Up In The Air - Young Thug Type Beat (prod. by TheHitKingz)

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
Check out this new Young Thug type beat me and the crew just produced.

Let me get some feedback on this

HypeMan

HypeMan
Supporter
Daps
you use a drum template?

nah, we just make up our drums on the spot. Depends on the mood of the style we are working on.

We may start one style of drums, and then keep working on it, or trash it and start over until it sounds right.

One thing we always do is start on the melodies first and leave the drums for last. I personally believe that you are sometimes limiting yourself if you start with your drums first when working on a beat. (Only when you sample you can maybe lay the foundation for the drums first, but other than that, its best to start on the main melodies first when you don't sample).

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
nah, we just make up our drums on the spot. Depends on the mood of the style we are working on.

We may start one style of drums, and then keep working on it, or trash it and start over until it sounds right.

One thing we always do is start on the melodies first and leave the drums for last. I personally believe that you are sometimes limiting yourself if you start with your drums first when working on a beat. (Only when you sample you can maybe lay the foundation for the drums first, but other than that, its best to start on the main melodies first when you don't sample).
sounds good fam. You should think about making up some drum templates and selling them