US airlines like Delta and United are so desperate for pilots they are dropping some requirements and considering cutting training hours to get more..

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Or....wait...hang on...just hear me out. I know this is controversial...

Pay them more money.

14675.gif
Money is not the issue. There aren’t enough people going to flight schools.

O Fenômeno

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerz/Seattle
Money is not the issue. There aren’t enough people going to flight schools.
These companies know how to get more pilots...they just don't want to give the bag..

Pay for schooling debt..or put them in a program yourself.

They know the solutions..they pay people millions to come up with the solutions to issues like employment

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
What goes into it?

I don't know the $ amount but it's CRAZY the resources set aside for general aviation. Yes some of it's used by commercial aviation but think about the costs for:

* Maintaining airfields, security, landscaping, keeping wild life from roosting near airfields
* Air traffic controllers at small airports
* There are weather people on call who will give you oral weather reports. This is like call support for planning a flight and you could be talking to a real person.
* There are also regional weather reports that are updated many times a day.
* Building and maintaining the different radar and signaling systems for navigation and landing
* NTSB who sends out a team to research EVERY airplane crash, even little Cessnas
* Regulating small aircraft construction and the certification process

It's not like this in every country, I'm saying if people knew how much is being poured into maintaining sky highways that only wealthy people can afford that system won't last.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Situations like this, the government should be able to step in and require actual mins lol

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
In all seriousness, if they had taken the time to invest in ground infrastructure, like high-speed rail with hubs in major cities, this wouldn't be as big of an issue.

My sister said there's supposed to be a high speed rail from Cleveland to Chicago.

I wish there was a rail from Chicago to ATL. DAMN the fukkery would be off the charts. In ATL on a Friday night? shyt