UPDATE: MARY JUST DROPPED THANKS FOR YOUR PURCHASE My new brand just went officially live.... Canaries USA

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
The more successful you are the more you will live to regret those words. A lot of these mall brands like Zara and urban outfitters are known for eating off people just like you shamelessly.

I’ve heard a lot about Zara and I’ve watched UO bite Bricks & Wood shamelessly lol. You are absolutely right tho. At the moment I’m just happy to be operational

Willie

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
What design of Bricks & Wood did UO bite?

Bricks & Wood does a “Balance” tee with varsity typography. Sometimes last year UO did one with a different colorway. One sec let me see if I can find it.

Here’s the B&W tee

And here’s the UO tee. It’s actually a cross between B&W and Chinatown Market

Daps
Bricks & Wood does a “Balance” tee with varsity typography. Sometimes last year UO did one with a different colorway. One sec let me see if I can find it.

Here’s the B&W tee

And here’s the UO tee. It’s actually a cross between B&W and Chinatown Market

I’ve seen that tee before. I followed Brocks & Wood on Tumblr. UO’s is a definite rip. I don’t know if they can copyright “balance,” since it’s a basic word, but the typography is a definite rip. Bricks makes clean pieces. Not a fan of Chinatown Market, though.

:pachaha:

Willie

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
I’ve seen that tee before. I followed Brocks & Wood on Tumblr. UO’s is a definite rip. I don’t know if they can copyright “balance,” since it’s a basic word, but the typography is a definite rip. Bricks makes clean pieces. Not a fan of Chinatown Market, though.

:pachaha:

CTM reminds me of Malibu’s Most Wanted for some reason :russ: So much going on with a lot of their pieces

I fukk with B&W heavy. When I first really start getting in the game I reached out to Kacey to pick his brain about what I was getting myself into. Surprisingly he hit me right back and any time I reach out with a question he makes sure to get back with me. That went a long way for me because I’ve reached out to others and either gotten crickets or gotten the run around something crazy. Tried to get in touch with Bobby at the Hundreds all he said was the TonaDay shirts were cool :dead:Kacey always and forever a real A1 dude in my book. Makes it easy as hell to support the brand

Daps
CTM reminds me of Malibu’s Most Wanted for some reason :russ: So much going on with a lot of their pieces

I fukk with B&W heavy. When I first really start getting in the game I reached out to Kacey to pick his brain about what I was getting myself into. Surprisingly he hit me right back and any time I reach out with a question he makes sure to get back with me. That went a long way for me because I’ve reached out to others and either gotten crickets or gotten the run around something crazy. Tried to get in touch with Bobby at the Hundreds all he said was the TonaDay shirts were cool :dead:Kacey always and forever a real A1 dude in my book. Makes it easy as hell to support the brand
That’s cuz Bricks isn’t too far removed from where you are. It’s still a fairly new brand that hasn’t yet gained its footing in this market, so I’m sure they’re empathetic to a breh like yourself, who like them is still figuring it out.

Willie

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
That’s cuz Bricks isn’t too far removed from where you are. It’s still a fairly new brand that hasn’t yet gained its footing in this market, so I’m sure they’re empathetic to a breh like yourself, who like them is still figuring it out.

Perfectly worded. They’ve grown crazy in the past couple years. New Balance shoe, KSWISS just dropped and numerous Dodgers collabs :wow: I’m tryna get there. Finna finesse Cincy and plant my feet I need that Reds/Bengals collab.

I probably really should have Lebron on my radar in some way. Gotta figure that one out. We from the same place this should be an easy play

March Madness

who even am i are
Daps
Reppin
South Oak Cliff
it is harder to get it popping with mass-market items (i.e - T-shirts, hoodies, etc),
to put it in simpler terms, you have your work cut out for you.

U gotta be ready to do the work, both offline and online and U can't be cheap.
T-shirt businesses are more about “hustle” and marketing budgets, IMO.

I’ve seen people make $8,000-$15,000 a month off T-Shirts’s with hellified Online Marketing Campaigns.

If you can grind your way up to 5k IG Followers, i truly believe you are here to stay.
and from my experience don’t expect consistent sales until you have about 3-10k IG Followers

so don't be discouraged by lack of sales if you haven't met those metrics.
you are already getting sales w/out a big following which means you can probably scale this.

Mailing List and IG Following are going to be your sword-and-shield moving forward.

Influencer Marketing on IG is kinda rubbish.
if I were to absolutely do it I’d only do it with Style YouTubers with 30k+ subs and 10k+ video views avg.
…but that is just ME.

Facebook Ads…I think have seen better days, but I know people who kill with them…i think success of them is relative to demos+product
IG Story Ads used to be really effective, but I think they’ve lost a lot of firepower over the years.

I think IG Blog Posts are more powerful right now,
you’d be surprised what a $200 blog post would do from a Hip Hop News IG that has 200k+ followers and real engagement.
but your landing page (IG and website) have to be optimized to convert.

