Used luxury cars for under $25k

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
VQ in the Z is the same thing :heh:

VQ in the Gs feel fast cause your expectations are lower. VQ in the Z feels slow cause its supposed to be a sports car. I like my Z though. I wish it was like 300lb lighter but it looks sexy as fukk in white and it gets the job done. I dont know if I'd get another one with 911s and Caymans getting so cheap but I will def keep this one for a while.

People dont realize how big of a gamble Nissan took with the G/Z. The ONLY car Nissan had worth buying in 2001 was the Maxima. Everything else was DOO DOO :damn: Thank God they rolled the dice though.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You'd be surprised by how many X's you see down here. Not just in the G, but in the M as well. My wife has a M35 and she is in love with it. If anything happens to it, she said she would just get another.
Im surprised. I wanted a G for wifey but we needed a hatchback/wagon. FX is a gas guzzler.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA

VQ in the Gs feel fast cause your expectations are lower. VQ in the Z feels slow cause its supposed to be a sports car. I like my Z though. I wish it was like 300lb lighter but it looks sexy as fukk in white and it gets the job done. I dont know if I'd get another one with 911s and Caymans getting so cheap but I will def keep this one for a while.

People dont realize how big of a gamble Nissan took with the G/Z. The ONLY car Nissan had worth buying in 2001 was the Maxima. Everything else was DOO DOO :damn: Thank God they rolled the dice though.
Nissan didn't take that huge of a gamble.
Their last iteration of the Z, 300ZX, was good. They had two versions. A crappy 4-cylinder version which was slow because the body was heavy (at least you looked good). Then, there was a twin-turbo V6 which was much better performance wise and matched the car's looks. This time, they didn't go with a weak engine option.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah, it feels fast because the gearing is different than the Z.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nissan didn't take that huge of a gamble.
Their last iteration of the Z, 300ZX, was good. They had two versions. A crappy 4-cylinder version which was slow because the body was heavy (at least you looked good). Then, there was a twin-turbo V6 which was much better performance wise and matched the car's looks. This time, they didn't go with a weak engine option.
Z has always been a 6 cylinder. The weak one was a V6 with no turbos, which wasn't really that weak unless you compared it to the turbo one.

I think Nissan took a gamble, because they said 'lets take the V6 out of the Maxima and put it in everything from the Z to the minivan'. If the engine was shytty the whole company would have went under. From ~97-02 Nissan was pretty fukking shytty. No Z, weak Infinitis, downgrade on everything. But they had the V6. So they said fukk it and built the whole company around the one thing that was worth anything- that V6. I'm glad they did but it could have really backfired.

Nah, it feels fast because the gearing is different than the Z.
I will have to confirm this with a test drive.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will have to confirm this with a test drive.

I'm not sayin' it's *acutally* faster than the Z, but it's geared lower for more torque / driveable power. The other thing i didn't like about the 370 was it got heat soaked all.the.goddamn.time and was slow as a dog once the DME started retarding ignition timing. shyt was slower than a minivan during the AZ summers with the A/C blasting. In the winter, it was a fukking blast, tho.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm not sayin' it's *acutally* faster than the Z, but it's geared lower for more torque / driveable power. The other thing i didn't like about the 370 was it got heat soaked all.the.goddamn.time and was slow as a dog once the DME started retarding ignition timing. shyt was slower than a minivan during the AZ summers with the A/C blasting. In the winter, it was a fukking blast, tho.

Yea I test drove a 370 not long ago... the interior was way nicer, but it definitely didn't feel like no god damn 50 extra fukking horsepower. I'd rather replace the 3.5 in my shyt and keep pushing than drop that extra $10-15K for the 370...

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Just totaled my 07 GS350:to: now looking for a new ride. Cant afford the newer GSs so its time to move on to another vehicle. Looking to keep it under $25k

Lexus LS460s are clean but too damn bulky, you not weaving thru traffic in this tank
I wanted a 2008-09 BMW 650 but that maintenance :merchant:
Thought about an Audi A6 but speed and performance are :snooze:
Been looking at 2007-08 Mercedes CLS550's and 500's but the potential repairs/maintenance:huhldup:
Test drove a 2010 Acura TL and it drove like an Accord :ld:
Test drove a G37s coupe and the handling + acceleration was:ooh:. Think we got a winner, might even have enough $ left over for some off set rims. Any G owners here?

i know this a old thread but it's similar to what im going thru now..

My 04 GS430 was totaled and now im looking for a CLS63 or at least a 550 (07-08 preferably)

everybody keep talking about repair prices for older luxury cars but i kept my 430 in excellent condition and didn't have any major problems except for replacing the lower ball joints..

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lexus and Benz are two diff cars breh especially if its a 9 year old benz. Unless you know a good mechanic or can do maintenance w/o going to the dealerships I'd stay away from any decade old luxury car not called a lexus:francis:

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My 04 GS430 was totaled and now im looking for a CLS63 or at least a 550 (07-08 preferably)

everybody keep talking about repair prices for older luxury cars but i kept my 430 in excellent condition and didn't have any major problems except for replacing the lower ball joints..
Ended up going with another 08 GS350, best economical decision:manny: Ill cop something better one day:martin:

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Lexus and Benz are two diff cars breh especially if its a 9 year old benz. Unless you know a good mechanic or can do maintenance w/o going to the dealerships I'd stay away from any decade old luxury car not called a lexus:francis:

what if it was well maintained thou?

I always go cop my cars from deep out in the suburbs where the wealthy folks live lol

plus i'll only keep it for maybe 2-3 years

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I always go cop my cars from deep out in the suburbs where the wealthy folks live lol

Just do your research on known issues for that specific model and year, if a random pump or sensor goes bad just be ready to pay tax

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

look at the maintenance cycle in regards to mileage and see what each costs then decide from there if you can afford it/ it makes sense.

Benzs are one of the more expensive cars to maintain supposedly and they're really technical even by Euro standards.

Check out some threads on I think renntech or mbworld

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Search "BMW V8 valley leak". Thank me later.