USPS Crisis: Postmaster General slowing mail & in contact with Republican Party officials!

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Thanks to George Bush, liberals favorite Republican

From left to right: PMG John Potter, Sen. Tom Carper, Sen. Susan Collins, Rep. Danny Davis, President George Bush, Rep. McHugh at signing of Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 (PAEA).
lately.
Exactly

I work there. That prepay 75 years in advance was nothing more than a ploy to bring us down . The system is rigged.without that bullshyt rule set by the Republicans, we'd be in the green. I cant put it all on republicans tho, obama had 8 years to fix it and chose not to

The elite want us privatized, and if that ever happens consumers are fukked. Prices will increase and service will deteriorate.

I get people bytching about the price of stamps, but its 55 cent, theres no other industrialized nation in the world with stamps less than a dollar but us

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
If USPS fails, say goodbye to all those online retailers that heavily rely upon USPS for shipping, aside from the countless other reaasons.

edit: im convinced some of yall wanna just see everything crash and burn lol

They do. Many of them are right wingers. The whole premise behind loving every single thing Trump does is a need to just throw the whole country away before sharing it with others in any meaningful way.:wow:

Some are just angry bitter losers however. :mjgrin:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Everyone loves their cheap service huh?:pachaha:
Privatize them, remove gov imposed nonsense blamed for their woes and let them compete... Let’s see if consumers are with ya’ll.

... i expect those prices to increase as well in order for them to remain solvent.

F K

All Star
Daps
Privatize them, remove gov imposed nonsense blamed for their woes and let them compete... Let’s see if consumers are with ya’ll.

... i expect those prices to increase as well in order for them to remain solvent.
the usps provides an essential national service, especially to rural areas that will never be profitable.
This is where libertarians miss the point when they complain about the usps, social security etc..
The cost of the USPS is the cost we are willing to pay to ensure that all citizens can communicate and receive packages. The cost of social security is the cost we are willing to pay to ensure people too old to work don't die. Profit doesn't matter, and the USPS would be financially solvent if conservatives weren't actively trying to kill it for ideological reasons.

Privatizing it makes no sense. Private companies already hate going to the places that need USPS the most, so we'll have to subsidize those routes anyway. not to mention we get to add the risk of companies having to go out of business or having to change contracts and having to spin up all capacities again.

Lastly, another thing you consistently skate on in these discussions is that the federal government is a far less discriminatory employer to Black People than private enterprise.

HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media
DEAD7 Is only too happy to abandon his kinfolk to private markets dominated by racist whites. Let's let ADOS get reparations first before forcing them to compete with the people who stole and stacked up ADOS la labor and wealth :mjpls:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell

You talking tough but If you lived in an apartment USPS has access to all of them, show up every day and deliver mail. 3rd party services usually have to get an access code from the resident who oftentimes isn't home during working out.

Also, a lot of companies use 3rd party couriers who are just garbage, pay low and give no health insurance or benefits to employees.

You sounding real Uberish right now, because if USPS fails that most likely what's gonna happen, a bunch of money-hungry cacs making residents drive there own cars providing little benefits to hand out mail.

USPS pays decent for a company that doesn't have high educational requirements and offers full health, dental and a pension... GOP is making this move solely due to alot of brehs being able to provide without jumping through the corporate america hustle.

USPS first, then public schools to push everyone to spend money on the hope of attaining the American dream.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Republicans have been dying to privatize the post office for decades. I would love to see them get their way just so that rural communities would get fukked over, but I know what would happen. They'd just pass a "Mail for Farmers Act" and subsidized private mail carrier service to their constitutents. And we'd end up spending 2x for the same service.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
You talking tough but If you lived in an apartment USPS has access to all of them, show up every day and deliver mail. 3rd party services usually have to get an access code from the resident who oftentimes isn't home during working out.
Not even sure what you are saying... are you under the impression they'd lose this if privatized? or that no other carrier can be given access?:dwillhuh:

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
the usps provides an essential national service, especially to rural areas that will never be profitable.
This is where libertarians miss the point when they complain about the usps, social security etc..
The cost of the USPS is the cost we are willing to pay to ensure that all citizens can communicate and receive packages.
Pay FedEx or whoever to do it :russell:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Not even sure what you are saying... are you under the impression they'd lose this if privatized? or that no other carrier can be given access?:dwillhuh:

Well from what we see already the cost goes up once USPS is out the picture, UPS charges more for rural areas.

Not only that but factor in the cost to be able to give one of these private companies the funds they need to start up, they need smaller vehicles as those CDL trucks aren't anywhere near efficient as the small USPS trucks. So the government is not only gonna kill USPS but fund the start-up needed to get the other services the mobility to start up.

But from what I see the price will be higher.

Amazon is killing off couriers left and right who don't meet shipping standards and speeds. The end result will be on the consumer.