Upd 8/16: Based on 2023 Lake Mead Proj. - Arizona, Nevada and Mexico must draw less of Mead's water

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They actually reversed it.

Americans are too selfish to do that, especially those settlers in the southwest.

"The City of Cape Town implemented significant water restrictions in a bid to curb water usage, and succeeded in reducing its daily water usage by more than half to around 500 million litres (130,000,000 US gal) per day in March 2018.[6] The fall in water usage led the City to postpone its estimate for "Day Zero", and strong rains starting in June 2018 led to dam levels recovering.[7] In September 2018, with dam levels close to 70 percent, the city began easing water restrictions, indicating that the worst of the water crisis was over.[8] Good rains in 2020 effectively broke the drought and resulting water shortage when dam levels reached 95 percent.[9]'

:wow:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Y’all mofos being alarmist, the Colorado river runs from the gulf of California along the Arizona/Nevada border right up to the Hoover damn with other damns in between... Those other damns have to increase its water capacity to fill up lake meed

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
We need to figure out large scale desalinization.
That would be a game changer.

The only part about that, you need a shytload of energy. Desalinization itself isn't the problem, but you need a massive grid to perform that task.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

:manny:

Reminds me of Iraq when people started admitting shyt wasn't going well, and then former supporters would say "no point in pointing fingers, the question is what do we do NOW." Well "now" is kinda too late, the shyt has already hit the fan.

I would hope that China's ascent convinces republicans that now is the time to make major investments in the country, beyond just pumping money into the military. That means massive infrastructure spending (daps to Biden), massive investment in healthcare, etc. Climate change...tbh that cake is cooked at this point, nothing is stopping the train. I don't see anything we can do for instance to refill that dam, unless you don't something wild like spend billions to transfer water from one place (Great Lakes?) to another lol. That sounds like something a 5 year old would think of so I'm gonna assume it's not feasible.
:mjlol: