VICE: The Young Black Conservatives of Trump's America

Daps
To be a black conservative or liberal, do you have to align yourself tightly with dems or repubs?

Like why do they go so hard to fit in with their white counterparts, it will forever look like c00ning to me
I personally don’t nuzzle up to white conservatives (or liberals). It’s about doing what you think is in the best interests of yourself and your community not tapdancing for validation from white liberals, white conservatives or immigrants

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Truth be told Black people's views often align more with conservative views than liberal. If not for the Steve Kings, and history of Strom Thurmond types, Southern Strategy, etc., Black folks would be more inclined to vote Republican.
Hell if not for race issues it would be mainly two main groups of people period. It's hard to be down with people that overall you think on some different race value stuff than you but overall people share a lot of common pov just slanted for what their bias is. That's why a lot of cats on twitter get generalized as blavity blacks because they sound like stereotypical liberal whites just have a white spin on it. On the other side the "c00n" types are the opposite and have a conservative white spin on things.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
To be a black conservative or liberal, do you have to align yourself tightly with dems or repubs?

Like why do they go so hard to fit in with their white counterparts, it will forever look like c00ning to me
Breh a black liberal cant go anywhere near republicans. They cape for lbgtq
A conservative black doesn’t fit in with dems, they want what the alt right wants.

Its all c00ning on both sides, you can’t escape it. Do you want Candace Owens are do you want zesty DeRay Mckesson types ?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Nah the ones I meet down here are cool with Black wives :whoa: They are just fed up

I think they have taken "Black Conservative" and made it into something else.

Conservative: holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
I feel like those who are now called "Black Conservatives" -- are very white-identified -- and they also have no ties to the Black community and want no ties.

Cosby was a Black conservative -- yes - he talked shyt about the community -- but he also gave money, time and dedication to the community. HBCU's, history programs, tv programs, etc.

The new "Black conservatives" -- those in the Vice doc -- want no part of the Black community and never had any parts of the community. Cause they don't see themselves as apart of it.

Daps
Not watching

Did they say what the GOP is going to do for black people? This is my problem with black conservatives. If you want to vote that way, then fine, but putting down black people publically in front of whites, and offering no solutions is ridiculous.

They can’t even tell us what the GOP has done for poor whites.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
except they've done everything they could so that black people can't vote period.

Truth be told Black people's views often align more with conservative views than liberal. If not for the Steve Kings, and history of Strom Thurmond types, Southern Strategy, etc., Black folks would be more inclined to vote Republican.

Daps
I think they have taken "Black Conservative" and made it into something else.

Conservative: holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
I feel like those who are now called "Black Conservatives" -- are very white-identified -- and they also have no ties to the Black community and want no ties.

Cosby was a Black conservative -- yes - he talked shyt about the community -- but he also gave money, time and dedication to the community. HBCU's, history programs, tv programs, etc.

The new "Black conservatives" -- those in the Vice doc -- want no part of the Black community and never had any parts of the community. Cause they don't see themselves as apart of it.
Once again just pulling shyt out of your ass. If they wanted nothing to do with the black community why would they attend an event for BLACK conservatives? Black conservatives are small in numbers but theyre here and they’re your neighbors, they’re at the cookouts, they’re at the church services, they’re on HBCU campuses, they’re dating people in your sphere