IMO,
the best tried-and-true sales funnel is THE MAILING LIST!!!!
been the case since 2006 and i think it is still true in 2022.
i have two mailing lists with a couple thousand people each, they bring me sales all throughout the week.

you probably know it by now but a Lookbook is POWERFUL.
most ppl cannot visualize how clothes drape in 3D or how to style;
that isnt me talking shyt, a lot of times consumers need to see it on someone else before committing.

there are people who launch mass online marketing campaigns but don’t have proper lookbooks,
and end up -not converting as much as they would- had they taken care of business with the lookbook first.
When people come on yo IG, what they really wanna see, is full body pictures (with editorial photo editing) of people wearing the clothes.

mannequin pics, product placement pics, etc etc <— there is a place for these,
but when ppl come to your page, they want to see these pieces styled in the CONTEXT OF AN OUTFIT.

i am a real life Cut & Sew demon, and Cut & Sew is going to define the 2020’s;
but there will always be a niche and a market for T-Shirts in ALL price-points so remember that.

i worked as a Garment Technologist and have some data i want to share with you,
when it comes to garments… Jeans/Pants and Puffer Jackets have been known to "sell easier".
T-Shirts are novelty purchases so U have an uphill battle vs. a functional garment.

…you may want to look into screen printing your logo over some of those in the future.
again, it is just an idea.

…i am not telling you what to do.
i am not giving advice but more-so just improvising and hoping you can take something useful from it.

anyway,
you have a pretty good attitude on things,
i wish you well.

Sister Mary Clarence

I pronounce us ready to eat. Amen.
Daps
Reppin
Saint Katherine's Convent
it is harder to get it popping with mass-market items (i.e - T-shirts, hoodies, etc),

I’ve seen people make $8,000-$15,000 a month off T-Shirts’s with hellified Online Marketing Campaigns.

If you can grind your way up to 5k IG Followers, i truly believe you are here to stay.
and from my experience don’t expect consistent sales until you have about 3-10k IG Followers

you are already getting sales w/out a big following which means you can probably scale this.

Mailing List and IG Following are going to be your sword-and-shield moving forward.

if I were to absolutely do it I’d only do it with Style YouTubers with 30k+ subs and 10k+ video views avg.
…but that is just ME.

Facebook Ads…I think have seen better days, but I know people who kill with them…i think success of them is relative to demos+product
IG Story Ads used to be really effective, but I think they’ve lost a lot of firepower over the years.

you’d be surprised what a $200 blog post would do from a Hip Hop News IG that has 200k+ followers and real engagement.

IMO,
i have two mailing lists with a couple thousand people each, they bring me sales all throughout the week.

that isnt me talking shyt, a lot of times consumers need to see it on someone else before committing.

there are people who launch mass online marketing campaigns but don’t have proper lookbooks,
and end up -not converting as much as they would- had they taken care of business with the lookbook first.
When people come on yo IG, what they really wanna see, is full body pictures (with editorial photo editing) of people wearing the clothes.

but when ppl come to your page, they want to see these pieces styled in the CONTEXT OF AN OUTFIT.

but there will always be a niche and a market for T-Shirts in ALL price-points so remember that.

when it comes to garments… Jeans/Pants and Puffer Jackets have been known to "sell easier".
T-Shirts are novelty purchases so U have an uphill battle vs. a functional garment.

…you may want to look into screen printing your logo over some of those in the future.

i am not giving advice but more-so just improvising and hoping you can take something useful from it.

anyway,
i wish you well.
great post :salute:love the knowledge being shared in this thread

Willie

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA

…but that is just ME.

IMO,

anyway,
i wish you well.

I truly appreciate your insight. I initially wanted to do complete cut & sew but at the time, it was completely out of my budget. Then I went through the process of teaching myself tech packs and sourcing which just let me to printing in the meantime so I could have something functional.

I'm also glad that you mentioned the clothing being presented in a more practical way. I've got a couple shoots lined up in the next few weeks with all of the new pieces so we'll be able to showcase them in a more real world setting. I really have to start doing the shoots before the drops but this shyt is like holding onto someone's Christmas presents :russ:

I'll be re-reading your post to make sure I soaked everything in. Is it cool with you if I reach out in the event that I have any questions?

March Madness

who even am i are
Daps
Reppin
South Oak Cliff
I truly appreciate your insight. I initially wanted to do complete cut & sew but at the time, it was completely out of my budget. Then I went through the process of teaching myself tech packs and sourcing which just let me to printing in the meantime so I could have something functional.

Man just get your following up and do all that shyt later, lol

Outsourced Cut & Sew is a bytch to deal with.
and unless you have a third-party company doing Quality Control,
the inventory you get back is going to be a mixed bag.
but really it depends on the factory contracting the work.

i usually go to Fiverr for Tech Packs + Spec Sheets lol

Willie said:
I'm also glad that you mentioned the clothing being presented in a more practical way. I've got a couple shoots lined up in the next few weeks with all of the new pieces so we'll be able to showcase them in a more real world setting. I really have to start doing the shoots before the drops but this shyt is like holding onto someone's Christmas

IMO...
it's gotta feel "real" when you drop. Multiple cylinders have to be clicking at once.

I was posting sample pieces on IG getting 300-400+ likes but there wasn't any inventory to actually purchase.
local designers was taking my shyt and running with it....but it is what it is.

it's not about who comes up with an idea first,
it's about Who brings it to market first.
...Who puts Marketing $$$ behind it to make it pop, etc etc

i have a thread on here where i posted samples and didn't have anything for sale
whole thread is just people asking me where to buy and how to buy lol

now i don't post shyt unless:
1). I have Inventory/Quanity ready to go
2). I have already done photoshoot "looks" for the Lookbook
i think this is best way to roll-out.

Willie said:
I'll be re-reading your post to make sure I soaked everything in. Is it cool with you if I reach out in the event that I have any questions?

i am here if anyone needs me. i work in Apparel/Fashion full-time.
Kant post much because i am busy sewing, but i do login 2-3 times a week to check DMs.
i am not like these bougie TLR nikkas, March Madness does not leave ppl on read.