URL Armageddon - Tsu Surf vs Conceited

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this line is completely different. not even close. just because double dare and the nose was used. one was a reference to khans big nose,. the other was a gun bar. if thats a bite then we really gotta accuse every single battle rapper of biting. smh at the lengths yall go to discredit con

Where did I say it's a bite? :manny: I said the concept was already used and even complimented Conceited to give it another meaning.

:leostare: nyggas need to stop with any similar reference is a bite
nyggas might have never heard the line and say something similar
If nyggas wanna do that Lux whole third round blatantly bit Aye Verb

Read the same shyt above. And since you mention Verb and Lux - Verb's concept was awesome, but Lux managed to take it to another level.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He was talking about the Double Dare nose picking line. Double Dare was a show on 1980s/90s Nick. One of the challenges involved picking a giant nose to find a flag.
tumblr_m87u6lk8Yv1rr4vufo1_1280.jpg

I'm still with the same reaction off the explanation. It's corny to me. Double dare???? :beli:

Thanks for the explanation. Wish it would have been a little deeper than that. :to:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Read the same shyt above. And since you mention Verb and Lux - Verb's concept was awesome, but Lux managed to take it to another level.

:shaq2:
Verb's was better
The Lux dikk riding is ridiculous
And I hate verb faggit azz

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life
Con won ..2-1 .... it was a good battle... I fuccs with Surf too..but biting the slow it down...Con clowning him first about having to say Pause everytime some1 says his last name...Con just seemed to be on his shyt alil more... Surf was nice too tho ... I like the personal about what H.S. Con went too and where he reps and those stockton clowns he aligned himself with..... Con is just a level above Surf in terms of bars...but at times Con comes across as not believable..on the other hand I believe Surf puts that work in...so in my eyes that made it close... .but it still wasn't enough for Surf

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
I'm still with the same reaction off the explanation. It's corny to me. Double dare???? :beli:

Thanks for the explanation. Wish it would have been a little deeper than that. :to:

unless u grew up on double dare that line wouldve never had an impact on you

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Con won ..2-1 .... it was a good battle... I fuccs with Surf too..but biting the slow it down...

Let's address this too since people are discussing this as a reason to say Surf lost. First off, Surf only actually used the "subtitles" in the first round. Second off, the concept of saying a line that actually has two meanings was NOT originated by Con. Still the concept of emphasizing it with a catchphrase is Con's idea which Surf did recreate. The problem I have with people using it against Surf is this.......HE'S ONLY USED IT AGAINST SONS MEMBERS. The only reason the nikka Surf even took the concept was because Con is pretty much the face of SONS right now. So when he KILLED Brixx Belvy with the subtitles, it was pretty much intentional. Now if after that battle the nikka went into other battles doing the same shyt, I'd understand the whole "biting" putdown. But from jump, Surf has pretty much used it as "Look, I can use your own style better than you." And Surf pretty much proved that he can do it better than Con in this battle. Not just because his first subtitle was the best original bar in the battle, but also because he didn't overuse it.

I doubt Surf uses it again in other battles...he doesn't need it and the main purpose of creating subtitles was to shyt on SONS. For that alone, I don't give much stock in the "biting" angle.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Let's address this too since people are discussing this as a reason to say Surf lost. First off, Surf only actually used the "subtitles" in the first round. Second off, the concept of saying a line that actually has two meanings was NOT originated by Con. Still the concept of emphasizing it with a catchphrase is Con's idea which Surf did recreate. The problem I have with people using it against Surf is this.......HE'S ONLY USED IT AGAINST SONS MEMBERS. The only reason the nikka Surf even took the concept was because Con is pretty much the face of SONS right now. So when he KILLED Brixx Belvy with the subtitles, it was pretty much intentional. Now if after that battle the nikka went into other battles doing the same shyt, I'd understand the whole "biting" putdown. But from jump, Surf has pretty much used it as "Look, I can use your own style better than you." And Surf pretty much proved that he can do it better than Con in this battle. Not just because his first subtitle was the best original bar in the battle, but also because he didn't overuse it.

I doubt Surf uses it again in other battles...he doesn't need it and the main purpose of creating subtitles was to shyt on SONS. For that alone, I don't give much stock in the "biting" angle.

Breh. Surf came in there with a fukk I gotta put it in subtitles or something sweatshirt on. Surf is my nikka but I can't even look past that. Took con shyt and made it his own slogan kinda. Whether he's battling Sons nikkas or not its a clear bite thats why its always pointed out. At least that how I see it anyway:manny:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
And after watching this battle for a 5th time, Con's second round is really underrated. He had more hot lines in his second than surf. Surf just gotta really aggressive with his delivery which can sway it his way. The Miami exposal was interesting though :ehh: That round is a little debatable to me.

FreshABM

Dollaz make Sense $$ ABM Commas After My Commas
Daps
Reppin
ABM Headquarters The Flossy Life

Breh. Surf came in there with a fukk I gotta put it in subtitles or something sweatshirt on. Surf is my nikka but I can't even look past that. Took con shyt and made it his own slogan kinda. Whether he's battling Sons nikkas or not its a clear bite thats why its always pointed out. At least that how I see it anyway:manny:

I hear you ..but what I put in bold is basically what it is...and Surf fronts like he didn't get it from Con...what subtitles just mysteriously popped up after Con's slow it downs?? Its not the only reason Surf lost in my opinion but its one of them... Con is just better overall to me when it comes to BARS

I agree with MIC

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
yall need to start making a poll with each of these battles. I got it 2-1 Con after watching it a few more times.

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And after watching this battle for a 5th time, Con's second round is really underrated. He had more hot lines in his second than surf. Surf just gotta really aggressive with his delivery which can sway it his way. The Miami exposal was interesting though :ehh: That round is a little debatable to me.

con was crazy in the 2nd, surf only stole it on agression. and even though surf presented it well I thought we all been known that Con aint really from BK. "I didnt know they had a brooklyn in the villiage" I give Surf the 2nd only cause the battle is too close for me to make it 3-0 but in reailty i could easily give Con the 2nd round which to me was the only real debatable one.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
And surfs rebuttals were really weak :snoop: He needs to stay away from that.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
The more I watch the more I feel like Surf 3-0 Conceited. Not a bodybag, but he convincingly won every round, except the first. Which I'm still not sure. But Surf's first was insane. So many lines went over the crowd's head.