentials to back it up. For me, it's easy, I teach college part time and I have my MBA hanging on my wall my stepson respects my intelligence but I employ them to make him better. I pay for Cub Scouts. Why? It teaches discipline and to put others before yourself. I'll be giving him "The Talk" when he gets older and to never been ashamed of the pigmentation of his skin as a man. All in all there are many life lessons that my stepson's father refuses to teach or has the inability to teach but to have the power and capability to make sure that someone that I've come to know and love wouldn't become a statistic, it's pretty easy to do as far as stepping up. I can't speak for others, but that's why I do it.

Swagnicious

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Swagville
It's like being the garbage man, somebody's gotta do it. :ehh:

fukk that. Ain't nobody 'gotta' do that shyt

If I find out a bytch that I'm talking to got a kid.....I got only one question after that: "Is the daddy dead". If the answer is no......

giphy.gif

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk that. Ain't nobody 'gotta' do that shyt

If I find out a bytch that I'm talking to got a kid.....I got only one question after that: "Is the daddy dead". If the answer is no......

giphy.gif

Somebody gotta do it, it just won't be me. :lolbron:

• Dap
Reactions: 85

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Stepfathers and positive male role models are definitely needed in our community. nikkas get clowned for trying to raise another man's child but then nikkas are :scust: at all the drugged out zombies and half fags out there that will be unfit to lead the community forward in the next decade or so.
In your avi, aren't those two dudes who were in-love?

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Thanks for raising my seed playa
:myman:

Imma go live my life, enjoy my full paycheck, and new hoes. Imma come by in 16 years when lil one is almost a man to reconnect. I appreciate you filling the gap tho.
Aight playa (:mjlol:)