uv index chart: time to burn (thank the universe for melanin)

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh: yooo this morning i turned on the weather to see if it would rain, and i saw the weatherman had a UV burn time of 15 minutes. i had to look it up to see if it meant what i thought it did..

UV Index Chart: Time to Burn

The UV Index chart tells you how quickly you will burn your skin without protection so that you can apply sunscreen as often as needed. :dame:

UV Index Number Exposure Level Time to Burn Actions to Take
0, 1, 2 Minimal 60 minutes Apply SPF 15 sunscreen
3, 4 Low 45 minutes Apply SPF 15 sunscreen; wear a hat
5, 6 Moderate 30 minutes Apply SPF 15 sunscreen; wear a hat
7, 8, 9 High 15-25 minutes Apply SPF 15 to 30 sunscreen; wear a hat and sunglasses
10 or higher Very high 10 minutes Apply SPF 30 sunscreen; wear a hat, sunglasses, and protective clothing

“Time to Burn” and “Actions to Take” apply to people with fair skin that sometimes tans but usually burns. People with lighter skin need to be more cautious. People with darker skin may be able to tolerate more exposure.:mjpls:

shyt kinda bugged me out for real. i usually think people burn from laying on the beach for long periods...but all it takes is a few minutes for some... appreciate your melanin ya'll :wow::blessed:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
they will be incinerated , thats why theyre building underground bunkers and shyt for the real rich
they know wsup, thats why they invented global warming
they know Helios is Hell to them . just wait until our second sun come around , they like to call it planet x or whatever tf

CoochieMane

#Wholesomegang
Daps
Reppin
Trinidad
Never used sunscreen in my life. My uncles and aunts skin turns bright pink when ever they're in the sun for too long and I just hit them with the :umad: because I just get a few shades darker and the worst that can happen is the skin on my face peels off