Viscera/Mabel was never a big draw, but he only made $100k the year he won King of the Ring

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Jeff Jarrett made more in one night than Big Vis... Smh

''Jeff Jarrett demanded and received a one-night payoff in the region of $175,000 from Vince to drop the WWF IC title as scheduled to Joanie 'Chyna' Laurer at No Mercy on October 17, 1999.''
Vince had no choice but to pay up...couldnt have him take the IC belt to WCW because they fukked up on his contract lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
WWE pays for flights for their talent but they’re on their own for other travel expenses.

Ryback said his yearly expenses was 150k... Seems kinda inflated tho.

Some wrestlers get all their accommodations and stuff paid for...but shyt like health insurance they are on their own

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
bu bu bu bu bu bu bu some random site on the net said these guys are all millionaires :comeon:

You really think Vince is trickling shyt down to the roster? Cena and them make their money but a lot of the roster ain't making that much it's why merchandise is so important and the PPV money has dried up, Ask Punk. :manny:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
dude was making 6-figs to BARELY even be on TV.

Y'all act like he was getting paid $50,000 a year.

You can live in a really nice house on that salary. I mean, if his wife had a half decent job, they were "rich"

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
No wonder a lot of these guys stay wrestling into their 60s. With all the traveling expenses and cost of healthcare for them they really don't make a lot of money.

I’ve been waiting for some ex wrestler to openly speak about pay, how/what the company chips in for, etc. I’ve heard bits and pieces from different dudes like Tyler Reks and Ryback, but nothing definitive. I can’t imagine the money is as great as people would like to think it is.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
But we're people demanding Mabel March in 95?
No shirts,no video game appearance and no figure( didn't get any of those until his viscera run which contributed to his higher earning)

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps

You can live in a really nice house on that salary. I mean, if his wife had a half decent job, they were "rich"

Certainly ... if you're a school teacher or a plumber with no travel expenses who sleeps in their own bed 7 nights a week. but when someone who is on the road 300 days a year with a physically demanding job, and is internationally famous/recognized by a large portion of the population ..... you would think they make more than $100,000- $200,000.

and again no one is expecting some crazy amount, but certainly closer to the $500,000 range especially when you consider his worst year (100k) the WWE did 85 million in revenue and his best year (250k) the WWE did 526 million in revenue.

taxes alone will eat up 40%. travel expenses will then take up another 50-80k

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Most of these wrestlers live in modest homes, if they are smart with their money or invest they can go places but man.. they definitely can't be buying anything too crazy unless they are at the top of the card.

Revenue in WWE has gone up but wages haven't increased too much, the Young Bucks and Omega and them would have jumped at the chance to be in WWE a few years back. Now they can make more without WWE and have a less demanding schedule.

AJ Styles went because he was to be on the main card and he is I believe the #1 seller in merch right now.

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
When you think about it, a lot of these wrestlers are overpaid. There must be a bunch of guys getting 6 figures per year who aren't adding anywhere near 6 figures in value for the company.

Like, maybe Mabel generated more than $100k for Vince in 95 (above whatever their revenue would be without him on the roster), but I doubt it. The majority of these guys aren't moving the needle at all.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

100k ain't really shyt if you are an independent contractor, working a job that is hazardous to your body that you won't be able to do well for a long period of time.